• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Other games you're looking at for Switch?

Amarae

Splatoon subreddit & discord Mod
Community Ambassador
NNID
Amiithystine
Switch Friend Code
SW-5344-8655-6309
So we're all excited for Splatoon 2 on the Switch but that's not comin out for like, months right? I imagine however a lot of us are already going to have a Switch by then so my question is:

What game(s) is/are selling you the Switch?

For me, I might be picking up what is obviously the flagship title and console seller BotW but it wouldn't be at launch. My other biggest interest on the console though, Disgaea 5 Complete. Doesn't come out til the end of May unfortunately, but I've long wanted to play more than the first two entries of DIsgaea but have never had the opportunity to get a Playstation 3 or 4.

One top contender, ARMS. Looks like a ton of fun and might even pick up a competitive scene and well that's all there really is to say. I want to punch people as a robot girl.

Another title I'm watching has got to be Yooka-Laylee, or basically "Banjo Kazooie 3". I've played Banjo Kazooie before and I'm can't say I'm not interested in seeing tht genre of games return to the modern age with all of the lovely modern ammenities of good controls/cameras/graphics/audio. I don't know that Yooka-Laylee will be able to hold up to the Bear and Bird combo but I think Id' like to try.

And there are plenty of titles I'm interested in picking up if I get a switch, but not big enough to move me to getting the console on their own.

- Cave Story,
A game I've already beaten but enjoy
- Fire Emblem Warriors, Like Hyrule Warriors but FIre Emblem. Seems like it could be neat.
- Sonic Mania, Never much got into the older Sonic games but still curious.
- Mario Kart Deluxe, While not a fan of the price tag since I already own MK8 itself, I cannot deny my inklination towards playable Inklings and the battle mode.

If you need something to job your memory, here's the Wikipedia list of every game coming out for the Switch that we know of so far: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_Switch_games

Afrohawk

Inkling
NNID
Afrohawk
I'm really looking forward to number of platformers coming this year. Yooka-Laylee is going to be great, I'm very excited for A Hat in Time, and Super Mario Oddysey had me excited the second I saw Mario pop out of the manhole. That's going to be an amazing system seller come Holiday season.

As far as launch is concerned, naturally I'll be playing a ton of Zelda but I'm also looking forward to checking out the new DLC for Shovel Knight and Snipperclips. The former I can tell will be just as good as the previous two campaigns while the latter just looks charming. I'm really glad they decided to add a free demo and only charge $20 for it. It looks like a lot of fun and I'm hoping it's a hit. The idea of using the unique shape of the controller in a game is really smart and I hope to see more games like it.

Aside from that, I already have Sonic Mania preordered and can't wait for that and Project Sonic 2017. Mario Kart Deluxe will be a great revival for replaying that game again and I can't wait hear more about it. There's a few others like Dragon Question 9 & 10, Rayman Legends, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 but I'm waiting to hear more about that before I get hyped.

Can't wait! Should be a good year for the Switch.

SaltyCal

Full Squid
NNID
Jimbo21
Switch Friend Code
SW-2497-8552-1603
Fire Emblem warriors is definitely a big selling point for me. Breath of the Wild, I'm excited for, sure, but its also available on the WiiU. As far as Zelda: breath of the wild goes, there's no guarantee that the switch version will be better. I'm looking forward to being a boxing ninja in Arms.

Amarae

Community Ambassador
NNID
Amiithystine
Switch Friend Code
SW-5344-8655-6309
Fire Emblem warriors is definitely a big selling point for me. Breath of the Wild, I'm excited for, sure, but its also available on the WiiU. As far as Zelda: breath of the wild goes, there's no guarantee that the switch version will be better. I'm looking forward to being a boxing ninja in Arms.
There are actually comparison videos showing the differences in graphics and stuff. Notably, BotW Wii U 720/60 and the Switch is going to be 900/60. Plus the Wii U version has this ugly brown haze over everything.

SoulGuitarist

Inkling
Puyo Puyo Tetris all the way. Own the Japanese PS4 version and I can say it's a super legit game. Really good multiplayer/netcode and modes for casual and competitive play.

I'm worried it won't sell well outside of Japan but I hope people give it a shot and I look forward to supporting this version!

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
There are actually comparison videos showing the differences in graphics and stuff. Notably, BotW Wii U 720/60 and the Switch is going to be 900/60. Plus the Wii U version has this ugly brown haze over everything.
Uh...No, BOTW runs at 30fps, not 60.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Wait on both or just the Wii U? Perhaps I'm thinkig of a different game that runs 60.
Both run at 30. Though it's been reported the Switch version will stutter a bit when docked, but when in handheld mode, it runs just fine.

As for the Wii U version, I dunno. Chances are that it could either stutter or run smooth, but we'll see.

Amarae

Community Ambassador
NNID
Amiithystine
Switch Friend Code
SW-5344-8655-6309
Well RIP my information, but my point stands that graphically speaking at least, the Switch version is better.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Well RIP my information, but my point stands that graphically speaking at least, the Switch version is better.
Actually, the final build of the Wii U version is almost identical to the Switch now.

There's almost no difference aside from resolution and some fog. They really have polished it since E3.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I'm interested in BotW, Yooka-Laylee, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, the Fire Emblem game, and Splatoon 2. I might get Mario Odyssey. I think I'll also get Skyrim if the price is reasonable because it runs poorly on my computer.

There's almost no difference aside from resolution and some fog. They really have polished it since E3.
I've also heard that the WiiU has slightly slower load times and minor framerate drops when encountering large groups of enemies.

I doubt they're easily noticeable but that makes the Switch version just a little better.

Amarae

Community Ambassador
NNID
Amiithystine
Switch Friend Code
SW-5344-8655-6309
Hmm, might get BotW Wii U after all then.

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
Games that caught my attention for Switch (none released) and would make me buy it:
  • Splatoon 2
  • Ultra Street Fighter II (when in a low price)
  • Shin Megami Tensei (no info about it, but it's SMT anyway)
  • Dragon Quest XI (no info, but it's DQ)
Games released that interest me:
  • Bomberman R (even getting bad japanese reviews for its terrible lag)

Maave

Inkling Commander
Yooka Laylee - my roommate just ordered it for Switch
Cave Story - didn't even know there was a Switch port coming out
Metal Slug 3
Super Mario Odyssey
RIME - adventure/puzzle like Zelda, although I might be burned out after BotW and Yooka Laylee
Hollow Knight - fighty platformer

There's big list of games, with mostly to-be-announced release dates, on Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_Switch_games

Last edited:

Amarae

Community Ambassador
NNID
Amiithystine
Switch Friend Code
SW-5344-8655-6309
Yooka Laylee - my roommate just ordered it for Switch
Cave Story - didn't even know there was a Switch port coming out
Definitely interested in these myself, now that I think of it. CS+ is one of my favourite games but I haven't beaten the true ending yet. Yooka Laylee looks like a good successor to BanjoKazooie from what I've glimpsed so far as well.

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
Games that caught my attention for Switch (none released) and would make me buy it:
  • Splatoon 2
  • Ultra Street Fighter II (when in a low price)
  • Shin Megami Tensei (no info about it, but it's SMT anyway)
  • Dragon Quest XI (no info, but it's DQ)
Games released that interest me:
  • Bomberman R (even getting bad japanese reviews for its terrible lag)
DQ XI for Switch got cancelled, less one game :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom