• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

[Poll] Which Camera Controls Do You Use?

Which Camera Controls Do You Use?

• Total voters

CocoaCannon

Inkling
NNID
CocoaCannono
Pick which type of camera controls you use. Also talk about what camera sensitivity you feel is best for the type of control you use. Personally, I like using the R-Stick more with the sensitivity about -1 or -0.5, I've heard people argue that motion controls are better but i just cant get the hang of it.

ZestyN

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ZestyN
I mix them together. I tend to use the r stick for going around corners, and the motion controls for attacks. Seems to be working out so far.

OmegaDivider

Squid Sisters Fanboy
NNID
OmegaDivider
I would use motion controls, but I tend to spaz out a little in firefights. That kind of stuff will get me killed with motion controls.

Lefty

Nice la~
I use Motion controls. Uncomfortable at first, your accuracy noticeably gets a lot better after some practice. -1 for sensitivity, as I also use right stick to turn left or right, and I dont want it to be too sensitive, as well as the motion controls being jittery.

LunarWingCloud

Inkling
NNID
LunarWingStorm
R-Stick, I hate having to use motion at all times because I jitter a bit and move my arms sometimes slightly when I play games

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
I use the right stick primarily to turn and aim left and right, and use the gyro for verticals and occasional nudges in one direction or other. I try to have my inkling already lined up correctly by the time I'm in the area with which I need to shoot. So long as they aren't aiming at me and I can keep my cursor on them, they're always the ones who die, and vice versa when I get caught out and can't run away or don't fast enough.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Motion is positional, analog is velocity. Same principle as a mouse. Analog aiming is a relic of the past, we finally have a better alternative for consoles.

Mam

Inkster Jr.
NNID
GTaG1379
Motion is best, but it took me awhile to get use to it. Its way more accurate than the stiffens of the analogue stick.

SylentVictory

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SylentVictory
Motion controls seem like the way to go, the Gamepad is definitely not made for a shooter. Using the analog feels clumsy and slow.

I wish there was support for the Pro Controller but until then I will use the motion controls.

ZeroParadox

Senior Squid
NNID
ZeroParadox
Motion controls, but only because right stick feels real finicky when playing with it, and I haven't found a sensitivity that I'm comfortable with. I have the same problem with motion controls, but less often, so for now, motion it is.

Pink

Inkster Jr.
NNID
KirbyCanvasCurse
I use motion controls, with the right stick used for more broad movements.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
The motion for me it's has the same feeling as using a mouse. It's just more accurate for me.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Gyroscope. Had trouble with it back in the testfire, but I got used to it and I can't see myself playing any other way now.

Dragoniss

Inkling
NNID
Antagonistgreen
Full analog. I know people say that motion control feels uncomfortable to play with a first but the longer you use it the better it gets, but I'm a jittery sort. Motion controls just don't feel right for me and I feel much more comfortable playing with stick. Camera sensitivity is turned way down so I can get more accurate, only downside being I can't turn around really fast. However, I feel that if I really needed to turn around that fast i'd probably be dead anyways.

shane3x

Full Squid
Motion is quite good, one reason being that the analog controls are awful. Camera sensitivity has zero effect on the camera going up and down, only left and right. The up/down camera moves way too fast and its too finicky for me to use precisely. It also doesn't seem to accommodate diagonal aiming very well. You play any other game and aiming with just right stick is fine, play splatoon and its like only up/down/left/right exists.

Cola

Inkling
NNID
Cola64
Combination of both. I use the Right stick for broader movements and the gyro for fine-tuning my aim. It's amazing how much it improves my accuracy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom