• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Phobias

TeaBee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BuzzyTeaBee
What kind of things are you scared of guys? For me it's the dark.

AlphaOmegaSplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
phs2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-5305-7165-0622
Roller Coasters. I can build them using NoLimits2, I can learn stats about them, heck, I can even tell you where the tallest coaster and fastest coasters are located (Tallest: Kingda Ka, Six Flags Great Adventure, Jackson, NJ, USA. Height: 456ft. Fastest: Formula Rossa, Ferrari World, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Speed: 149mph). But I cannot ride one IRL

Last edited:

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
I have a fear of unhygienic people, as weird as this sounds.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
People sitting really close to me, but i'm getting used to that. People telling awkward things (especially if it's related to sexuality in any way shape or form) about me is something that i fear the most. Societal anxiety is something that's been haunting me since my childhood.

Oddly enough, i love things that some people fear like thunder and the night. Find them soothing.

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
I'm really freaked out by other people's blood and spit to the point where the idea of sharing a drink with someone is nauseating. I think it's a fear of contamination. Probably OCD related but whatever. It doesn't do me any harm.

Also spiders but I mean duh they're spiders and they're everywhere.... I used to have a nest of black widows on the inside of my bedroom window as a child. Omg. *shudder*I used to curl up at the end of my bed to get as far away from them as possible o_O

*edit* lol I just remembered that my name on here and my NNID is Spiderface... haha.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
I'm aquaphobic. I know how to swim but I still have a fear of deep water.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
They tell me I have a fear of rejection. Considering that I'd rather take a 0 on an assignment rather than turn in something that might possibly be average at best/worst, and that I can hardly stand the thought of asking people out, they have a point. (Then again it wouldn't be so bad if I could be convinced that a half-baked paper is worth more than an F, or if every girl I've ever been interested in wasn't already taken...)

Other than that, I also have a deep fear about dying in my sleep. I know some people would prefer to go out peacefully like that, but it's nothing short of horrifying for me. It was bad enough that for a while I actually dreaded the idea of even sleeping, thinking that every night would be my last.
...well, crap. Now I'm gonna have some sweet dreams tonight.

TeaBee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BuzzyTeaBee
I'm really freaked out by other people's blood and spit to the point where the idea of sharing a drink with someone is nauseating. I think it's a fear of contamination. Probably OCD related but whatever. It doesn't do me any harm.

Also spiders but I mean duh they're spiders and they're everywhere.... I used to have a nest of black widows on the inside of my bedroom window as a child. Omg. *shudder*I used to curl up at the end of my bed to get as far away from them as possible o_O

*edit* lol I just remembered that my name on here and my NNID is Spiderface... haha.
Spit is pretty gross and you had a black widow nest in your bedroom? :scared: If it weren't for the venom, I wouldn't worry. Hah, the irony in your name. :p

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
Spit is pretty gross and you had a black widow nest in your bedroom? :scared: If it weren't for the venom, I wouldn't worry. Hah, the irony in your name. :p
Yeah it is gross. But as a child I somehow decided that if I consumed even a drop of someone else's spit I'd get an infectious disease and die. And I was so nauseated by people chewing food at lunchtime that I never ate anything myself. Mouths and spit. They haunt me xD

And yeah black widow nest. You can't even imagine how evil it was. And my bed was right next to the window! AAAAAAARGH!!!!

Princess Bubbie

Tiny lil' monster
NNID
Princess.Bubbie
I actually have a fear of rabbits.

Like, they're cute when I see them but I refuse to get close. When I was a preteen I was over one of my close friend's house for a slumber party. She had tons of birds, a dog, and a pet rabbit. One of the birds was a little escape artist. It always snuck out of its cage to hang out with my friend and I. One day the rabbit was out, and the bird escaped. I was sitting on my friend's bed and the birdie was on my lap. The rabbit was sitting next to me on the bed. The rabbit looked at the bird, got real close, and CRUNCH. The bird starts screaming and flying around, blood on my dress and a severed bird foot...The bird healed fine , but my little innocent heart was never healed. I refuse to go near a rabbit now thinking it's going to bite me.

TeaBee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BuzzyTeaBee
I actually have a fear of rabbits.

Like, they're cute when I see them but I refuse to get close. When I was a preteen I was over one of my close friend's house for a slumber party. She had tons of birds, a dog, and a pet rabbit. One of the birds was a little escape artist. It always snuck out of its cage to hang out with my friend and I. One day the rabbit was out, and the bird escaped. I was sitting on my friend's bed and the birdie was on my lap. The rabbit was sitting next to me on the bed. The rabbit looked at the bird, got real close, and CRUNCH. The bird starts screaming and flying around, blood on my dress and a severed bird foot...The bird healed fine , but my little innocent heart was never healed. I refuse to go near a rabbit now thinking it's going to bite me.
How could something so cute have a thirst for blood? That must have been traumatizing. ._.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I can just about manage a single six-legged insect if it's not too large or fast, but anything with more legs than that, I can't approach. I'm also awful with worms and similar - it's not just that I find them gross (I love snails, so...) but I'm very afraid to come close to them. I actually wonder whether I'd be all right with squids and octopi... I've never, like, come into contact with them, but I could imagine their legginess being unsettling.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Not really a fear, but i'm utterly disgusted and unnerved by jewelry. Yeah you know, necklaces, earrings, bracelets and especially piercings. It's especially unnerving if it's made of some type metal like silver or gold but what really gets me are the crystal-like ones and the more intricate the jewelry, the more uneasy i feel. I honestly don't why, but i've had this feeling since i could remember being able to feel, like 3 years old. I've grown somewhat used to it, i don't like staring at them too long but a quick glance is usually fine. Coming in contact with them however, ****s me up. I have this need to clean myself if i accidently touch them and i'm honestly not even that hygienic. And the weird thing is that i can touch these things if their not in a form of jewelry. Like the actual minerals i can look at and touch just fines, and things like coins, keys and plastic material i'm also okay with. But as soon as one of these things is even a little jewelry like, it's an instant nope. I especially hate it because i live with my mom and sister and they usually leave their jewelry lying around where i can see it (especially my sister -_-"). i have to call them to grab it and take it to their room or something. They're not doing it on purpose naturally, but i hate it when it does happen. Shops with a lot of jewelry i refuse to go in to and if i'm forced to, i usually stare at the ceiling, but still feel uneasy. Wow, lengthy post, sorry about that. but yeah, that's my weird as heck phobia, make of it as you will o_O

TeaBee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BuzzyTeaBee
Not really a fear, but i'm utterly disgusted and unnerved by jewelry. Yeah you know, necklaces, earrings, bracelets and especially piercings. It's especially unnerving if it's made of some type metal like silver or gold but what really gets me are the crystal-like ones and the more intricate the jewelry, the more uneasy i feel. I honestly don't why, but i've had this feeling since i could remember being able to feel, like 3 years old. I've grown somewhat used to it, i don't like staring at them too long but a quick glance is usually fine. Coming in contact with them however, ****s me up. I have this need to clean myself if i accidently touch them and i'm honestly not even that hygienic. And the weird thing is that i can touch these things if their not in a form of jewelry. Like the actual minerals i can look at and touch just fines, and things like coins, keys and plastic material i'm also okay with. But as soon as one of these things is even a little jewelry like, it's an instant nope. I especially hate it because i live with my mom and sister and they usually leave their jewelry lying around where i can see it (especially my sister -_-"). i have to call them to grab it and take it to their room or something. They're not doing it on purpose naturally, but i hate it when it does happen. Shops with a lot of jewelry i refuse to go in to and if i'm forced to, i usually stare at the ceiling, but still feel uneasy. Wow, lengthy post, sorry about that. but yeah, that's my weird as heck phobia, make of it as you will o_O
I will make of it. You remind me of a werewolf. :scared:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
How could something so cute have a thirst for blood? That must have been traumatizing. ._.
Dolphins kill their young for a laugh, ladybugs are vicious poisonous murderers, and hippos are incredibly lethal to humans, so judging by appearances in nature isn't really wise.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
And yeah black widow nest. You can't even imagine how evil it was. And my bed was right next to the window! AAAAAAARGH!!!!
You were never in any danger. Despite the reputation they've somehow built up, their famous poison can't kill you unless you already have health problems.

While I'm rambling, I should mention my own phobias. These days, it's just heights, and I intend to conquer it someday. Exposure and education can destroy many common phobias. I used to be afraid of spiders and needles until I read up on the former and experienced the latter about 8 times in a row - so many blood tests, egh.

TeaBee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BuzzyTeaBee
Dolphins kill their young for a laugh, ladybugs are vicious poisonous murderers, and hippos are incredibly lethal to humans, so judging by appearances in nature isn't really wise.
I didn't know about the first two, but Hippos are territorial jerks just like the cassowary. The other knowledge about dolphins is really disturbing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom