• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

oL - Octarian Legion Squad Thread

swifT

Octarian Legion Founder | Luna is my Daughter
NNID
swiftea

What is oL?

Octarian Legion is a competitive Splatoon squad. We are aiming to be top level competitors, and stake our claim as one of the best teams in competitive Splatoon as time continues on. Of course skill and success will not come right out of the gate. That is why we will be working hard to better ourselves as a team, and as players.

Why Join?

I'm sure most people who enter this topic will quickly leave or ignore it. So real quick here are reasons to consider trying out for oL. If you are looking for a team that wants to compete at the competitive esports level oL is your place. We are going to work at it and aim to be the best. We'll provide an excellent environment for you to cultivate your competitive nature.

Who is oL swifT?
Well for starters I am the founder of Octarian Legion, and the Captain of the team I have experience in competitive gaming having played on several teams in the past. I am also remaining in the competitive fgc(primarily anime fighters) and the smash brothers scene. I am currently a college student, but I find that I will have the time and ability to run the team. If the case ever changes I would have no problems stepping down as oL's Captain.

So why dip into Splatoon? Easy, I see this games competitive potential and hope to be apart of it. A new game is a new chance to step on to the scene early, and make a presence for yourself from the very beginning. I love Splatoon, and want to see the competitive scene flourish. Whether this team takes off or I have to join another. I wish to be apart of the scene. I hope that I find others who feel the same.

Also its pronounced swifT (swif-Tea)
What oL Expects From Members

Octarian Legion has the standard expectations that any competitive team would. As the founder and captain of oL I look to my fellow members to be respectful not only to one another, but other teams. Thought we may be the Octarian Legion we by no means are looking to be horrible people in our community.

Aside from general respect it is also expected that members dedicate the necessary amount of time to the team. We will aim to scrim regularly on Fridays and weekends, as well as have meetings on theory crafting, and anything else we find necessary.

While weapons specialization is not unexpected it is important that oL members are proficient in as many weapons as possible to make for optimal composition creation, and forming strategies.

Regarding Anger/Salt

Losses are expected, but raging and pointing fingers are not to be tolerated. We play as a team therefore we lose as a team. In order to be successful we must look past losses and aspire to do better next time. Losses are a great way to learn what we as a team need to do batter, and improve upon.

During friendly play where we are clearly joking and enjoying ourselves raging/saltiness is fine to a certain point.

Requirements for Joining
  • Skype - Currently our main way to communicating
  • 18 years of age or older
  • Willing to DEDICATE the necessary time to be apart of the team
  • Weapon proficiency - Able to play multiple weapons at a high level.
  • Plays Motion Controls
  • Ranked S-S+
  • Able to play 9:30 EST - 11:30 EST
Interested in Joining? Fill out the information below.
Please make a post in this thread or message me the following information if you are applying for Octarian Legion
  • NNID and Squidboards ID
  • What you Consider your strongest weapon?
  • Streaming capabilities (Yes I am able/No I am not able)
  • What controls you use. (Motion vs Standard)

Octarian Legion Roster

oL swifT | @swifT – Captain

oL Legend | @Legend28469

oL Joy | @Joy

oL Locke | @LockeExile

oL Chilly | @Chillyote

oL Rhode | @Rhode

oL Jugglec | @Jugglec

oL Flop | @FloppyChode

oL AJ | @shiyongyi

Last edited:

swifT

NNID
swiftea
Within the next few days I will be running through those who are interested in joining and form both rosters. If an EU Captain is found before the EU team is complete I reserve the right to pass the recruitment process over to them.

Legend28469

Inkling
NNID
Legend28469
NNID and Squidboards ID - Legend28469 (both)

Age - 23

Time Zone - EST (Toronto)

NA/EU - NA

Skype - Legend28469

Rank - A+

What you consider your strongest weapon - E-Liter 3k (Scoped)

Streaming Capability? - Yes I am able/No I am not able. - Can't stream, can record

What controls you use? Gyro vs Standard. - Gyro

Applying for Main Team or as a Substitute? - Main

Wanna be a Captain/Co Captain? Include the info below with your form. - No thanks

Experience in competitive gaming? - Little

Why you think you're a suitable captain/co captain? - I don't

After filling this out I will add you on skype, and we will organize a time to play a few games. These games can be consider a trial period where we will simply play a few rounds, and chat about expectations/suggestions. After which I shall let you know whether or not you will be on the team. If you dont make the main team, but are still interested consider being a substitute.

About Substitutes

Substitutes for oL will be expected to be available for practices. They will need to practice and play as much as the main members. They will be held to all the same expectations. Subs must be available whenever oL enters a tournament in case they must be called upon for an emergency situation, or they are better suited for the match.

The Streaming Question

The reason for asking your region is to know whether you will be placed on oL NA or oL EU. The question about streaming is in regards to scrims, and tournaments in general. We will need to be able to analyze our matches so having at least one person per team would be appreciated so that we can look back on our past games.

ishpuppy

Inkling
NNID and Squidboards ID: Ishpuppy

Time Zone: EST

NA/EU: NA

What you consider your strongest weapon: Tentatek Splattershot

Streaming Capability?: No I am not able.

What controls you use?: Gyro

Applying for Main Team or as a Substitute?: Main

[ Fill out the below as necessary. ]

Wanna be a Captain/Co Captain? Include the info below with your form.: no

Experience in competitive gaming? i played a lot of competitive awesomenauts, Smash4, and Magic: the Gathering

Why you think you're a suitable captain/co captain?: i dont

After filling this out I will add you on skype, and we will organize a time to play a few games. These games can be consider a trial period where we will simply play a few rounds, and chat about expectations/suggestions. After which I shall let you know whether or not you will be on the team. If you dont make the main team, but are still interested consider being a substitute.

About Substitutes

Substitutes for oL will be expected to be available for practices. They will need to practice and play as much as the main members. They will be held to all the same expectations. Subs must be available whenever oL enters a tournament in case they must be called upon for an emergency situation, or they are better suited for the match.

The Streaming Question

The reason for asking your region is to know whether you will be placed on oL NA or oL EU. The question about streaming is in regards to scrims, and tournaments in general. We will need to be able to analyze our matches so having at least one person per team would be appreciated so that we can look back on our past games.

swifT

NNID
swiftea
Pleased to welcome @Legend28469 to the team he will be serving as the dedicated charger for Octarian Legion NA.

Kaplosion

Inkling
NNID
Kaplosion
NNID and Squidboards ID: Kaplosion

Time Zone: EST

NA/EU: NA

What you consider your strongest weapon - Luna Blaster

Streaming Capability? - No I am not able.

What controls you use? - Gyro

Applying for Main Team or as a Substitute? - Main

Experience in competitive gaming? - Smash 4, Chivalry Medieval Warfare

swifT

NNID
swiftea
Now that splatfest is done can get back to recruiting. Really in need of EU players!!! Especially a dedicated charger for EU.

Jeremyx7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeremyx7
Hey swift, if you ever need a back up charger to fill a spot let me know and if I'm available as well as not to busy managing my own team I will help out.

-P.S. really fun and competitive games tonight! xD

swifT

NNID
swiftea
Hey swift, if you ever need a back up charger to fill a spot let me know and if I'm available as well as not to busy managing my own team I will help out.

-P.S. really fun and competitive games tonight! xD
Thanks. I'll be sure to take note of your offer. You may have me confused for someone else though? Unless we played at some point during todays splatfest.

Jeremyx7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeremyx7
Thanks. I'll be sure to take note of your offer. You may have me confused for someone else though? Unless we played at some point during todays splatfest.
wait, am I not on your friends roster? Maybe you're not the swift I'm looking for?! My nnid is the same as here. Did we not play many private matches earlier tonight? If not then I apologize. >_<

swifT

NNID
swiftea
wait, am I not on your friends roster? Maybe you're not the swift I'm looking for?! My nnid is the same as here. Did we not play many private matches earlier tonight? If not then I apologize. >_<
Yeah I'm afraid you've got the wrong person. No big deal man easy mistake haha.

swifT

NNID
swiftea
Happy to welcome @Joy to team Octarian Legion.

That makes 3 on the NA team leaving one more open space. I've played games with several a number of others looking to join, and thers a few more. So if you want a chance to try out please don't hesitate to message me or post here. Just please be familiar with the rules and regulations of the group.

swifT

NNID
swiftea
Pleased to add @Katastrphik to the Octarian Legion NA roster. That fills out the last of the team, and now will be accepting substitutes.

The final roster is as follows

@Legend28469
@Joy
@Katastrphik

and myself. Thank you to everyone else who applied and tried out for the team, and we are still in need of EU players!

Lil_Gonz

Inkling
NNID
Macho21798
I would like to apply as a substitute for the Octarian legion if possible but I'm a little hesitant because I'll be busy with work, school, and sports. Not sure what to do.

swifT

NNID
swiftea
I would like to apply as a substitute for the Octarian legion if possible but I'm a little hesitant because I'll be busy with work, school, and sports. Not sure what to do.
Please dont apply if you dont feel like you can dedicate necessary time. A lot of being a sub comes with needing to be available on the spot, or if the team knows it will be down X players before a tournament or scrims.

swifT

NNID
swiftea
Sorry to announce the loss of our EU team, but we will now be shifting focus to building another sister team

Octarian Legion 2

We are also in need of a new roller player and the recquirements above

Slothninja19

Inkling
NNID
Slothninja19
NNID: Slothninja19
Squidboards ID Slothninja

Time Zone: (Los Angelos, Pacific)

NA

Weapon(s): Tentatek Splattershot, Hero Roller Replica

Streaming Capability: Yes I am able

What controls you use: Gyro

Applying for Main Team or as a Substitute: Main Team

If interested, let's talk on skype and play a few battles

swifT

NNID
swiftea
NNID: Slothninja19
Squidboards ID Slothninja

Time Zone: (Los Angelos, Pacific)

NA

Weapon(s): Tentatek Splattershot, Hero Roller Replica

Streaming Capability: Yes I am able

What controls you use: Gyro

Applying for Main Team or as a Substitute: Main Team

If interested, let's talk on skype and play a few battles
Thanks for your interest! I will add you on skype later today. Currently we are preparing for Booyah Battle 2 So I cannot say if we will be able to havea tryout for you this week, but if not this week then early next week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom