• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Private Battle Custom Option: Chaos Mode

Claus

Full Squid
NNID
Bluevisionist
So, this thought just came to me randomly while daydreaming during my studies, a sub-variation of current game modes in Splatoon.

So, you've gotten together with friends in Private Battle and you're all set to go, you've picked a stage and chosen the game mode. But then you notice a new option below the game mode type: A small check box that says Chaos Mode. Out of sheer curiosity you check this box just to see what it does. You sort the teams out and you equip your weapons and gear, you're all ready to go!

So what did Chaos Mode do, exactly?

Well, as the map loads you notice little black suitcases scattered all over the map, not unlike the ones containing armour in the story mode of Splatoon, except these suitcases have question marks painted all over them, you also notice golden suitcases places in hard to reach areas or in the dead centre of the map. The game begins, and your team of four spray ink everywhere to ink a path up to the Rainmaker, however you notice you're out of ink. No biggie, just dip in the ink and-

oh?

Your ink isn't refilling... how odd... You notice your teammates unable to shoot ink or recharge their ink too. Eyeing one of those odd containers, you guide your squiddy self over to it and collect it. Suddenly, your weapon gets replaced by an entirely different one! And the tank has been refilled! Marvellous! Your teammates observe you and follow suit. You realise what this mode is all about, and your team pushes onward toward the Rainmaker...

PHEW!

So yeah, this is my idea for a variation of game modes in Splatoon called:

Chaos Mode!

So, the features of this modification is as follows:

• Ink tanks are increased by x1.5
  • Ink tanks do not refill automatically, whether through swimming in ink or otherwise
  • When a weapon runs out of ink, it is rendered useless.
  • New weapons can be collected through pickups and completely refill ink tanks (weapons collected from pickups are completely random, there is no way of telling!)
  • Specials are disabled for all weapons by default
  • Golden Pickups give a weapon a random special, (bubbler on a roller anyone?) But these golden pickups can only be found in hard to reach areas or areas where there is likely to be a lot of action going on.
  • When a Golden Pickup has been collected, the special will start filling up slowly similar to Tenacity but a bit faster
  • Used Specials do not refill ink tanks
  • Subs can be used freely as long as the current ink supply allows it.

The best part about this is that theoretically, it's compatible with every game mode! The reason I suggested this as a private battle option only however is because I don't know how it can be implemented in pubs without it peeving a lot of people off, even in regular battles.

Still, I think this kind of idea could have a lot of potential and I would like to hear your guys thoughts on it!

(This is my first ever thread so if I did something wrong please don't kill me, I have a wife and two squids)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom