• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Pikmin Thread

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
I hereby declare myself as the official Pikmin fanatic of the boards.

Other Pikmin fans may gather here to discuss the current games and theorize about the next, which has been hinted at quite a lot! Hopefully the background of the Wraith will be detailed.

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
I love Pikmin! I've actually never beat any of the games, it's more of just the franchise in general that I like. I need to finish Pikmin 3... I've always loved the red ones. My username actually came from a red Pikmin that I named Terabyte, and the name just stuck with me.

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis
I finished Pikmin 1 and 2, but never got around to completing 3. I got to the boss and just stopped because it stressed me out so much. I hate pikmin dying, and I also hate bosses that continuously chase after you so rip.

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
I finished Pikmin 1 and 2, but never got around to completing 3. I got to the boss and just stopped because it stressed me out so much. I hate pikmin dying, and I also hate bosses that continuously chase after you so rip.
The best way to beat him is to get Brittany to run around in circles without Pikmin to distract it and let the other two do things.

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis
The best way to beat him is to get Brittany to run around in circles without Pikmin to distract it and let the other two do things.
Oh I thought it only chased after captains that had pikmin. Maybe my memory is wrong then.

Puffy

Senior Squid
NNID
Annakittykat
Pikmin is awesome! I've played Pikmin 2, and Pikmin 3, and I'm about halfway through the first Pikmin right now! My name "Puffy" actually comes from a white Pikmin I named Puffy. :D

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Petition to rename forums to Pikminboards.

Radi

Senior Squid
NNID
InfinityBeamX
I really wish that I could play a Pikmin game and enjoy it, but I really can't. The time limit would get to me. I don't want to make myself feel anxious, and I think the timer would do that to me. Maybe in the future.

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
I really wish that I could play a Pikmin game and enjoy it, but I really can't. The time limit would get to me. I don't want to make myself feel anxious, and I think the timer would do that to me. Maybe in the future.
There's no timer in Pikmin 2, and Pikmin 3 has a 100 day timer, yet the game can be completed in 10.

Radi

Senior Squid
NNID
InfinityBeamX
There's no timer in Pikmin 2, and Pikmin 3 has a 100 day timer, yet the game can be completed in 10.
Well that's good to know, assuming that it's true. I'll have to consider buying either of the two games.

Jacob777

Full Squid
NNID
Jacob_Games777
Pikmin is honestly one of the most underrated Nintendo series. I love the games (despite the fact I've only played 2 and 3) and the Pikmin creatures are cute. I've beat Pikmin 3 100% twice and I love it, gorgeous graphics and just great game overall.

GamingWarthog

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GamingWarthog
I love Pikmin. Beat all three 100%, bought all of 3's DLC, and have spent plenty of time thinking about what I want in Pikmin 4. Am I the only person who would love a volcanic area in 4?

Other Pikmin fans may gather here to discuss the current games and theorize about the next, which has been hinted at quite a lot! Hopefully the background of the Wraith will be detailed.
I think the Plasm Wraith was behind the crashes of both the S.S Dolphin and S.S Drake. Since the Plasm Wraith survived the final battle, he has to have some story significance or they would have tied up that loose end. His obsession with Olimar and similarity to that weird creature at the Crash Site in 1 (as well as the Water Wraith in 2) just adds to that theory, as well as the 100% completion ending narration in 3 pointing out that we have no clue why the S.S Drake crashed. There's a lot of theories about what exactly the Plasm Wraith is, most connecting the Plasm Wraith with a monster from Japanese Mythology called the Umibozu. Either way, I'd be surprised if 4's final boss doesn't have a connection to the Plasm Wraith, since it's the closest thing to an overarching villain Pikmin has.

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
I love Pikmin. Beat all three 100%, bought all of 3's DLC, and have spent plenty of time thinking about what I want in Pikmin 4. Am I the only person who would love a volcanic area in 4?

I think the Plasm Wraith was behind the crashes of both the S.S Dolphin and S.S Drake. Since the Plasm Wraith survived the final battle, he has to have some story significance or they would have tied up that loose end. His obsession with Olimar and similarity to that weird creature at the Crash Site in 1 (as well as the Water Wraith in 2) just adds to that theory, as well as the 100% completion ending narration in 3 pointing out that we have no clue why the S.S Drake crashed. There's a lot of theories about what exactly the Plasm Wraith is, most connecting the Plasm Wraith with a monster from Japanese Mythology called the Umibozu. Either way, I'd be surprised if 4's final boss doesn't have a connection to the Plasm Wraith, since it's the closest thing to an overarching villain Pikmin has.
I know all about the theories. The extended theory state that the Pikmin 1 meteor was the egg, the Goolix was its early form, and it evolved into the Wraith. The Waterwraith probably became the Plasm Wraith by absorbing the crashed Hoctate Ship's golden plating.

GamingWarthog

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GamingWarthog
I know all about the theories. The extended theory state that the Pikmin 1 meteor was the egg, the Goolix was its early form, and it evolved into the Wraith. The Waterwraith probably became the Plasm Wraith by absorbing the crashed Hoctate Ship's golden plating.
I was wondering how exactly the Plasm Wraith was able to crash the S.S Dolphin, the meteor being the egg feels like a good explanation. Surprised I missed the connection between the Hoctate Ship losing the gold plating and the Plasm Wraith's gold color. So the meteor at the end of Pikmin 3 that the Pikmin spot is probably another Plasm Wraith egg if the theory was correct. That just leaves the question of how the S.S Drake crashed, the Plasm Wraith doesn't have that long of a range of influence and if it was another egg the game would have just covered it up as another meteor. Hopefully 4 will have some answers, and we won't have to wait as long for it.

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
I was wondering how exactly the Plasm Wraith was able to crash the S.S Dolphin, the meteor being the egg feels like a good explanation. Surprised I missed the connection between the Hoctate Ship losing the gold plating and the Plasm Wraith's gold color. So the meteor at the end of Pikmin 3 that the Pikmin spot is probably another Plasm Wraith egg if the theory was correct. That just leaves the question of how the S.S Drake crashed, the Plasm Wraith doesn't have that long of a range of influence and if it was another egg the game would have just covered it up as another meteor. Hopefully 4 will have some answers, and we won't have to wait as long for it.
Fear not, Miyamoto has actually mentioned a sequel in an interview!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom