• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
link i made had surprise vulgar title. removed. but still so excited!

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Hey, thanks for the news. I got pretty excited from it. Now, I want to see the (hopefully) soon announcement.

Last edited:

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Splatoon's tweet essentially says that just before the squid versus octopus Splatfest, it seems that Splatnet has been hijacked by the Octarians. However, since the site is still usable to Inklings, they hope there is a chance for peace.

Gives one something to think about, no? ;) Is it just promoting the Japanese Splatfest since it's in collaboration with a company or is Nintendo really hinting that Octolings are incoming soon? Who knows~ :3

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
It gets even better if you switch the language to Japanese and then look at the top left corner and the friend list (as long as there is someone online).

Platinum Inkling

Senior Squid
Ahh I'm so excited!! I also noticed in that picture, that the people had little squid icons next to them. Now, I've never been on Splatnet in my life so this could be wrong, but what if those are a way to tell of they're an inkling or an octoling? Like when octolings come out, that icon would be either a squid or an octopus, depending on what they're playing as at the moment.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Ahh I'm so excited!! I also noticed in that picture, that the people had little squid icons next to them. Now, I've never been on Splatnet in my life so this could be wrong, but what if those are a way to tell of they're an inkling or an octoling? Like when octolings come out, that icon would be either a squid or an octopus, depending on what they're playing as at the moment.
It's replaced by octopus icons if you change the language to Japanese and go to the friend list (as long as someone is online).

Sunstone

Let's ink it up... together!
NNID
Paleamethyst
AHHHHH!!!
GIVE ME MY CUTE OCTOPUS CHILDREN TO PLAY WITH!!

(hype train choo choo)

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
Another thing I noticed about splatnet (since I haven't used the site before) is that you can actually see the whole schedule for map rotations for the day instead of just the current like spatoon.ink does. That hidden Octoling bit is clever though.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Another thing I noticed about splatnet (since I haven't used the site before) is that you can actually see the whole schedule for map rotations for the day instead of just the current like spatoon.ink does.
It's always been like that.

In any case, the hype is here, so get ready.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Octolings are definitely inevitable at this point! I'm only curious how they're gonna be implemented in terms of the story. Perhaps it'll be through an Octoling invasion which'll include a new multiplayer mode where you battle CPU controlled Octolings, and after making enough progress you'll unlock the ability to play as them. I don't know just spitballing!

Caramiella

Inkling
NNID
CaramelSundae
Putting my bets on that they try to rescue DJ Octavio from the snow globe and/or hijack the Squid Sister's newscast declaring their rescue operation or something. As added storyline DLC.

It could possibly end with the Inklings and Octarians settling their differences and let peace win, letting the Octarian's settle among the Inklings and gradually participate in Turf Wars, etc. (The Octarian's suffered enough, let them have fun for once!)

Either way, I'm really hyped and excited for what the Developers have planned for us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom