• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

One-off RP Thread (1v1s and Oneshots)

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Welcome to the One-off RP thread! [1x1 and One-shot RPs]

Though the main attraction of this part of the RP section is definitely the more advanced role play games, there is a lot of opportunity for RP outside of these!

This thread is here for that: One-off RPs. I’m just using this term to encompass any roleplays that are private and are typically open to only one or two specific players. So 1x1 RPs, and One-shot prompt RPs, if that’s clearer. These RPs are perfect for developing characters, just having interactions between two or three different characters, or just having fun!

Now, the idea is not to RP in this thread, but to find people you can RP with in private, through Squidboard’s PM, another chat client, or a document sharing site. Careful; don’t put your private information in a post below, but mention how you can RP and work out the details later.

In addition, suggest ideas and prompts to start these RPs; sometimes it’s hard to think of how to get random people to interact! I’ll keep a list of general prompts suggested below for easy reference, too. I may or may not add prompts that are super specific to certain characters, but feel free to throw those ideas out anyway. (I'll just note what the situation is.)

If you’ve got an RP you’ve done with someone that you want to share, this is also the place to compile it and let other people read it. Let me reiterate: No post-by-post RPing here, but complete, tidied-up RPs for sharing are more than welcome here!

Re-cap. Here you can:
  • Throw out 1-off RP prompts and ideas
  • Seek other people interested in RPing
  • Share & compile 1-off RPs you’ve done
  • Discussion and comment about one-offs in general
With all that said, seek out other people interested and start RPing!
[If you want, feel free to mark that you're "seeking" an RP by starting your post off with a :seeker: Seeker emoticon, to make it easier for people to find.
EDIT: Consider a Seeker post to show availability for about 2 weeks, for those seeking and sending seekers.]

Here’s the list of prompts to start people off!
  • The Classic: a Turf War (Let each other decided different aspects of the battle; like what stage it is and what weapons your team has, what they're doing during the battle)
  • Reconnaissance-ing a stage at the same time
  • Meeting in a Booyah Base store (Trying to grab the same piece of gear/ trying to talk to the same clerk)
  • Choosing Splatfest teams (One person can't decide/ opposite teams, trying to convince one another to join.)
  • Octo Valley Hero Mode cooperative (characters as Agents "3" and "4")
  • Inkling & Octoling character conversation
  • Characters find and discuss a sunken sea scroll (For instance: Great Turf War, Inkopolis fashion show, Octarian dome electricity, etc. Here is a list of all the Scrolls for easy viewing. Spoilers!!)
  • Riding the Ferris Wheel
  • Newbie ink battlers waiting in line for their battle IDs
  • Characters are stuck in a lobby because of rotation change
  • Both ducking under an awning--rain in Inkopolis
  • Squid Party!!
  • Meeting after an ink battle after "noticing" each other (literally colliding into each other, stopping in front of each other as a match ends, won a 3v4 match)
  • Dancing in Plaza during Splatfest
  • Discussing the meaning/existence of the Amiibo box
  • Both waving to Squid Sisters/Arguing which Squid Sister is best
  • Battle Dojo trainer trying to involve an interested newbie/onlooker
  • Using the Battle Dojo 1v1 to settle a bet
  • Love potion => makes other person accidentally fall in love
  • Discussing theories/opinions about the Agents
  • Meeting in Arcade (what's your favorite game? DDR-off)
  • Octotrooper vehicle racing
  • Judd's secret party
  • Ghost hunting in Bluefin Depot
Alternate Universes (AUs):
  • Anime of choice
  • Secret Spy organization
Generic Mini Scenario Generator

Last edited:

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Octo Valley cooperative?
Perhaps two Inkling take on the Octarians
Or maybe a 1v1 between an Inkling and an Octoling
(Edit)
Got another one, Ferris Wheel Ride.
You see that ferris wheel at Inkopolis, yeah that one.
It could make for some awkward conversations between people, or you could go 'N' style and talk about some deep stuff to another person. It's also able to be a background scene.
I also just realized a purpose for these 1x1 RPs you could flesh out the story and personality of a character :o and you can develop short stories between two OCs.
I didn't want to post again so I just edited it in, I also wanted to get it out of my head.

Last edited:

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
:seeker:
*uses a seeker with a sign attached to it saying "Roleplay with me"*
Seekers are the best way to get the message through!
*seeker explodes*
...maybe I should use a more permanent method. XD

if only i had an idea for a prompt
...if only...

Last edited:

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Two newbies are waiting in line to get their battle ID but the line is super long and there's nothing to do but talk.

theres a scenario

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Thanks for the ideas! I added them to the list, along with some more things I thought up. Man, do I appreciate it!

*uses a seeker with a sign attached to it saying "Roleplay with me"*
Seekers are the best way to get the message through!
*seeker explodes*
Yooo, whether that was intentional or not, that's kind of a good idea???
People "seeking" role-plays can put a :seeker: Seeker emoticon at the top of their post, maybe to make it easier to look for RP partners if they don't want to sift though story ideas.
Would anyone else do that? 'Cause I thought that was kind of adorable.

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
@Aykorn that was entirely unintentional. XD
I seem to be good at making unintentional ideas/headcanons. I mean, I gave someone in a story a crush on another without even realising it! :o

Ideas: literally bumping into each other during a battle (and deciding to meet up after), and a squid party (either during a battle or just in the plaza).

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
@Aykorn that was entirely unintentional. XD
I seem to be good at making unintentional ideas/headcanons. I mean, I gave someone in a story a crush on another without even realising it! :scared:

Ideas: literally bumping into each other during a battle (and deciding to meet up after), and a squid party (either during a battle or just in the plaza).
I love the squid party idea, but I'm confused about the first idea. You mean like, literally colliding with each other?? A turf war is the first idea on the list.

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
@Aykorn dunno, the bumping into each other thing was just a random idea I just thought of then XD and yes I mean literally colliding with each other. You dont have to add it if ya dont want to

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
@VeryButter Ehh, we can weed out ideas later. There's enough wiggle room for now.

Anyways, thanks!

Edit: Yup, I can work with that. Added some things, too, I guess?

Last edited:

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Idea: It is Splatfest and everyone is dancing. 2 Inklings bump into each other and start talking about interests and stuff, but they both have different Splatfest teams, so that causes problems.

Probably the worst idea so far, but I guess it might have been worth it.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Idea: It is Splatfest and everyone is dancing. 2 Inklings bump into each other and start talking about interests and stuff, but they both have different Splatfest teams, so that causes problems.

Probably the worst idea so far, but I guess it might have been worth it.
Nah, sounds good to me. If anything, I'll just take ideas and work them until they do work.

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
Two Inklings or whatever race, are in a gear shop, they both try to grab the same piece of gear at the same time. They then discuss there interests and whatever else after. Just gonna throw that out there!

Rustic

Inkling Commander
I got three more

Battle Dojo viewers or are they trainer and trainee?

Discussing the Amiibo box (Like why is it there? Can other people see it?)

(Heated?) Argument between who is best Squid Sister?

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
:seeker: I'm seeking RPs, yo!
Haha, I made this thread, I should put this up eventually to make it clear.
I'm totally up for private RPs 'cause I want to test run a bunch of characters, quite a few of which I haven't posted anywhere so I can introduce them formally in my fanfic. I'm available through PM, Skype or Google Docs.

@Rustic & @Right Whale
Hey, thanks! There's starting to be quite the list! Man, I totally forgot the Battle Dojo, I'm sure a bunch of ideas can come from that.
Also, I hope it's okay I included the "gear grab" scenario in an earlier listed idea since they were similar.

While I'm at it, what are the ways you'd like to try Rping? What chat method, paragraph or dialogue form, having character sheets to start or have characters meet each other?

BlueDogXL

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CarawiiU
Le Seeky exploded on Aykorn.
Which means I'm not up for a new One-off.
:bombrushseeker: Seeky One-off-finding rush! :p

Last edited:

BlueDogXL

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CarawiiU
I got a new idea!
An Inkling accidentally drinks a love potion and fall for someone else.
(Random scenario)

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
@Rustic or anyone else: Aha, against my better judgment and time management, I am literally always up for a private RP.

One another note, is the name of the thread okay or should I change it to something more "standard" like One-shot or 1x1 RP?

Also, forgot to mention this earlier, @BlueDogXL, I added your idea to the list.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
:bombrushseeker::bombrushseeker: Seeky seeky, lemon seeky? (I'm sorry I got nothing)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom