• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Practical uses for Quick Respawn?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I've been testing with Quick Respawn in private battles with Ansible, and the results aren't promising.

First off, it does not lower respawn time for your first splat in a match, ever. That first death always has the full penalty. Quick Respawn activates only if you are splatted twice in a row, or more, without ever killing an opponent. If you kill an opponent at any point, it deactivates until you die twice without splatting anyone. We waited 15, 30, and even 90 seconds before splatting me after I had splatted, and the result was the same, no QR.

Sooooooooo, the ability only comes into play if you either die repeatedly or don't take out any opponents. That seems incredibly limited. Does anyone have thoughts on how to use this practically now? I'm struggling to come up with ideas, I suppose it could be used for tower riding or rainmaker hustles but that's a pretty easy tactic to counter. I know it needed nerfing but this almost makes it a waste.

Last edited:

BackwardCap

The Ink Brush Samurai
NNID
BackwardCap
It might be for passive players who don't kill and purely go through a match only covering turf. You'd mostly be running into the enemy spawn location over and over and be a distraction forcing the opposition to focus on their own turf instead of the middle contested location to allow your team to move up and take control.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
It might be for passive players who don't kill and purely go through a match only covering turf. You'd mostly be running into the enemy spawn location over and over and be a distraction forcing the opposition to focus on their own turf instead of the middle contested location to allow your team to move up and take control.
I guess I can see the logic in that, but that would only really work in Turf War, and not splatting opponents when the opportunity arises is counter-productive.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
On one hand, it's sad to see the ability nearly useless, but at the same time, I really got sick of people stacking it so much in Splatoon 1. Maybe it could be tweaked a bit in the future, but at the moment I can't say I mind its current incarnation.

It doesn't help that this game seems to prioritize getting players into battle more and more from what I can tell. There really isn't much room to passively cover turf in some remote part of the map in this game with the maps we have so far.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
On one hand, it's sad to see the ability nearly useless, but at the same time, I really got sick of people stacking it so much in Splatoon 1. Maybe it could be tweaked a bit in the future, but at the moment I can't say I mind its current incarnation.

It doesn't help that this game seems to prioritize getting players into battle more and more from what I can tell. There really isn't much room to passively cover turf in some remote part of the map in this game with the maps we have so far.
Even if you don't like an aspect of the game, it shouldn't be so weak as to be discounted by the majority of players. The first game had plenty of that problem and I hope there's less of it this time.

You're right about the map design though.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
The way I see it, the ability is not intended to be used practically by more experienced players. It is just an ability meant for newer players, to make the game less punishing for them. And as it was mentioned before, the maps are designed to encourage more confrontation, so you are gonna end up splatting someone eventually, whether it is by accident or not, thus resetting the ability.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
The way I see it, the ability is not intended to be used practically by more experienced players. It is just an ability meant for newer players, to make the game less punishing for them. And as it was mentioned before, the maps are designed to encourage more confrontation, so you are gonna end up splatting someone eventually, whether it is by accident or not, thus resetting the ability.
You might be right. I just wish that didn't render the entire Skalop line less desirable. Eh!

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Wow, that looks bad. If that's the case then it's practically a wasted slot. It would be more fair if it would trigger if you die w/o making a kill, but if this would be the case it sounds like raw garbage.
It wouldn't surprise me if it got buffed in the next few patches.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
I would say for players that solely support.
But even so you practically need to avoid splatting enemy`s and thus every encounter with them, wich is pretty bad/stupid.

MAYBE, when your in a team and have tactic where a quik respawn user inks/support like crazy and someone `gets` his/her splats, i could have some competitive use.
But eh, the hassle wouldn't be worth the reward anyway.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Had an idea we (anyone) can probably try. Might need three people for it.

I'm curious how well the updated Quick Respawn can counter Respawn Punisher. Kinda like how Splatoon 1's meta at one point was location spamming vs cold-blooded. But I'm hearing that Respawn Punisher is rather meh, so testing it probably isn't a big necessity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom