1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Splatoon 2 has released around the globe!

Join the Splatoon 2 hype and discussion!

people's opinions on weapons

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by kidsquid17, Aug 12, 2017.

1. kidsquid17

kidsquid17 Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Firefin
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-5267-5861-7211
    okay so i watch a lot of youtube videos on splatoon and read forums too and it seems like the weapon i spend the most time with is overpowered, i used to use the areospray but then that got boring and hated it after i stopped using it. and now i use the regular slosher and people are saying that's overpowered so i like i guess i don't want to use like easy weapons i want to use something that requires good technique but apparently the slosher doesn't require that. i also use the regular roller but i haven't seen too many people complain about that yet. i just don't want to have that what people call "noob weapon" okay sorry i don't even know if any of this makes sense.

2. Elecmaw

Elecmaw Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3466-8927-7969
    I don't think they're really talking about the regular slosher, they're talking about the tri-slosher. It outranges the .52 Gal by a hair, razor-sharp accuracy, no damage falloff in most scenario's and can turf ground pretty well. The real problem here is that it makes the .52 Gal obsolete, as it's a direct upgrade to it in every aspect.

DUDE did a video on it showcasing why it's so strong, have a watch:

3. Watermonster1

Watermonster1 Full Squid

NNID:
    Jayden
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-1083-9987-9105
    I thought you were talking about the splat brella XD

4. Lyn

Lyn Squid Savior From the Future
    Premium

Just use what is fun and/or works the best for you, don't limit yourself based on what others are saying.

Yayxiamon45, Silxer and the like this.
  5. RainbowOni

RainbowOni Inkster Jr.

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-6643-4364-0032
    In my philosophy, overpower weapons are just weapons that are easier to handle. While under power weapons are something you'll need to take to learn and use.

Most people call a weapon garbage if it doesn't give them instant results, which is a true shame because you're missing so much on what that weapon is capable of and how far you can push it to it's limits. You try some food that is a luxury and unique from your culture. You don't take the time to really let it melt in your mouth and taste the ingredients. You call it gross or nasty because it isn't what you're used to.

Yayxiamon45 and vanille987 like this.
  6. Elecmaw

Elecmaw Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3466-8927-7969
    The word you're probably looking for is learning curve, which isn't exclusive to something being game-breaking. A weapon can be overpowered and easy to use (Tri-Slosher) while a weapon can also be underpowered and hard to use (Goo Tuber).

Dessgeega likes this.
  7. RainbowOni

RainbowOni Inkster Jr.

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-6643-4364-0032
    Yes that's what I'm looking for, thank you

Elecmaw likes this.
  8. swamphox

swamphox Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    DawGnar
    Its pretty easily defeatable. I have an easy time with them with my dualies. For me the pain to deal with is the aerospray as I think it was given a significant distance boost.

9. Zelda4Prez

Zelda4Prez Inkling

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-6311-3966-8407
    I actually think dualies pair up as some of the best weapons against the tri-slosher just because of the roll. With the massive spread and lack of aiming needed for the tri-slosh the ability to roll your hitbox very fast out of the tri-slosher's wide range is extremely helpful. Other weapons like the .52 Gal do not have that same edge.

Overall though play what the heck makes you smile and have fun. Don't worry about what weapons people are calling noob weapons.

10. Agent Z

Agent Z Inkling Commander

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2700-4413-3630
    Tri-Sloshers are overpowered.

Bye.

11. Holidaze

Holidaze Semi-Pro Squid

NNID:
    dyngledong
    Use what's fun for you, even if people end up trashtalking you for using -insert weapon here-.

I've seen people trash talk the weapon I love to use and call it underwhelming or just bad, which would be the inkbrush, and then talk about weapons like the trislosher or another weapon I've heard getting a lot of praise for being buffed to the heavens, the octobrush. And how they are have overly bloated kits or just op, and because of that, I made it my sole purpose in ranked to target these weapons just to keep them out of the game, using an "inferior weapon."

Being petty works wonders in S+

the likes this.
  12. Nero86

Nero86 Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    nero86
    Don't mind about people's salt, if something's really overpowered the own game will nerf it with updates. See Dynamo Roller? Got a lot nerfed on Splatoon 1, they recognized all its power (yeah I used it on Splatoon 1, can't handle it on Splatoon 2).

Have fun, for your best.

13. kidsquid17

kidsquid17 Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Firefin
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-5267-5861-7211
    i agree they are overpowered but i don't see a lot of them for some reason.

i'm enjoying maining my regular roller the curling bomb is just too useful and one of my favorite sub weapons besides point sensor. for some reason i have a big respect for the vanilla versions of weapons like the slosher, roller, and splattershot

14. chubbypickle

chubbypickle Inkling Cadet

I've only had the game for 2 days so far but since i played splatoon 1 daily for 2 years it isn't taking long to get from c- to a+, i was a carbon roller and luna main before but right now i'm liking the longer range blaster there are just a ton of spots to keep distance so easily. My initial reaction is all the maps are so small that snipers are not nearly as relevant as in splatoon 1. It's like a free for all on these maps kills after kills ii'm hopeing when i get out of A class there is more organization. But for now it's like all guns can work the way the game is soo much chaos.

15. FGPackers

FGPackers Inkster Jr.

Expect wild things starting from S rank...

swamphox likes this.