• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Ping

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
I recently finished a game where I saw an enemy attempting to flank, I engaged and died. I then watched powerlessly as he successfully flanked two of my teammates and killed them. In turn they controlled the two splatzones and had complete momentum of the game. After I initally died, I knew it would do nothing but I was tapping on the gamepad at the point I died as if to ping the position I wanted my teammates to be aware of. It was frustrating to see it happen.

I know there is a difference between the current game and soon having squads using skype or other communication methods. But for everyone else and also being a useful feature on the gamepad, why the hell can't we ping the map?

Discuss.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
You can just 'Booyah!', it achieves the same effect.

YesI'mTaco34

Inkling Cadet
NNID
YesImTaco
I agree with this.

I would think with the game pad you could just ping a part of the map to warn team mates or get them to help you kinda like League of Legends.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
You can just 'Booyah!', it achieves the same effect.
I think there should be more prompts like 'Go that way' and a 'Caution/look here' or something because Booyah can be taken as celebratory and you cant say 'C'mon' after you die (Probably because in other regions it is basically 'come here.'

Egomouse

Full Squid
NNID
Egomouse
Switch Friend Code
SW-1058-0470-2243
Hold L button and tap somewhere on the screen to ping (prevents superjumping). Maybe add a ping button on the screen just for another option.
A suggestion anyhow lol. Seems pretty easy to add and it doesn't seem like it'll be awkward.
The directional pad already sorta quick pings. There should be something for left and right imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom