• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Pro-controller Camera Stick Antics? Try Replacing Joysticks

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
Recently when playing Splatoon 2 my brother noticed the camera controls (or right joystick) was a bit stiffer and didn't move as freely as the other one. It also squeaked (or made some weird creaking noises). Also it seemed to make movements or detect inputs that weren't there (like shifting the camera a bit, or not moving when we told it to). We decided to order some replacement joysticks off eBay and that seems to have now fixed the problems. Just wanted people to be aware that you should be careful calling something a glitch or weird antics when it might really just be your joysticks not working properly and you should replace them.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
Recently my controller hasn't been responding right in online battles. The motion controls and right stick will seem to lock for a split second and it makes it incredibly difficult to aim. I tried to do some testing by increasing my control sensitivity and doing some stuff in the test range and octo valley and there were no issues there. I don't know if anybody else has this issue, but it happened in the past and then went away for a while, so some controller "glitches" might be related to that somehow, maybe. I use the joycons.
I also didn't want to start a new thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom