• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Poll: Turning music on and off

Should there be a option to turn off the in-game music?

• Total voters

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
I hope this isn't already a feature or else I will feel dumb.

Wouldn't it be nice to turn the music off every once in a while? I think that would help the game. What do you guys think?

Jayy

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2045-0142-7156
All day.

Give us the option. A slider even. It doesn’t even have to be an on/off toggle.

Like every pvp game I’ve gotten into I want to add my own soundtrack without having to sacrifice sound effects. I don’t see it as an issue or any advantage or disadvantage if everyone had the option. At this point if I want my own music I have to mute the game or barely hear the effects.

What if I want the jaws theme when I’m using ninja squid? I can’t. And that just... won’t do.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Yes, yes, yes.

This is one of the most basic features to be expected in just about every game and Splatoon 2 does not have it, and to me that's just plain inexcusable. I can't imagine it'd be hard to program in, so why is it not there?

It doesn't matter how good the OST is, once you've played and practiced it for hundreds of hours you'll get burned out on the in-game OST eventually. You could listen to your own stuff, but Splatoon 2 won't let you. Either you gotta mute the entire game or have to suffer through Ink Theory for the umpteenth time, or have your own music blend seamlessly with that of the game itself.

Even outside of muting the ost, there are people who just like to have the OST a little quieter just so they can hear sound cues a little better. Again, Splatoon 2 won't let you.

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
Why would anyone answer "no" to this? If you want to hear it, great, keep the volume on. The same applies to voice chat; you don't want to hear people cussing? No one is stopping you from turning it off. Having a sound balance has been a standard feature in games since the 6th console generation, and was still prevalent in the 5th. Even for the first Splatoon, having so sound balance was absurd. Never mind letting you choose what songs to turn on or off, or even better, letting you add your own music.

I doubt Nintendo will do anything about it in a patch, but people have at least cracked the old Switch firmware...

LiX

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8003-1880-5821
Definitely, it would be a good feauture for the competitive people. You could turn it off and focus more on the sounds surrounding you.

You could hear the Splatling charghing up behind you, or the brush making its first swipes behind you more clearly. It would save the temporarily life of so many kids and squids. It should be done!

Jayy

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2045-0142-7156
How do we, the player base, get Nintendo to hear our plight? A petition? I don’t think Nintendo reads forums the way Blizz reads forums for feedback.

Imagine a plea like this where the players aren’t demanding new guns, new stages, new modes, new cosmetics, but a simple alteration to sound/music control so we can play with what they’ve already given us. That’s a girl worth fighting for (Mulan) that isn’t a demand for things I’m sure they’re used to hearing about.

Jayy

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2045-0142-7156
To be honest I’m just sick of the f*&$@; losing music. For some odd reason they were spot on with making the music that plays when you lose make me feel like sh*t. As if losing wasn’t enough that horrible music makes it worse for me. I cannot stand it. It must be psychological because I’ll take the loss but Jesus Christ if I could just mute that loser music. I wish you could altogether just skip out of the match results instantly instead of being made to look at the stats and listen to that god. D*mn. Music.

Take an example from overwatch. You don’t have to be forced to watch the play of the game whereby the enemy reaper pushes the FU button and you’re the only player on the team that gets killed.

Why did Nintendo not take what works from other MP games and implement them in their own way? I get they try to be pioneers and veer away from the norm but sometimes it feels like in their process they completely lose sight of some of the aspects of games that come as almost necessary.

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
To be honest I’m just sick of the f*&$@; losing music. For some odd reason they were spot on with making the music that plays when you lose make me feel like sh*t. As if losing wasn’t enough that horrible music makes it worse for me. I cannot stand it. It must be psychological because I’ll take the loss but Jesus Christ if I could just mute that loser music. I wish you could altogether just skip out of the match results instantly instead of being made to look at the stats and listen to that god. D*mn. Music.

Take an example from overwatch. You don’t have to be forced to watch the play of the game whereby the enemy reaper pushes the FU button and you’re the only player on the team that gets killed.

Why did Nintendo not take what works from other MP games and implement them in their own way? I get they try to be pioneers and veer away from the norm but sometimes it feels like in their process they completely lose sight of some of the aspects of games that come as almost necessary.
I love the losing theme though....;_;

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom