• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

people's opinions on weapons

kidsquid17

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Firefin
Switch Friend Code
SW-5267-5861-7211
okay so i watch a lot of youtube videos on splatoon and read forums too and it seems like the weapon i spend the most time with is overpowered, i used to use the areospray but then that got boring and hated it after i stopped using it. and now i use the regular slosher and people are saying that's overpowered so i like i guess i don't want to use like easy weapons i want to use something that requires good technique but apparently the slosher doesn't require that. i also use the regular roller but i haven't seen too many people complain about that yet. i just don't want to have that what people call "noob weapon" okay sorry i don't even know if any of this makes sense.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I don't think they're really talking about the regular slosher, they're talking about the tri-slosher. It outranges the .52 Gal by a hair, razor-sharp accuracy, no damage falloff in most scenario's and can turf ground pretty well. The real problem here is that it makes the .52 Gal obsolete, as it's a direct upgrade to it in every aspect.

DUDE did a video on it showcasing why it's so strong, have a watch:

RainbowOni

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6643-4364-0032
In my philosophy, overpower weapons are just weapons that are easier to handle. While under power weapons are something you'll need to take to learn and use.

Most people call a weapon garbage if it doesn't give them instant results, which is a true shame because you're missing so much on what that weapon is capable of and how far you can push it to it's limits. You try some food that is a luxury and unique from your culture. You don't take the time to really let it melt in your mouth and taste the ingredients. You call it gross or nasty because it isn't what you're used to.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
In my philosophy, overpower weapons are just weapons that are easier to handle. While under power weapons are something you'll need to take to learn and use.

Most people call a weapon garbage if it doesn't give them instant results, which is a true shame because you're missing so much on what that weapon is capable of and how far you can push it to it's limits. You try some food that is a luxury and unique from your culture. You don't take the time to really let it melt in your mouth and taste the ingredients. You call it gross or nasty because it isn't what you're used to.
The word you're probably looking for is learning curve, which isn't exclusive to something being game-breaking. A weapon can be overpowered and easy to use (Tri-Slosher) while a weapon can also be underpowered and hard to use (Goo Tuber).

RainbowOni

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6643-4364-0032
The word you're probably looking for is learning curve, which isn't exclusive to something being game-breaking. A weapon can be overpowered and easy to use (Tri-Slosher) while a weapon can also be underpowered and hard to use (Goo Tuber).
Yes that's what I'm looking for, thank you

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
Its pretty easily defeatable. I have an easy time with them with my dualies. For me the pain to deal with is the aerospray as I think it was given a significant distance boost.

Zelda4Prez

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6311-3966-8407
Its pretty easily defeatable. I have an easy time with them with my dualies. For me the pain to deal with is the aerospray as I think it was given a significant distance boost.
I actually think dualies pair up as some of the best weapons against the tri-slosher just because of the roll. With the massive spread and lack of aiming needed for the tri-slosh the ability to roll your hitbox very fast out of the tri-slosher's wide range is extremely helpful. Other weapons like the .52 Gal do not have that same edge.

Overall though play what the heck makes you smile and have fun. Don't worry about what weapons people are calling noob weapons.

Holidaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
dyngledong
Use what's fun for you, even if people end up trashtalking you for using -insert weapon here-.

I've seen people trash talk the weapon I love to use and call it underwhelming or just bad, which would be the inkbrush, and then talk about weapons like the trislosher or another weapon I've heard getting a lot of praise for being buffed to the heavens, the octobrush. And how they are have overly bloated kits or just op, and because of that, I made it my sole purpose in ranked to target these weapons just to keep them out of the game, using an "inferior weapon."

Being petty works wonders in S+

Reactions: the

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
Don't mind about people's salt, if something's really overpowered the own game will nerf it with updates. See Dynamo Roller? Got a lot nerfed on Splatoon 1, they recognized all its power (yeah I used it on Splatoon 1, can't handle it on Splatoon 2).

Have fun, for your best.

kidsquid17

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Firefin
Switch Friend Code
SW-5267-5861-7211
Tri-Sloshers are overpowered.

Bye.
i agree they are overpowered but i don't see a lot of them for some reason.

i'm enjoying maining my regular roller the curling bomb is just too useful and one of my favorite sub weapons besides point sensor. for some reason i have a big respect for the vanilla versions of weapons like the slosher, roller, and splattershot

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
I've only had the game for 2 days so far but since i played splatoon 1 daily for 2 years it isn't taking long to get from c- to a+, i was a carbon roller and luna main before but right now i'm liking the longer range blaster there are just a ton of spots to keep distance so easily. My initial reaction is all the maps are so small that snipers are not nearly as relevant as in splatoon 1. It's like a free for all on these maps kills after kills ii'm hopeing when i get out of A class there is more organization. But for now it's like all guns can work the way the game is soo much chaos.

FGPackers

Inkster Jr.
I've only had the game for 2 days so far but since i played splatoon 1 daily for 2 years it isn't taking long to get from c- to a+, i was a carbon roller and luna main before but right now i'm liking the longer range blaster there are just a ton of spots to keep distance so easily. My initial reaction is all the maps are so small that snipers are not nearly as relevant as in splatoon 1. It's like a free for all on these maps kills after kills ii'm hopeing when i get out of A class there is more organization. But for now it's like all guns can work the way the game is soo much chaos.
Expect wild things starting from S rank...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom