• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Possible "Favorite" Color Setting for 2?

JosephStardust

Inkling
Having played on Wii U, I've noticed that I rarely get to play on the green team, which is my favorite color. More often than not, I got to play AGAINST a green team in Turf War. So, I am hoping for the sequel on Switch, the game will have an option to choose a "favorite color" of ink, so that it either sets up matches where you are ALWAYS that color, or it will adjust the colors on your screen where it always shows your favorite color on your team (good guys). What do you guys think? How could I go about getting this idea over to Nintendo? Do they have their own forum/thread/suggestion box for games like this?

NotAPerso

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PersocomLover
Personally I would love a greater color selection ability. I have colorblindness so a few of the color combinations really mess with me but there are plenty that I'm perfectly fine with. In Splatoon the option is either have variety but risk the two color options that mess with me or have no variety but no risk of colors that mess with me.
Being able to select which color variants to not show would be much more helpful than locking into orange/blue

Chloud

Inkling
NNID
Chlaudiii
This is a really good idea. I'd like to add on to it, too. Since most inklings in Inkopolis are different colors (blue, green, orange, etc.) I'd hope that Nintendo would also have it so you have your inkling hair color to be set to one specific one, instead of changing randomly.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
mite be cool =p
mite be tricky?

Is it possible to see a match as one color setup and have each other person see a different color setup?

If yes,then an option to pick which color pairs the game can assign you would be neat for different color blindnesses or people who want to limit their rainbow power for some silly reason.

I'd largely ignore it though: I'm kind of fond of the current pallet roulette system.
Plus, it is amusing when I, GreenWaffles, get put on pink side, with my friend, who has pink in her name, is paired against me on the green side =P.
(when the opposite happens, and our colors match our names, the match turns into Star Wars: Duel of the Fates Colors)

EDIT:
The dark blue needs to go away. It's WAY too hard to see in some of the darker levels.
Nooooooo that's my batman color! D=

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Is it possible to see a match as one color setup and have each other person see a different color setup?
I don't see why not. Then again I know nothing about the technical aspects of game development. It just seems like a very easy thing to achieve.

I'd like to toy with it if it was a feature. If people are disadvantaged due to a color combination they can't distinguish well, they should have the option to configure it to suit their needs/preferences.

Plus..... a white vs black squid game... drool.

NotAPerso

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PersocomLover

If yes,then an option to pick which color pairs the game can assign you would be neat for different color blindnesses or people who want to limit their rainbow power for some silly reason.
Splatoon already does this with color lock. Any players with the setting on will see orange/blue instead of what others see.
It doesn't really make any sense why everyone sees the same colors anyway as it has no affect on gameplay. It would only ever affect spectators at an event if they were watching multiple players.

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
This was one of my first wishes when I heard of this game... good times. I'm obsessed with customization, so I honestly hope we get to color lock the color we like. Though I'm already more than just happy with gear no longer being linked with abilities.

There was also a time where I hoped Splatoon would have you choose a team in the beginning of the game, like in Splatfest, but with permanent colors representing each team. So there would be battles between the different colors with monthly results and bonus rewards for the most dominating team, and of course the ability to switch teams upon will.

JosephStardust

Inkling
There was also a time where I hoped Splatoon would have you choose a team in the beginning of the game, like in Splatfest, but with permanent colors representing each team. So there would be battles between the different colors with monthly results and bonus rewards for the most dominating team, and of course the ability to switch teams upon will.
That would be a great idea! Kinda like factions! Each color could be a different faction that you can lock into! But, I'm sure people would want to switch colors after each monthly event is over. There should probably be a time period in between events where you can change your color faction, but only once after each event is complete, then the scores reset for the next month.

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
The dark blue needs to go away. It's WAY too hard to see in some of the darker levels.
That's my favorite color though... :,(

Which is another reason why we probably need an option to set which color combinations we want and don't want. And maybe the certain color combinations would only show up on your screen and the other player's preferences show up on their screens.

JosephStardust

Inkling
Which is another reason why we probably need an option to set which color combinations we want and don't want. And maybe the certain color combinations would only show up on your screen and the other player's preferences show up on their screens.
That is exactly what I'm posing! If it can work with color lock (blue and orange only), then I'm sure there can be a custom option added to personally choose a favorite or preferred color for either only your team or both teams, whether you had a favorite color, or in case a person is color blind! It couldn't be THAT hard to code into the game, could it?

I know Nintendo can't see this, but if there is a way I can get to you, PLEASE add color preferences into Splatoon 2!

RelicRaider

Pro Squid
NNID
RelicRaiderULTD
Switch Friend Code
SW-6136-3428-7995
My personal favourite is the minty green that gets paired with light blue, there's another slightly less minty green that gets paired with purple, but I prefer the first one, I just hope that colour comes back. I'd also like to see the white ink from that one splatfest be a colour too, unfortunately I didn't get to play any of the splatfests as I was too late into the game, but I'd have chosen that team had I gotten the chance just because of the colour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom