• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Post Your Inksona and Splatoon OCs!

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
...or Octosona or Squidsona or whatever you want to call it.

The -sona collection is derived from the word "persona" which is an aspect of oneself. In the sense of RP, these -sonas are are representation of ourselves in whatever fanworld we so choose! They can be a lot like us, or a little like us, but usually, they're a person we could relate to, or a person that we could find ourselves in the shoes of if we hopped to that other world.

In this case, the world is, of course, Splatoon!

OCs are "original characters," or those that are essentially made up characters. They don't need to necessarily be Inksonas, though--they can just be an interesting idea for a character that you would love to have in the Splatoon universe. Famous or no one, interesting or drab, it takes all kinds! ...though people tend to lean toward the flashier side of things. ;P

Here, feel free to post your Inksonas and/or OCs for discussion. I'll provide a template and leading questions and suggestions, however, whether you use it to the letter or not is up to you. Add to it! Subtract from it! Live it up, make some characters.

It's as good a place as any to begin. ;)

Name(s): [Whatever your Inksona is named; nicknamed; titled]
Race: [What are they? Inkling? Octoling? Anemone? Urchin? Jellyfish? Shrimp--there's a lot of them in this universe]
Appearance: [What do they look like? What do they wear often and why? Any defining features that make them stand out? Got art for them?]
Relations: [Family? Friends? Rivals? Enemies? Role models?]
Backstory: [What made your character who they are? Defining events and turning points? Where did they grow up? Who was important in their life? Where are they now? Why do they do what they do?]

Cuddlefish

Pro Squid
NNID
Anastas
Directly from the late "Why Is This Happening?" RP:

Inkling's Name:
Sophia Latimanus
Inkling's Main Weapon Used for Turf Wars:
New Squiffer and Custom E-Liter 3K
Eye Color:
Brown
Hair Color:
Is sticking to a single hair color even possible?
Hairstyle:
Six arms make up her bangs, which reach down to her eyebrows, and the two arms framing her face form a low bob. Her hair is shorter in the back, with a wavy fin instead of more arms.
Clothing:
Retro Specs, School Uniform, and Cream Hi-Tops.
Personality:
Prefers Tower Control to Turf Wars and Turf Wars to Splat Zones. A bit of a wallflower that knows everybody, though few people know her. She loves to strike up conversation with anyone and everyone, but takes on more of a listener role and rarely leaves much of a lasting impression beyond her odd choice to wear a school uniform outside of school (she's not particularly studious, she just thinks it's a cute look). She's very polite and respectful to everyone regardless of their style, up until you try to tell her what to do, at which point she becomes as stubborn as a mule and a bit unnecessarily rude to boot. Never swears (though she knows all the words); she is extremely lewd in mind though never speaks a word that'd clue people in to this fact. She's farsighted, and often misses things right in front of her. Has a taste for shrimp.
Special Features:
She appears to have freckles, but really she's just manipulating her chromatophores to look that way. She sometimes forgets to even show them.
Inkling's Gender:
Female
General Hobbies:
Eavesdropping, staring off into the distance (either in wild imagination or just to keep her eyes sharp), and singing (privately; she's not very good).

One thing I'd like to add is...
Race: She's totally a cuttlefish, but it's not too much of a stretch to rework her into being a squid if that's what the RP calls for.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@Cuddlefish Sophia sounds interesting--it's not often you get a cuttlefish after all. ;)

Why does she take on more of a listener role in conversations? Does she just want to know everyone? Does anyone listen to her when she has issues? :?

Last edited:

Cuddlefish

Pro Squid
NNID
Anastas
The idea is that there's not really any major event in her life that would've formed who she is now, making her a bit more open to find one by joining in on whatever shenanigans are happening each RP. Who she is so far has just been formed by her core nature, which has led to her, so far, being satisfied watching the life events of other people from the sidelines.

As for directly answering your questions: Because she finds others more interesting than herself. Yes. You assume she healthily airs her issues whenever she has them.

It's interesting what you learn about your characters when people probe you for more details. I may have not written everything down that I just thought of right now; gotta save some stuff to explore during an RP. :p

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Hehehe, that's fair. Maybe I should make a thread for potential RP ideas, because as far as things go, I only want to run one RP at a time. :P

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Taken from my application for Inkopolis Underground. I guess I'd like to become moderately involved over here.

Name: Kbot
Race: Inkling
Appearance: Typical Inkling Boy hairstyle, etc. Slightly Tan (I think it's either game skin tone 2 or 3 off the top of my head.)
Clothing: Retro Specs and/or Squidvaider Cap, Black or White Anchor Tee, Yellow Seahorses
Family: Unknown/Forgotten
Friends: Other IU members, obvi.
Weapons: (in no particular order) N-Zap 85, Splash-o-matic, (Custom/Regular) Splattershot Jr, Areospray RG/MG, L-3 Nozlenose, Krack-on Splat Roller, Carbon Roller, Heavy Splatling.
Personality: Kbot will take into consideration all factors when making choices and will choose his best possible option, pre-match with weapon selection and during a match with where to go and what role to take on. He likes to be prepared for everything.
Background: As a young squid, Thomas was always tactical. He was excellent in school, and doesn't really remember much else from his early years, besides that he had grew up in a suburb just a train ride away from Inkopolis. He had a gift when it came to technology, and frequently helps people with their squid phones. This was where he got his nickname. Tbot didn't exactly roll off the tongue, so he used his second favorite letter to make Kbot. This is what he goes by today. Kbot also likes researching where he came from, who his ancestors were, and the problems that may cause the downfall of current society.
It was not until recently that he got interested in the sport of Turf Wars. He really enjoyed the sport, and started to look around the already thriving community for a group of people to hang out with. He eventually got around to playing some pointless games with some of the inklings who were also looking into the community, two of which were Xander and Mint. Kbot started picking up trends, like how those two always left at the same time, and the few people from Inkopolis who just disappeared every so often. He asked questions, and next thing he knew he was being shown down "The Squidhole" and in a decently sized group. They asked if he wanted to join. He agreed, but he also said that he was slightly limited to when he could help out.

He's been active in helping evolve the sports in Turf Wars, Splat Zones, and Tower Control by helping out with running tournaments and things of the such, although he has not been able to play recently. He's met a lot of new people doing so, and can recognize a few faces participating in the tournaments. He's been trying to help out wherever possible.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Interesting kind of person, this Kbot is. What are Xander and Mint like? Are they characters that you'll flesh out later? Or is this based on people that you know? What about Kbot's family--you said he likes to research his ancestors, but does that mean like biological origins of Inklings or like, his own family?

I'm also really interested in how this guy talks. Seems like the terse, but descriptive type. Basically, I'd love to see this guy in an RP. :P

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Interesting kind of person, this Kbot is. What are Xander and Mint like? Are they characters that you'll flesh out later? Or is this based on people that you know? What about Kbot's family--you said he likes to research his ancestors, but does that mean like biological origins of Inklings or like, his own family?

I'm also really interested in how this guy talks. Seems like the terse, but descriptive type. Basically, I'd love to see this guy in an RP. :p
Xander and Mint are their own inklings (Acutally created by @ZypkerGaming and @lonelyrollingsquid from Inkopolis Underground. Read their bios in this thread. They actually were in the Up vs Down games that I was playing at the time I was writing my IU application.)

Kbot is more interested in the inkling race as a whole, not his personal lineage. (Based on the fact that a friend and I made our own hypothesized timeline for the game, which you can find here. Sideways, but readable.)

Yeah, I'm new to the whole RP thing, so I'd like to get involved in one, but I'm not sure where to start. :P

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@KTKres Well, this is the starting point. I made an RP, but it's pretty much full-up right now. Until someone else steps up to the plate as another GM (because I certainly don't have the time for it) we'll need to wait and see. But before that happens, can't hurt to have people develop their character and discuss them here.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Okay, I'm gonna try.
Name: Parzival
Race:Inkling
Appearance: Long hair, tan skin
Clothing: Jungle hat, Any Jacket, Black Trainers
Family: Killed by Octolings
Friends: Only Inklings he trusts closely.
Weapons: Heavy Splatling, Splat Charger, Dual Sqeulcher
Personality: He is a strategist, taking time before doing an action, usually while his weapon in charging. He once set out to avenge his parents in Octo Valley, but they were already afraid of him, because there was an 'Agent 3" who captured their leader.
Background: Was very close with his parents before they died. When he was around 9, he met an Inkling named Pause. They became friends immediately. Soon, Pause and his squad would be the only ones he would trust. He often dreams of death, and going back to the sea, but doesn't dwell on it much. He also was introduced to Turf Wars by Pause, and he loved it. It was a way to let off all his anger without hurting anyone. Still, though he can be hotheaded at times, he is highly intelligent and thinks before acting. This is mostly due to the delay while his weapon is charging. But if you provoke him, he will rage and splat you. Most of the time you'll be the only one he splats out of anger. That is a strength, but also a weakness. Later on in the same year that he was introduced to Turf Wars, he met his squad. He moved up into Ranked Battles, but missed Pause. He left the squad and went back to playing for fun. He would still trust his squad, but not as closely as Pause.

That's it. sorry if it's really crappy, this is my first RP.

Last edited:

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@ThatSquidYouKnow Heh, that's fine! So, how were his parent's killed by Octolings? Like were they just some thugs? Was he old enough to remember? Who took care of him afterwards? Were they good guardians or bad?

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
@ThatSquidYouKnow Heh, that's fine! So, how were his parent's killed by Octolings? Like were they just some thugs? Was he old enough to remember? Who took care of him afterwards? Were they good guardians or bad?
I gues I didn't really go in depth huh? Lol, yeah, they were thugs no, he was like 3, and he lived by himself on the streets till he met Pause, and he took him in. So they're like brothers.

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
Well this looks like it could be good fun so I'm gonna make Inksona here!

Name: Ranae
Race: Sea Anemone
Appearance:
Ranae usually wears a colorful T-Shirt with a dark green hoodie and dark jeans aswell as accompanying a baby turtle in her hair named Torq.
Relations: Though not living in Inkopolis Ranae makes regular contact with her and family, she also has many friends she met in Inkopolis. Ranae looks up to Annie who runs the head gear shop like a living manifestation of God. She dresses similar and she even has a sea creature in her hair too!
Weapons: She owns a Splattershot Jr. yet having no knowledge on how it works, she has never entered a Ink battle since she isn't an Inkling but she doesn't care.
Personality: Ranae enjoys being with people and making jokes and try's to be friends with every race in Inkopolis and not just Anemone and Inklings, she enjoys messing about with friends and with her baby turtle on the streets of Inkopolis. All in all, she is a very outgoing and loving person.
Hobbies: She enjoys selling items of clothing on the streets of Inkopolis for relatively cheap prices, preferably hats and headbands. She has her own little business going!
Backstory: She grew up in a small town mostly inhabited by anemone but a few other races also lived there, she went to a school nearby where she spent most of her time. She was a great student scoring well in tests and being well behaved in classes. When she wasn't in school she was mostly outside playing with her jelly friend Jerry. As she grew up she read about an anemone named Annie living in Inkopolis who sold head gear, since she loved fashion at the time, Annie became her Role-Model very fast. When she was 13 Jerry moved away to Inkopolis leaving her with no good friends to play with. She spent most of her time becoming a fashion expert with the equipment her parents bought her for her thirteenth birthday. After a long time of being alone with her fashion she asked her parents if she could move to Inkopolis so she could meet Annie and talk to her friend again, they told her she could and the same day she was on her way to Inkopolis. On the way she found a tiny baby turtle with no parents to look after it, it looked it was struggling to stay alive out here. She took it and gave it a home in her hair, naming it Torq. Once she arrived in the bustling city of Inkopolis she made many new friends aswell as meeting Jerry again. She met Annie and was in complete shock seeing her in the flesh. That brings us up to now, living her life in the city of Inkopolis.

That took me awhile to write but I'm happy on how it turned out, thanks for reading. I'm excited to see how this turns out!

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
Well, I never really made an Inksona before. A few OCs, but not an Inksona. Guess it's time to do just that!

Name(s):
Nyron, although most call her Ron or Ronnie. A select few call her Nyx/Nyxin, but only her very close friends. Anyone else call her that and prepare for vampire action.
Race: Inkling
Appearance: Pilot Goggles, Firefin Navy Sweat, Pro Trail Boots. Preferred ink color is blue, eyes are blue as well. Hair style is default. Tip of clubs are red.
Relations: Nyron's only known family is her father. She's acquaintances with a lot of squidkids around town who claim to be her friend, but her closest friend would have to be Tech Quan, the only Inkling she really shared a connection with.
Backstory: Nyron isn't anything special (or, at least, she thinks she isn't). She lived with her father in a small apartment and never knew her mother. Her mother and father had both given her separate names, Nyxin and Nyron, but she only allows her close friends to call her Nyxin, which is the name she feels is more personal. When she turned 14, her father gave her some of his money to rent an apartment in Inkopolis until she participated in Turf Wars and earned her money that way. To be honest she doesn't actually participate in ink battles all that much, only when she needs to (like buying new clothes or paying her rent). A lot of different Inklings in Inkopolis started claiming to be her friend even though their only interactions with her were passing by hello's and asking how she was. She met Tech during a battle at Arowana Mall, and after they had a chat after (and sometimes during) the battle, Nyron formed a connection with him, the first she's ever had in a long time. They hung out a lot after that, and Tech evolved to be one of her closest friends. Now, she just hangs around Inkopolis with Tech, playing Turf Wars and one-v-oneing him in Hide and Seek.

T'is hard to write a history for a normal-ish character :p

Last edited:

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@Right Whale Interesting! I love to see different races on here. What was her community like? Does Ranae have an ideal brand she'd like to get into? Does she want to start her own brand? What is Jerry like? What were his dreams? :0

@VeryButter Why does she hold Nyxin closer? And which parent named her so? Who is Tech, and what is he like? Further, is Nyron's dad rich? Did her mother die or did they break up? Does Nyron know the reason why? In any case, it's good practice to write more normal characters. They're relatable to people. ;D

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
Well, why the heck not? :p When it comes to creating sonas based off me, though, I prefer to keep my bio vague to an extent.

Name: Daniel (My real name, too)
Species: Inkling
Appearance:

Humanoid: You can see it in my avatar and Miiverse pictures, but I'll be descriptive anyways. My skin is a light color. For my regularly-magenta-colored hair, I have two bangs shaped like the giant two tentacles on the sides of my head, with a parting on the right side of it, and my four smaller tentacles are long (to my waist) and wrapped in a ponytail. I have brown eyes, but I'll leave my images to describe my face shape. I wear goggles over my forehead with aqua outsides and white windows. My ears are angled upwards, rather than sideways like other Inklings.
Clothes vary, but are usually colorful. I wear a necklace with an aqua gem that I keep forgetting to draw in my Miiverse posts. A shirt I like to wear is a gridiron football jersey that is very obviously based off of the NFL's Pittsburgh Steelers, except with the numbers in Inkling. My legwear is usually only pants, and with the jersey, I wear white pants with an aqua stripe on the sides, plus aqua fingerless gloves, and my shoes are black with aqua and gold stripes.

Squid: My eyes look the same, I still wear my goggles, and the sides of my arrow-head are pointier and angled a little bit upwards.

Facts:
  • Usually empathetic
  • Tries ensuring that emotions do not effect judgement.
  • Usually cheerful
  • Likes to eat
  • Likes j-pop and j-rock music (whatever it's called nowadays in the squidiverse)
  • Watches sports
  • Sometimes lazy, but tries to fight through it most of the time
  • Occasionally mistaken for a female due to hairstyle
  • Loves adorable things
  • Bothered whenever someone confidently expresses an opinion based off of incorrect logic and is stubborn about their logic to the point that Daniel will argue about what reasoning is truly alright and what is not
And that's what I've got. :p Again, since it's based off me, I prefer a vague bio.

Last edited:

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
Why does she hold Nyxin closer? And which parent named her so? Who is Tech, and what is he like? Further, is Nyron's dad rich? Did her mother die or did they break up? Does Nyron know the reason why? In any case, it's good practice to write more normal characters. They're relatable to people. ;D
dat probing tho.

Well, she doesn't really hold Nyxin close; she just finds it very personal for someone to call her that because it was the name her mother gave her. I should have worded that better :P
Techles? Well... he's a close friend of mine, and it's really hard to anger him, and he's understanding. I honestly can't go into more detail without him speaking himself, and I'm trying to get him over here :P
No, he is not rich. He has a LOT of money from when he actually played Turf Wars though, and is very frugal with it, so...actually, I guess he is rich.
They broke up, and Ronnie's mother moved very far away from her father. Definitely on a different continent. And no, Ronnie does not know why. Neither does her father. NOBODY KNOWS~

I'm gonna make some edits clarifying as much as I can, but still keep it the same.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@VeryButter Yeah, I guess you could call it probing. :P

I just want to start discussion about characters... community building and all that, you know? I feel like, at the moment, I'm the most experienced in the area and want to get people all involved. :D

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
@Right Whale Interesting! I love to see different races on here. What was her community like? Does Ranae have an ideal brand she'd like to get into? Does she want to start her own brand? What is Jerry like? What were his dreams? :0
Jerry was quite the pessimist, yet quite happy most of the time. His dreams we're to work in Inkopolis Tower. Ranae loves most brands, but, she has a soft spot for Rockenberg and Firefin.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@Right Whale So, did Jerry get to work in inkopolis tower? Or did Ranae just lose track of him? Does Ranae make her own clothes, by the way--you seem to imply to, but I'm curious nonetheless. Also, does she live on her own earned money? Or does she live mostly on her parents' income? Does she have any roommates?

@DarkGold777 I have to ask... are you often mistaken for a girl? xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom