• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

[Poll] Should there be a Ranked version of Turf Wars

Should there be a Ranked version of Turf Wars?

• Yes

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • No

Votes: 16 45.7%

• Total voters

SylentVictory

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SylentVictory
I really enjoy playing Turf Wars and kinda wish there was a Ranked mode for it as well.

I feel like the mode can be very competitive and shouldn't be looked at as a game type for beginners or casual players.

What do you think?

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
No, I think the community would be even more split than it already is with Splat Zone. If there is 2 Turf Wars, one so called "competitive" and one isn't, people who they are "tuff stuff" will go to the ranked one, making the other Turf War empty.
I feel Splat Zone is as casual as Turf War, it's just people think they are competitive because it has a "rank".

lostleader

Senior Squid
NNID
lostleader
Personally I am for it, although I put the entry around level 20 so Turf War still gets a handful when its not ranked. Then again I really want a ranking system where all modes are separate in ranks. I.E. you can be A- in Splat Zones but B in Turf war, kind of thing.

YesI'mTaco34

Inkling Cadet
NNID
YesImTaco
Yeah i think there should be. Really i find it weird they don't have a rank mode and standard mode for both Turf War and Splat Zone.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
Nah. The idea of Turf Wars is shoot the floor, it's also advertised as the easier mode people can wind down on or learn the basics before throwing themselves back into ranked hell.
That being said, turf wars gets super intense, so I can see it being played in tandem with Spat Zones in Splatoon tournaments, but as for an ingame ranked Turf Wars? Nah.

Shroomsy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Shroomsy
No people would just get nuclear butthurt over dynamo roller.
I'd be inclined to agree if it wasn't such a salt generator in ranked already. Never have I seen people so universally mad about a weapon in any format.

dukevin

Senior Squid
NNID
dukevin
No, because the outcome of turf wars is too dependent on your teammates for your rank to mean much.

RadioactiveMoth

Squidibli
NNID
RadioactiveMoth
No, because the outcome of turf wars is too dependent on your teammates for your rank to mean much.
So is splat zones. You are not going to win if you have a bad team.

I think it'd be great. Smash 4 has For Fun and For Glory, so it's not like it's a new concept. Just have normal matches be unranked versions of all the modes, and ranked matches are ranked versions of all the modes. I think that would be way better than ranked only being Splat Zones.

Twinkie

Full Squid
NNID
Twinkiman
If it gets added into the competitive rotation, I won't play it. For me to play competitive, the games have to be tense and keep me focused. With Tower Control and Splat Zones, we get people more focused in an area which makes this possible.

Also Turf Wars is not suitable for competitive when it comes to time. You can literally have the entire team just camp at the spawn till 1 minute remains and just wipe the map with one push. Time is of the essence with Splat Zones as well as Tower Control. This makes one mistake even more punishing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom