• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Odd Rainmaker Match

GrapeSodaSlosher

Inkster Jr.
NNID
GrapeSoda
I dunno if this will be of any interest but I have a need to know what went on here!
Rainmaker on Manta Maria, everything was as normal until about a minute in. The other team got the Rainmaker almost to the goal then lost it. I popped the bubble, swam to the rainmaker...and it disappeared as I grabbed it. The game said the rainmaker was behind me, so I turned around...and the indicator said it was in our spawn, but it wasn't there. Every time someone respawned we got the Rainmaker, but when they left the spawn we lost it. They didn't shine either. In the end the match just...ended randomly and we got the KO bonus even though I knew our counter was only on 40. Someone on our team did disconnect but that was right at the start. I don't know what happened but I'd like to know please!

Mikaya

Certified Nerd
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-8448-2209
Most likely a glitch that'll be patched in a future update? That sounds pretty crazy, though! What a weird experience. At least you won somehow. Lucky you. xd

Other than that, could be a hacker that messed up the entire match, although that would be somewhat rare. I haven't encountered any players of that nature, as of yet.

Ember-Wisp

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
IceCrystalEmber
Switch Friend Code
SW-6109-1903-3315
Most likely a glitch that'll be patched in a future update? That sounds pretty crazy, though! What a weird experience. At least you won somehow. Lucky you. xd

Other than that, could be a hacker that messed up the entire match, although that would be somewhat rare. I haven't encountered any players of that nature, as of yet.
Is it possible that a massive amount of lag is responsible for that? I haven't played rainmaker yet so I'm not sure what it's like. Also I really hope it's not a hackers doing, they ruin the best games... :(

GrapeSodaSlosher

Inkster Jr.
NNID
GrapeSoda

I hope it wasn't, that would be scary to hear :(
Least I got free points on my ranking.

Well, I'm
Is it possible that a massive amount of lag is responsible for that? I haven't played rainmaker yet so I'm not sure what it's like. Also I really hope it's not a hackers doing, they ruin the best games... :(
Not sure if it's lag, my internet connection is pristine!

Honestly, I think it's Nintendos servers being rubbish. I had something similar happen in mario kart the other day :/

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom