• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Playing with Friends!

Which of the three things do you think it means? (Read post below)

• Split-screen online!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Forming teams with friends online!

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • This is a mistake.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TheSpeedyMouse

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheSpeedyMouse
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintend...lack/6327118.p?id=1219661390641&skuId=6327118

On Best Buy's page for the Splatoon Wii U bundle at one point it says:

Take the battle online
Team up with three friends in action-packed four-on-four matches (Broadband Internet access required for online play. Additional accessories required for multi-player mode; sold separately).

This could mean one of three things:

1. There is split-screen online in this game, which is really unlikely. However mentioning additional accessories could be a hint to this, or it could mean you have to buy multiple consoles for multi-player.

2. You can form teams with friends to battle strangers online! Weirdly it doesn't say "up to three friends" but I'm sure playing with one or two friends is possible if this is what it means. However if it did say that then that would confirm that you can't play with more than three friends, which speaking of that I wonder if that is the case.

3. This is a mistake.

What do you guys think?

Nester

Inkster Jr.
Content Team
Community Ambassador
It's been confirmed that you can join friends online if you have each others NNID's added. There will not be split screen online functionality like there is in Mario Kart 8 for two people on the same Wii U playing online together against others.

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintend...lack/6327118.p?id=1219661390641&skuId=6327118

On Best Buy's page for the Splatoon Wii U bundle at one point it says:

Take the battle online
Team up with three friends in action-packed four-on-four matches (Broadband Internet access required for online play. Additional accessories required for multi-player mode; sold separately).

This could mean one of three things:

1. There is split-screen online in this game, which is really unlikely. However mentioning additional accessories could be a hint to this, or it could mean you have to buy multiple consoles for multi-player.

2. You can form teams with friends to battle strangers online! Weirdly it doesn't say "up to three friends" but I'm sure playing with one or two friends is possible if this is what it means. However if it did say that then that would confirm that you can't play with more than three friends, which speaking of that I wonder if that is the case.

3. This is a mistake.

What do you guys think?
I'll be extremely surprised if there was a lack of friend support for this game.

It's been confirmed in an interview with one of the Treehouse members that there will be some kind of party/friend system for players to team up online. We just don't know any specifics right now.

TheSpeedyMouse

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheSpeedyMouse
Oh I've seen that interview; I'm subscribed to ProJared. I was hoping that there was also two players per Wii U like in MK8 but the fact that it says 3 players should of made me get rid of that hope. Oh well. It doesn't matter too much. :)

AEM

The Saltsui no Hadou
During Nintendo's last live E3 presentation Reggie confirmed that two gamepads could connect to one Wii U system, but that has gone unused since the system's launch. Splatoon would be an ideal game for that to work with, but I'm skeptical if Nintendo actually kept that feature a possibility since Gamepads are not sold separately.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I'm hoping split screen. If not, i'll just take online w/ friends. If it's only that, though.. i'll be very disappointed. :scared:

suavevillain

Inkling Cadet
I really hope we get details on how joining friends works. It is very important a party system is ideal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom