• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Official Aerospray Thread

Which Aerospray is your favorite?

• Aerospray MG!

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Aerospray RG!

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Aerospray PG!

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I like them all.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • I loathe them all.

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I kinda main RG. I don't like the others too much.
Though, I wish the sub was something more ranged than an ink mine. I want the special to stay inkstrike.

I don't know why everyone talks badly about RG though, aren't they all the same guns with different sub and specials?

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
Though, I wish the sub was something more ranged than an ink mine. I want the special to stay inkstrike.

I don't know why everyone talks badly about RG though, aren't they all the same guns with different sub and specials?
True, I enjoy the RG and PG myself. :)

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
True, I enjoy the RG and PG myself. :)
To be fair it may be the fact that so many people use the RG that makes it considerably a "bad" weapon? I don't know, but usually with overused weapons and gear, people get sick of them easier. That seems to be the case with Aerospray RG, because I really don't think it's a cheap weapon or a bad weapon. Again, I could be just biased because it's my main, but I just like how much turf it covers and to be fair I kinda maxed out the points that can display under "turf inked" with it.

I still need to play with the PG more, maybe i'll do that tomorrow to test it out.

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
To be fair it may be the fact that so many people use the RG that makes it considerably a "bad" weapon? I don't know, but usually with overused weapons and gear, people get sick of them easier. That seems to be the case with Aerospray RG, because I really don't think it's a cheap weapon or a bad weapon. Again, I could be just biased because it's my main, but I just like how much turf it covers and to be fair I kinda maxed out the points that can display under "turf inked" with it.

I still need to play with the PG more, maybe i'll do that tomorrow to test it out.
I agree completely. :) Used to be my main...

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233

I know! The RG is my baby :) ;) I love it

Since this is about the Aerospray, I'll put it here.
On Sunday, I was on Saltspray Rig and near the back of the stage. There was someone super jumping to the raised part of it, just before the back area. I took a chance and set an Ink Mine at their super jump point.Then I went off to the side and waited. Best splat ever.

I try to use the Ink Mines more, but people are catching on or something, cause they tend to be just out of the range. .-.
I'll definitely try out the PG again, perhaps I'll do better.

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo

On Sunday, I was on Saltspray Rig and near the back of the stage. There was someone super jumping to the raised part of it, just before the back area. I took a chance and set an Ink Mine at their super jump point.Then I went off to the side and waited. Best splat ever.

I try to use the Ink Mines more, but people are catching on or something, cause they tend to be just out of the range. .-.
Yes, the ink mines are pretty much essential, once I noticed a roller right behind me and placed one as I kept running...one of the best splats I've had. ;)

Aori

Don't get Cooked!

I tried the PG just a bit ago and it felt so weird without the inkstrikes. I am so reliant on the inkstrikes and it's pretty important to my strategy. Also that's a good strategy with the Ink mine! I'll keep that in mind for the next match I do.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
sniff sniff...

did somebody say AEROSPRAY??

The Aero RG is unpopular amongst the more experienced crowd because other weapons do what it can do but only better. Inkbrush inks faster than the Aero while having the same-ish ttk, making the inkbrush the better choice if you want to do inking and only inking.
There's also the important issue of having to keep your ink from being inked back over- RG doesn't have the tools nor range to pressure opponents from it's territory, as you further go up ranks you'll find that people can easily dodge inkmines and get right back to chasing you down. MG can use it's charging speed to get Inkzooka super quick to make up for it's lack of range, while PG can soften enemies up with burst bombs and it has kraken to boot. Taking another weapon entirely, Heavies for instance cannot ink as fast as the Aero does but they can pressure enemies from taking their ink with their impressive range and firepower which is incredibly valuable.

I'm not going to say to stop playing Aero RG, it's just something to keep in mind. What i am going to say is to keep experimenting with other weapons, that's always useful!

SuperLuigi231

Senior Squid
NNID
Angry_Bird_231
I was using the PG until recently. I used to hate Inkzookas, but I got over it, and picked up the MG. I really like the ranged sub/special combo. The sub especially is good because you can hit far-away foes, and follow in the ink trail to get places quickly.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Sweet aerospray thread guys =p
Allow me to fill it with my wisdom(HAH) and horrendous garlic breath.

Yeah, its pretty much dislike of the kit. Genereally speaking(well, probably more A-S ranks. I only see lower ranks in ranked when I rarely get to pair with one of my B or lower ranked buds) a lot of people just don't use/like the aerospray, as they feel it gets outclassed by other weapons that preform a similar function(mainly inkbrushes, to which I think so too on some maps).

Add a main weapon many don't care for with a sub most people don't bother with and a special uncommonly seen outside of splat zones: You have a prime "meh" candidate.

Obviously(in my opinion) the sub and special are just fine(especially after that ink mine buff) and many probably just haven't given either much more thought outside an initial trial period.
Inkbrush inks faster than the Aero while having the same-ish ttk, making the inkbrush the better choice if you want to do inking and only inking.
Yes, yes and kinda. The ink brush slightly outclasses the aero(I think, I have never done any serious testing. take your recommended daily dose of salt before considering this opinion) in Time To Kill and floor coverage.

With the exception of falling while swinging ata wall, inking up walls with an inkbrush seems the splatoon equivalent of dropping the soap in prison, you better make sure no one notices you. The higher the wall, the more times that soap slips out of your grasp.
While still having limited range, the aerospray is a much quicker experience: like having a wrist strap attached to the soap.

So, as far as the main weapon, you trade floor coverage for wall coverage, and inkbrush zoom ability for not having to repair your gamepad's ZR button every month.(aka automatic fire... oh and also, I think aerospray is more ink efficient)

I enjoy playing with either main weapon: I am pretty torn between the seeker-sneak/zooka-spam of the MG and the zoom zoom sniper-harrasment and flank master permanent inkbrush.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Yeah, its pretty much dislike of the kit. Genereally speaking(well, probably more A-S ranks. I only see lower ranks in ranked when I rarely get to pair with one of my B or lower ranked buds) a lot of people just don't use/like the aerospray, as they feel it gets outclassed by other weapons that preform a similar function(mainly inkbrushes, to which I think so too on some maps).

Add a main weapon many don't care for with a sub most people don't bother with and a special uncommonly seen outside of splat zones: You have a prime "meh" candidate.

Obviously(in my opinion) the sub and special are just fine(especially after that ink mine buff) and many probably just haven't given either much more thought outside an initial trial period.
It just feels like a more casual weapon for me. I rarely play ranked or competitive and usually when I do I use more offensive based weapons, but I guess the Aerospray RG just feels incredibly comfortable for me when I'm just focusing on inking. I don't really like constantly pressing the button for inkbrush or the charging for splatlings and I generally stick with short to medium range shooters.

So in the end I guess the Aerospray just falls into that category. I do try out other weapons but I always end up going back to the Aerospray RG.
That's just how I feel about it as a non-competitive player.

Quibblingsun86

Full Squid
NNID
Quibblingsun86
Time to share my advice for the aerospray RG:
1.use ninja squid. I know it might sound weird but that's what I've been finding most useful. It allows easy splats and sneak attacks.
2. Ink recovery is extremely useful cause the aerospray uses ink up fast.
3.some swim speed up will go hand in hand with the ninja squid
4.l think this maybe common knowledge, but you can use ink mines as a final revenge tactic by placing them right before you get splatted.
5.inkstrike as often as possible. On smaller maps, use it to push the enemy team back.

hope these are useful to any aerospray RG users!

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Yep, whenever I use the brushes and want to give my finger or the button a rest, I switch over to the aerosprays automatic inkbrushes! xP

Maybe it's just my faulty perception, but I do feel they have a slightly better ink efficiency when compared to any of the brushes. Would like to see a chart to confirm or counter that.

But I mainly just use them in Turf War, though a few times I have used them in rank out of curiosity or accident and done moderately well by playing "hide and ink." Meaning: avoid confrontations, melee if I have to, ink and re-ink everything in existence. My team could lurk and move wherever they please, the other team has to bother with re-inking paths and being easily tracked while doing it.

Still trying to figure out how to use the blasted PG though. In spite of the kit it still feels like a defensive or guard weapon rather than an offensive or pressuring one.

The Wizard

Inkling
Although I don't use it as much recently I prefer the MG over the other two. The seeker/inkzooka combo help it over come it's lacking range. When the PG first came out I thought it was awesome but quickly learned how gimped the kraken is now. It's so easy to stop an oncoming kraken now that when I see someone change I hunt them down for an easy kill. With the RG inkstrike is great but mines are to easy to dodge for a player with any reaction time. While the seeker is easy to dodge it is very useful as a tool to get where you are going. I've made many a splay following the seeker close and hiding in its explosion to take out the first person that comes close enough. Either that or follow it close for a quick attack when it inevitably misses its target. It's also useful if you are being pressured to beat a hasty retreat, pull out your inkzooka and turn the tide of the fight in your favor. However, as with anything the type of aerospray is dependent on your play style. I play extremely aggressive. I get up on your face fast and if I get splatted I'm back pretty fast so the MG suits my play style. Im the end he gun I use depends on how people online are playing so I always feel it out for a few matches and then choose the weapon to use for a while.

~The Wizard

chrisbg99

Inkster Jr.
NNID
chrisbg99
I am extremely efficient with my use of the RG and am extremely aggressive in its use to both attack/gain territory and take people out. I use ink mines mostly to throw off pursuers and to get after splat revenge if at possible. And I love flicking inkstrike to the other side of the map disrupting what my opponents are doing. Also can be great cover for an attack deep with enemy territory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom