1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Splatoon 2 has released around the globe!

Join the Splatoon 2 hype and discussion!

Poll: Turning music on and off

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by Yin_, Jan 12, 2018 at 11:05 AM.

?

Should there be a option to turn off the in-game music?

1. Yes, it is very annoying!

13.0%
  2. Yes, it would help focus on the game more

21.7%
  3. Yes

39.1%
  4. No

4.3%
  5. No, I think the game is fine the way it is

21.7%
  1. Yin_

Yin_ Pro Squid

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2325-6454-5517
    I hope this isn't already a feature or else I will feel dumb.

Wouldn't it be nice to turn the music off every once in a while? I think that would help the game. What do you guys think?

※Zachary likes this.
  2. Mr. Squiggly Squid

Mr. Squiggly Squid Inkling Commander

I think a feature like this would be nice. Would mean we wouldn’t have to deal with people complaining about the music anymore. :rolleyes: I think it should allow us to turn certain songs off instead of just turning the music off altogether, though.

#2 Mr. Squiggly Squid, Jan 12, 2018 at 11:09 AM
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018 at 11:15 AM
    ※Zachary likes this.
  3. ※Zachary

※Zachary Senior Squid

Eh, I'd like an option to use the Splatoon 1 music instead of the new Splatoon 2 music.

4. Nerdbird

Nerdbird Inkster Jr.

The music of splatoon is part of what makes the game so special to me, It’s a niche genre that I’ve fallen in love with!

I think a game without music, just with SFX would just be bland :(

5. Mr. Squiggly Squid

I want to have the new themes and the old ones playing, because man, there isn’t a single battle theme that I don’t love! (With the exception of Off The Hook’s music...)

Silxer and ※Zachary like this.
  6. Jayy

Jayy Inkster Jr.

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2045-0142-7156
    All day.

Give us the option. A slider even. It doesn’t even have to be an on/off toggle.

Like every pvp game I’ve gotten into I want to add my own soundtrack without having to sacrifice sound effects. I don’t see it as an issue or any advantage or disadvantage if everyone had the option. At this point if I want my own music I have to mute the game or barely hear the effects.

What if I want the jaws theme when I’m using ninja squid? I can’t. And that just... won’t do.

seaWEED, Yin_, Egg Queen and 2 others like this.
  7. Elecmaw

Elecmaw Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3466-8927-7969
    Yes, yes, yes.

This is one of the most basic features to be expected in just about every game and Splatoon 2 does not have it, and to me that's just plain inexcusable. I can't imagine it'd be hard to program in, so why is it not there?

It doesn't matter how good the OST is, once you've played and practiced it for hundreds of hours you'll get burned out on the in-game OST eventually. You could listen to your own stuff, but Splatoon 2 won't let you. Either you gotta mute the entire game or have to suffer through Ink Theory for the umpteenth time, or have your own music blend seamlessly with that of the game itself.

Even outside of muting the ost, there are people who just like to have the OST a little quieter just so they can hear sound cues a little better. Again, Splatoon 2 won't let you.

8. Mr. Squiggly Squid

Well, that clearly ain’t true for everyone because I never get tired of the music. It’s too good if you ask me.

※Zachary likes this.
  9. Drew Sebastino

Drew Sebastino Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Espozo
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3924-6316-9401
    Why would anyone answer "no" to this? If you want to hear it, great, keep the volume on. The same applies to voice chat; you don't want to hear people cussing? No one is stopping you from turning it off. Having a sound balance has been a standard feature in games since the 6th console generation, and was still prevalent in the 5th. Even for the first Splatoon, having so sound balance was absurd. Never mind letting you choose what songs to turn on or off, or even better, letting you add your own music.

I doubt Nintendo will do anything about it in a patch, but people have at least cracked the old Switch firmware...

Mr. Squiggly Squid likes this.
  10. LiX

LiX Inkster Jr.

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-8003-1880-5821
    Definitely, it would be a good feauture for the competitive people. You could turn it off and focus more on the sounds surrounding you.

You could hear the Splatling charghing up behind you, or the brush making its first swipes behind you more clearly. It would save the temporarily life of so many kids and squids. It should be done!

Mr. Squiggly Squid likes this.
  11. Nukester

Nukester Inkling

Since the music generally stinks compared to Splat 1. Yes, please.

12. Mr. Squiggly Squid

:(

seaWEED and BashfulBetta like this.
  13. Windstar

Windstar Inkster Jr.

That’s actually a good idea. Maybe they could be remixed by Off the Hook or a certain character in the Story Mode.

14. Drew Sebastino

Drew Sebastino Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Espozo
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3924-6316-9401
    Please no.

seaWEED likes this.
  15. Berry

Berry Senior Squid

NNID:
    BlazzBerry
    Its funny because when recon'ing any stage, you get exactly what you ask for. You just can't have it during a match.

But yeah, I'd like that option.

seaWEED and Mr. Squiggly Squid like this.
  16. Mr. Squiggly Squid

Please no Off The Hook versions of Squid Squad...

seaWEED and Drew Sebastino like this.
  17. Jayy

Jayy Inkster Jr.

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2045-0142-7156
    How do we, the player base, get Nintendo to hear our plight? A petition? I don’t think Nintendo reads forums the way Blizz reads forums for feedback.

Imagine a plea like this where the players aren’t demanding new guns, new stages, new modes, new cosmetics, but a simple alteration to sound/music control so we can play with what they’ve already given us. That’s a girl worth fighting for (Mulan) that isn’t a demand for things I’m sure they’re used to hearing about.

18. seaWEED

seaWEED Full Squid

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3569-5511-7797
    I wish they added the options for Splat1 music and to choose the music. Sometimes, I really want to listen to “Kraken Up” without having to play Splat1.