• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Post Summer 2015...

michael_goldfish

Inkster Jr.
NNID
michael_godfish
Probably, the free updates coming seem like stuff that should be there to begin with, but far-into-the-future dlc will most likely exist so they can start making the big bucks like mk8 is doing. Imagine if you had to pay for friend lobbies, oh man

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
I'd like to hope so, some packs like mario kart got would be nice. With how much nintendo's been doing dlc for mario kart and smash bros I'd like to think it's a pretty sure thing.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
I could see it happening. The best related example I can think of is the Animal Crossing Plaza application for Wii U, which tied into Animal Crossing: New Leaf and was supported until a full two years after New Leaf's launch before being removed from the eShop.

Smash and Mario Kart looked like experiments in whether spaced-out DLC would bring players back, and it worked. Expect support for Splatoon for a long time!

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I really do hope so, you have to support a game for at least a year. I mean, come on. :P

TheSpeedyMouse

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheSpeedyMouse
The have said that they have updates PLANNED during summer, so there is still a chance for more free updates or some paid DLC. :)

BoTalksGames

Pro Squid
Content Team
NNID
BjFauble
Definitely. I think they'll finish up the DLC through the summer, then announce more DLC for Winter/Spring 2016, possibly paid DLC. After that NX will be prepping for launch so they'll probably just start focusing efforts on a sequel (if the game does well, which it likely will)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom