• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

One-person winner tournament idea

Lightzeaka

Full Squid
NNID
Lightzeaka
Possible way to run tournaments already?

So as it stands, dedicated teams aren't allowed yet. But we can still join each others games. So, after a few rounds, we CAN get a room with 8 selected people in it. 7 other people just all have to be friends with one other person, and we can get a dedicated room. From here, we can run little tourneys.

The format I'm proposing would eventually leave one individual winner. This is how it would work.

Since the teams shuffle, there wouldn't be dedicated teams. After every win, each player on that team would be allocated a point. Then, the same thing repeats. After a single person gets to 10 points (or another value decided on), that's your winner, and the next best player(s) are second, so on and so forth.

In the event two players hit 10 points at the same time, the event will continue until someone gets to the highest value above 10.

Downfalls:
1. No dedicated teams, so it's possible the best players could still lose.
2. Team balance will be messed up. Most teams I would imagine want just one roller and one charger, no more or less, right? The team shuffling 3would give one team two chargers and two rollers - pretty easily overtaken by four shooters.
3. Would take quite a while to conclude.
4. Only 8 participants allowed. We could do a top 4 mode where the top 4 from several different groups of 8 keep going up a bracket.
5. Could take a while to get other random players weeded out of a room. The quickest way I could imagine this working would be to have all of the team players focus on making the stranger lose, even when that means having teammates during turf war encouraging a loss for themselves. Eventually the stranger would get frustrated an just leave, I would imagine.

Just an idea I had that I think would be a fun release to play. Works for both turf wars and splat zones. Looking for ideas to improve it.

Chiiab

Shy person
NNID
Chiiab
I think just waiting for the dedicated team to be allowed is the best idea but if you think it could work and can find people that want to try it go ahead and tell us how well it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom