• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Pink/Purple ink combo needs to be banned or removed via update

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Well, this escalated quickly. I totally agree. The new color combination is almost unplayable, especially when it comes to things like splat bombs where telling the difference very quickly is crucial. Heck, even players are almost undistinguishable in this combination. I'd never thought that the color lock combination would come in handy at some point. Glad it's there now...

Nintendo should fix this asap. I liked the color variation in Splatoon until now. Being limited to blue and orange is a letdown.

Psycho_Wendigo

Resident World Devourer
NNID
PyschoWendigo
How new is this color combo? I haven't seen it yet, is there an example someone can show me? Like a game screenshot or something, so I can see the colors? I'm at work now, so I can't look it up myself, darn Internet Usage Agreement

FlareHabanero

Increases the Excitement
I've never seen this problem myself. I mean sure I've seen purple and pink colors, but they're normally contrasted by something like Purple/Orange or Pink/Blue.

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
I've never seen this problem myself. I mean sure I've seen purple and pink colors, but they're normally contrasted by something like Purple/Orange or Pink/Blue.
It's a new color combo just came out. See it and you will understand.

Kairo

Pro Squid
NNID
smartmadboy
I find myself treading through enemy ink without realizing it, so yes this combo needs to be removed or fixed up a bit so it's possible to distinguish the two.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Never seen this combo except for the Splatfest trailer.

Dreamy Luigi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DreamyZack
This was in Ranked last night, not in Regular Battles.

And yes, it's hard to tell the difference, and I don't want to do color lock because that takes some of the charm away from the game. Make the purple darker and the pink lighter, like...

The top would be the current and the bottom would be something better, see how the bottom is much easier to tell apart? For bombs and stuff it's already kinda hard to tell which is which and when I was watching a YouTuber play last night, I absolutely couldn't tell what color a Splat Bomb was.

Kairo

Pro Squid
NNID
smartmadboy
The top would be the current and the bottom would be something better, see how the bottom is much easier to tell apart?
Yes, the bottom is much easier to tell apart, but depending on how the developers texture the ink itself it could be a hole different story.
Right now it's a combination of color shades and textures that makes it hard to distinguish the colors.

flc

Inkling Commander
NNID
fiveleafclover
it's actually pretty ridiculous

on some maps it's not so bad (flounder mainly), but on maps with shadowed areas like mackerel it's actually unplayable. wails, splats, suctions, enemy players... you can tell them apart sometimes but it actually takes some thought, which is just dumb

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
Yep. Entire squad turned on color lock after 2 games with it. I don't know what they were smoking and hopefully they change it quickly. Previous squad battle colors have been around since the update so we'd probably be stuck color locked with this one till the next splatfest.

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
+1 in favor of this being a bad color combo

Actually takes a second in some cases to remember which shade you are even, bleh

River09

Inkling Cadet
NNID
King_Felix
Anyone got a screenshot of it?

Edit: I can get a basic understanding from these images though.

Last edited:

Gristo

Inkling
NNID
Gristobar
perhaps I'm the only one (and that's totally possible) but I don't mind the combination. yes they "should" make them easier to tell them apart, its silly so many people are having trouble, but I personally haven't had a huge problem with it in any of the battles that I've had with the two colors

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
I haven't played this colour, but here's the first video I could find that shows it off (starting at 54:14):

These are also the NA Splatfest colours, so good luck Americans trying to tell these apart in even worse lighting conditions lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom