• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Older squids?

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
I don't know why they are hating splatoon 1, (by making a second one ) But I hope that this means that we will be able to pick what age group our squids can be in, I want to be a teen, that can do anything! I don't want to be a kid, nor be like anyone else. I want to have a story unlike anyone who has ever played this game, but if someone can; Please recommend this to the people who are making this game before it releases in summer!

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Now i want this to happen only because i really want to fight in a team full of elderly senile squids

Seriously tho, i think this'll probably cause problems with the hitboxes, what with the older squidkids(squidmen?) being taller

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
Now i want this to happen only because i really want to fight in a team full of elderly senile squids

Seriously tho, i think this'll probably cause problems with the hitboxes, what with the older squidkids(squidmen?) being taller
That's true, something would have to exist to balance this so maybe it's not the best time to think about different sizes inklings. Going a bit further, inkling size would matter on builds like gears today.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
This brings me back to a question I had a while back.
Are we the same unsung Agent 3 as before?

If so we would be older... We aren't 100% sure how inklings age, do they get taller. I don't think they made any older squids in splatoon... Well only Cuddlefish.. but I'm not sure he is an inkling.... It's a tough call. Would I like older squids? Sure.
Will I cancell my preorder over it? No

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86

If so we would be older... We aren't 100% sure how inklings age, do they get taller. I don't think they made any older squids in splatoon... Well only Cuddlefish.. but I'm not sure he is an inkling.... It's a tough call. Would I like older squids? Sure.
What we had at that time was an idea that Inklings above 14 years old had full control of their "kid form", I presume now they all have 16 old?

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
The squids are already teenagers in Splatoon 1, being about 14 years old. Since Splatoon 2, the game takes place 2 years after the first game, but they have already confirmed that we will be playing as a new batch of squids, who are also around the age of 14. So sorry to say, no new body types for the new squids.

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/splat...s-mobile-app-usage-graphics-hd-rumble-more/3/
Cool, didn't know it was a batch of new squids, so all we know is that they too are 14+ old right?

Edit: Just found, the new ones are 14 years old:
The protagonist Inklings were around 14 years old in the first game, so now they’d be around 16…
The previous playable Inklings would be around 16 now, so the new 14 year old Inklings will step up to the plate. The playable Inklings will still be around 14.

Last edited:

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
The protagonist Inklings were around 14 years old in the first game, so now they’d be around 16…
The new batch being 14, fallows Anime Logic you can have all kinds of wild adventures before you are 20. After 20 fun gets limited.
Age doesn't matter to me... Hoping for more Anime themed gear, hell if they get Adidas or someone to pay for DLC for us I'd be okay with that (like that Mario Kart Marcadies DLC)

But I digress.... we have the answer. Kid squids. No teen squids.

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
The new batch being 14, fallows Anime Logic you can have all kinds of wild adventures before you are 20. After 20 fun gets limited.
Age doesn't matter to me... Hoping for more Anime themed gear, hell if they get Adidas or someone to pay for DLC for us I'd be okay with that (like that Mario Kart Marcadies DLC)

But I digress.... we have the answer. Kid squids. No teen squids.
True, japanese game culture normally points adventures and fun until 20, young, powerful and full of possibilities. After that, your salaryman life starts and follow until you retire, so not that much fun. Even in mainstream shonen anime, adults are powerful but have limited growth.

Adidas DLC would be great, Vaporwave community and its ramifications would have fun with this! :D

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
ReeSquidGig said:
But I hope that this means that we will be able to pick what age group our squids can be in
I can just imagine all sorts of middle-aged squids pretending to still be teenage squidkids if this was a thing.

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
The idea of older squids reminds me a bit of Digimon when the 1st gen digi-destined got older and became "mentors to the newer, younger Digital world travelers. I can see this approach applied to splatoon 2 as well, but in a more limited aspect as the squids who do turf war are the players, and so not much has changed from that standpoint, but obviously the Squid Sisters will be a little older and more mature in some of their comments on stage selection.

Mystrite

Full Squid
NNID
toffee_too_too

He's an inkling.

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
I think tf they make elders, that they would look like captain cuttlefish. (that's his name right?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom