• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Off the HOOK!

Which "Off the Hook" member do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Agadez

Octobrush Crackerjack
Just curious on the reception of the new Splatoon 2 idols. Who do you like best and why?

tumblr_osobbjWA2z1rf8icbo1_1280.jpg

I for one, welcome our new idol overlords. :V

Last edited:

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi

Both.
Unlike the Squidsister's they each have their own unique designs to potentially correspond with their personality; like how Pearl has a crown and such, which could mean she'd have more of the snobby sassy princess persona etc. (Judging by the way she looks and behaves.)
That being said, I like both their designs in general. And both appeal to me. --even more than the squidsisters who I personally never really had much of a thing for. (If anything, Callie's personality and that's all.)

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Wouldn't be the first time I agreed with ya on something~!
I'm really feeling both of them. There is something about them that really stands out a lot.
No other way to put it, those are some fantastic character designs :D

On a side note, glad to see there's no hard feelings, you have yourself a fantastic day Achamo!

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
Oh their band name is 'Off the hook' in the us channel? They are named 'TentaCool' in the german Nintendo channel.
But hey, at least their individual names are quite the same now compared to the Squid Sisters.

I just can't and won't decide, I already love them both. And I need that song as mp3.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Marina all the way. I really like octolings. More so than i'm probably allowed to, so marina immediately caught my attention. Not to mention how great she dances in the music video. Pearl's cool, but being an octoling combined with the dark skin tone and the *clears throat* outfit sold it for me.

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
Marina is definitely already mine. I can tell she has a more passive, bubbly, positive vibe going with a dash of shyness. Pearl just seems loud, crass and annoying XD

Agadez

Octobrush Crackerjack
Some interesting responses lol. :V

I also added two more possible poll answers.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Both. I don't understand the hate with Pearl that I'm seeing elsewhere though...Both are good designs, IMO. And the personality's work well together while not being carbon copys of the Squid Sisters.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I like em both, but yeah, Marina ftw!

Off The Hook >>>>> Squid Sisters

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
Both. I don't understand the hate with Pearl that I'm seeing elsewhere though...Both are good designs, IMO. And the personality's work well together while not being carbon copys of the Squid Sisters.
I think it's more rather the fanbase is already claiming their "WIFE", if anything. So I'd assume it's a perspective on who is more "wife material" in terms of appearance and such. -- At least this is my speculation.

They were just introduced, and I see no reason to hate either one of them already. They both seem great!
But as I usually always say: "To each their own." Ha ha ha!

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
I can understand the one-sidedness with regards to Marina's popularity, especially in the west. Marina seems more mature, she's an octoling, and she's "poc"-- shes a lot of new things for a Splatoon mascot all in one.

Pearl seems like obvious loli-bait, not very creative and a difficult personality to enjoy unless you are a fan of bratty lolis. Which is alright I mean I'm not here to criticize anybody's personal preferences but there is something to be said about designing a character for a grabby waifu fanbase who looks and acts like a spoiled 10 year old trying too hard to be trendy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom