• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Octo Lab (Old One)

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
There are 4 Classes for the player, which will be decided on their backstory and/or personality.
Just a question. Do you mean that in our post detailing our character, we say what class we want to be? Or, you will decided our classes based on our characters? I just need some clarification there.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@Right Whale
Yes, you state which class you'll be, same with the lab selection.

Another thing I forgot to mention, I'll be using a RNG (Random Number Generator) to make little decisions to aid my posts. Like finding items, story stuff and enemies. The last one would become active at the end of the month.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
This looks interesting. Can we use the same OCs from other RPs, or do we have to make a new one specialized for this?

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@ThatSquidYouKnow
Depends on preference you could use my OC, which is a Firm Soldier as an example
A character specialized to this is pretty drastic in my opinion, I can already guess what yours could be. Maybe.
But to answer your question. No you don't need to create a new OC

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
I am interested to hear what you think mine could be. Go on. :^)

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@ThatSquidYouKnow
Well your OCs parents got their anthromorphic squid butts kicked by Octarians right?
So I would assume a Vengeful Kid, am I close or far off from the mark?

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
All right, I'm gonna try to raise my rank to A or A+ and I'll sign up later! Also I plan on being a Sightseer. ;)

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
A few questions before I decide whether or not to join:

Are those the only battle options or are those just examples? Will you interpret whatever we type to be an action? If so, will you penalize us if we try to take too long doing something?

How will player/GM interaction work? I get the posts-by-deadline structure, but does that mean you'll describe where we are and what we're doing and then we'll react in kind? Basically, how will I play the game and make posts. Will we really have to wait a month after our first posts during the first cycle? Or is that an in-game month?

What character details are required? Only inklings allowed or...? Further, will you make up a way for us to be included/abducted for the story? Where's the character sheet? :?

Do we get to choose any starting items? Or are we just given them?

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Are those the only battle options or are those just examples? Will you interpret whatever we type to be an action? If so, will you penalize us if we try to take too long doing something?
Those are just examples.
I won't intepret everything as an action. Post it on the end of your post what you do. I won't penalize you for taking too long to do something.

How will player/GM interaction work? I get the posts-by-deadline structure, but does that mean you'll describe where we are and what we're doing and then we'll react in kind? Basically, how will I play the game and make posts. Will we really have to wait a month after our first posts during the first cycle? Or is that an in-game month?
I will describe where your character is, what you're doing or going to do. Obviously you post in kind. No you won't have to wait a month, I meant you'll start having combat scenarios occur on the end of the month. It's a real life month so 4 in-game cycles then you'll start having to fight off enemies.

What character details are required? Only inklings allowed or...? Further, will you make up a way for us to be included/abducted for the story? Where's the character sheet?
Any aquatic/land creature will be able to play, Urchins, Skates, Crustaceans and Anemones. Due to the Self-Replenishing Ink Tank producing Ink to allow usage of Ink-based weaponry. I will create a way for you to be included/abducted for the story, if you must have a clue, some of you may already be in the Labs. The Character Sheet? Whoopsie I didn't include one, Thanks for reminding me

Do we get to choose any starting items? Or are we just given them?
I'll give a set of starting Kits for you guvs to use, otherwise depend on the powers of RNGesus to grant you items. I forgot to add them... editing in now. The character sheets and Kits I mean.

Last edited:

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
All right, I'm ready to get signed up for this! Things are about to go down!
Name: Parzival
Race:Inkling
Appearance: Long hair, tan skin
Clothing: Jungle hat, Sage Polo, Black Trainers
Family: Killed by Octolings
Friends: Only Inklings he trusts closely.
Weapons: Heavy Splatling, Splatterscope, Luna Blaster
Personality: He is a strategist, taking time before doing an action, usually while his weapon in charging.He is brash sometimes and has a short temper.
Background: Was very close with his parents before they died. After they died, he was hungry for revenge. When he was around 9, he met an Inkling named Pause. They became friends immediately. Soon, Pause and his squad would be the only ones he would trust. He often dreams of death, and going back to the sea, but doesn't dwell on it much. He also was introduced to Turf Wars by Pause, and he loved it. It was a way to let off all his anger without hurting anyone. Still, though he can be hotheaded at times, he is highly intelligent and thinks before acting. This is mostly due to the delay while his weapon is charging. But if you provoke him, he will rage and splat you. Most of the time you'll be the only one he splats out of anger. That is a strength, but also a weakness. Later on in the same year that he was introduced to Turf Wars, he met his squad. He moved up into Ranked Battles, but missed Pause. He left the squad and went back to playing for fun. He would still trust his squad, but not as closely as Pause. All this time, he was still hungry for vengeance. One day, when he got abducted from Inkopolis, and found the Crimson Squids. He decided to join them, and choose to be a Sightseer. Now, his adventure is ready to begin...

(Also, I would like Permadeath to stay in. This was also slightly edited for the RP)

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
Activate Ctrl + V powers!

Name:
Ride
Race: Inkling
Appearance: Light blue hair with green colored eyes. He wears a grey shirt, usually with thin jacket over it, as well as black boots.
Occupation: Tactician for his squad, he also enjoys modifying weapons in his "workshop".
Relations: He mostly hangs around with his squad-mates, Core, Roy and John. He regularly keeps in contact with his mom and dad. Who worry about him a lot. He has a sister Octoling (Who I'll post about here later)

Personality: The nerdy joker, he is confident around others and always try to make the best out of the situation he's in. When he's in the room you're bound to get a laugh from everyone with his jokes and witty comments. That is, when he's not on his iSquid. He has an app for everything, really, if you are around him long enough you'll see. He's an expert in math and problem solving. He's a huge fan of everything tech related. He can always think his way out of a situation and is always the first guy to back down from a fight He mainly uses chargers.

Backstory:
Every since he was young squidkid, he adored technology and once he entered school, math was his game. In school, he was always the class clown. Inserting witty comments and cracking jokes whenever possible. Once he grew up, and learned more about the great city of Inkopolis, he knew he was born to go there. He hoped eventually he could pursue a career in creating tech and modifying weapons.
Once he got older, his love for tech continued and eventually, he moved to Inkopolis. He loved participating in turf wars, mainly so he earn cash to buy weapons, then modify them. He eventually turned his apartment into a full-on workshop. After about a year of playing ink-battle, he joined a squad, they soon became his closest friends. He was their tactician and charger. When he wasn't playing in ink battles, he was in his workshop, or designing tactics, or just hanging around with his squad.

Guess I'll just shove this here, I don't know where else to put it, I want to be a sightseer.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@Right Whale
Very interesting character you have there, just a few questions before I fully let you in however.

Which lab do you wish to go in, you need only to make one character to play.

Who is this Sister Octoling? I would like to see it, mainly because I wonder if this is a Inkling/Octoling Hybrid or is it just an adoptive couple?

Are you serious about playing two characters as well? Because well there will be two threads opening up if I have enough players for labs. Minimum is 2 each, any joiners after that will be ret-conned in

That's all my questions

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
Which lab do you wish to go in, you need only to make one character to play.
I don't really mind. Crimson I guess.

Who is this Sister Octoling? I would like to see it, mainly because I wonder if this is a Inkling/Octoling Hybrid or is it just an adoptive couple?
An OC for another time. Still in the works.

Are you serious about playing two characters as well? Because well there will be two threads opening up if I have enough players for labs. Minimum is 2 each, any joiners after that will be ret-conned in
Erm, I don't think I said I wanted to play two characters. Unless you're thinking that the sister octoling is someone I'll be playing as, then no.

I think that's it.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@Right Whale
Sorry about that misunderstanding, I was under the impression when you mentioned two characters. My bad!
I also realized it was posted in a different thread, silly old Rustic! :confused:

I'll edit you in shortly, Crimson for you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom