• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Octobrush: The Hidden Gem

Weapons Octobrush: The Hidden Gem

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
Right Whale submitted a new guide:

Octobrush: The Hidden Gem - My guide on how to use the Octobrush effectively!

Welcome to my first guide here on Squidboards! I will be explaining the fundamentals of the Octobrush, the hidden gem. I will be teaching you the basics, the techniques, what abilities to use, among other things you need if your planning on trying out. or maining, the Octobrush! There has been people before me to make an Octobrush guide, this is my take on it.
Read more about this guide...

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
Right Whale updated Octobrush: The Hidden Gem with a new update entry:

1. Basics

Alright, so your interested in using, or maining the Octobrush? It is one of the most handy and versatile weapons there is. Well, today I'll be teaching you the basics of the weapon and when to push, when to defend and who to fight or back away from. Lesson start!

First things first, you can use the Octobrush, extremely defensively or extremely offensively. Knowing how to adjust your play-style depending on the situation is extremely important. As well as when and where to place...
Read the rest of this update entry...

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
how convenient! Just when I decided to main it! great beginner's guide. Cant wait for the strategies to come out! Great job so far! :D

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365

2. Strategies

Now, lets talk strategy. This is for people who want to play more offensively, since I've covered some defensive strategies in my last part.

When playing offensively, beacons are essential, placing them as you press forward is key to victory. As well as trying to stay in ink most of the time.

If its Splat Zones, place beacons is sneaky spots near the enemy's splat zone. Make sure to push it every so often, keep the pressure on them. Be sure to splat any enemy's trying to get to your splat...

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365

3. Abilities

Alright, so here we are. In this update, I will be teaching you which abilities work best for a defensive and offensive play-styles.

First, I will be talking about a defensive play-style. One of the most crucial abilities your going to need is quick superjump . Okay, okay, here me out, this may be a strange ability to have, but it is needed. What quick superjump helps you is that when you get splatted, your going to want to get back to your spot as soon as possible, assuming you've placed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom