• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

[PATCHED] New game-breaking glitch

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
I'm bringing awareness to a new glitch that's been discovered, possibly related to the Super Jump patches in the recent update. I never know if it's a good or bad idea to share glitches, but a glitch this bad should be patched soon.

Credit to reddit user paburohaiizo:
https://www.reddit.com/r/splatoon/comments/4rqn2h/information_on_the_new_squidgod_bugglitch/

"There have been a few posts on this new bug now, where you get killed by some invisible enemy and they appear to be ascending to heaven on the kill cam. So I did a little digging and decided to summarize what I've found!

The glitch has been popping up frequently since the latest update. Here's an example of what it looks like.

First off, this is NOT a hack - the match looks perfectly normal to the "glitched" person, other than the fact that nobody is noticing their existence.

How do you get glitched? You need to superjump right before you're about to hit water or somewhere out of bounds - example, example 2. Starting from the superjump animation, you're now invisible to both teammates and enemies. Your squid icon will be off the gamepad to teammates, like so. The kill cam looks "godlike" because you're stuck in superjump animation to everyone else. No shots will damage you, but apparently bombs can.

Here's a fun example of both teams managing to become invisible. This is highly exploitable and I expect it to be patched soon, so have fun with it while you can... in private battles only, please!"

EDIT: Deemanator's video on it

EDIT 2: This has been patched with update 2.10.0

Last edited:

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I'm either really lucky not to have run into that yet or really unlucky. On one hand, I had an uninterrupted four-hour Ranked Battle session this morning with no sudden shocks (I'd probably have panicked hugely if I encountered this exploit). On the other hand, after a good start to my session, I just grew increasingly tired and angry at the game and fell down from S 68 to S 18 at my worst, so perhaps it'd've been better if I'd been forced away from the Wii U...

Autumn

Inkling
I ran into this today. It was a player on my team and noticed them drifting out of bounds and so tried to superjump to them. Each time I would land in the middle of the map.

Thanks for the info that it is only a glitch.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Ok but i have a more legit question- can it actually happen in turf wars, because so far all i get (in private) is it refusing to jump and me dying. At least whatever this nonsense is is hard to execute so nobody can abuse it easily.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
I ran into this tonight, somebody on my team was doing it. Despite them being invisible, we still lost by a lot.

Quite annoying and I hope a fix is incoming

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Ok but i have a more legit question- can it actually happen in turf wars, because so far all i get (in private) is it refusing to jump and me dying. At least whatever this nonsense is is hard to execute so nobody can abuse it easily.
The glitch is possible in Turf War and every Ranked mode. At first, it actually is very hard to do. It can require some very precise timing to get into the right location but not actually completely fall off the stage. Once a player learns though, it becomes very easy to accomplish. Hopefully, it'll be difficult enough to convince people to give up before they learn it though.

My friends and I messed around with this glitch for a while in private battles only. The glitch is actually very fun to do around friends; we found fun for a good two hours just becoming ghost squids. :p It is definitely exploitable though and needs to be patched ASAP. We were able to do this glitch on every map except Moray Towers... And of course the obvious maps like Blackbelly Skatepark that doesn't have anywhere to fall off on.

It is very dangerous on Rainmaker. We did a Rainmaker match where I activated the glitch and grabbed the Rainmaker. Due to the glitch, the game couldn't register that I was on top of the map at all. So we didn't make any progress at all. My friends didn't even know where I was at all because I wasn't shooting but I was advancing towards the goal. The counter wouldn't go down though until I dunked it and it instantly slid all the way down. So it's particularly dangerous in Rainmaker that the Rainmaker can literally just walk to the goal and no one will ever know.

You can kill people who are in this glitch though. Bombs of all kinds, Killer Wails, and the Rainmaker all will kill the glitched squid. Krakens and Inkzookas cannot kill them but I'm not sure about Inkstrikes.

Recon can also help. Recon is glitchy with it too though. If you're wearing it, the glitched squid will sometimes be visible to you but other times not. My friends and I all used it. One match, I could see them perfectly clear but they couldn't see each other. The next match, I couldn't see any body. So it seems to work in showing them occasionally but not all the time.

This is a "godlike" Kraken because I thought it was about one of the funniest things we saw tonight. xD I may upload a video to YouTube soon.

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
Deemenator on youtube has a good example of it.

The killcam animation is sooo cool tho. I think it should be considered for future release as a special.

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
You can kill people who are in this glitch though. Bombs of all kinds, Killer Wails, and the Rainmaker all will kill the glitched squid. Krakens and Inkzookas cannot kill them but I'm not sure about Inkstrikes.
Sprinklers can kill them too, though good luck with that one.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Sprinklers can kill them too, though good luck with that one.
Oh yeah! xD I had actually forgot about that one. Thank you for reminding me. x3 My friend ended up dying by my Sprinkler and we couldn't stop laughing because of it. An Inkzooka can't kill a glitched squid but a teeny tiny Sprinkler can. Alrighty, game logic. xD

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Well this is interesting. Hopefully Nintendo patches this out soon.

lone

Inkster Jr.
NNID
loneotaku
Switch Friend Code
SW-1901-5583-6414
This is actually a pretty cool glitch, I especially the way the killcam looks on it. Kinda creepy, almost... I wanna try doing this with a friend.

Hopefully this gets fixed quickly before the next splatfest, because if not, we'll have a lot of invisible kids running around, which could lead to serious imbalance in results.

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
This is actually a pretty cool glitch, I especially the way the killcam looks on it. Kinda creepy, almost... I wanna try doing this with a friend.

Hopefully this gets fixed quickly before the next splatfest, because if not, we'll have a lot of invisible kids running around, which could lead to serious imbalance in results.
Definitely. If this is not fixed, there will be some serious issues.
I'll consider e-mailing Nintendo or something of the like. Anyone is welcome to help. :)

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
They could just ignore the voting and make the maps Port, Urchin, and Blackbelly. Though they'd have to have no other option, and they'd probably just delay the fest.
Speaking of the voting, I haven't received the email yet. Was I supposed to have?

lone

Inkster Jr.
NNID
loneotaku
Switch Friend Code
SW-1901-5583-6414
I'll consider e-mailing Nintendo or something of the like. Anyone is welcome to help. :)
I remember a while ago, there was a considerably dangerous exploit in Mario Maker that someone emailed a Nintendo employee who worked on the game about. I wonder if emailing a worker on Splatoon would help this along.... (Can't remember the reason why he didn't email Nintendo Support, I think its because they didn't take Mario Maker exclusive questions or something)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom