1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Probability of getting the same three sub abilities on a piece of clothing?

Discussion in 'Competitive Discussion' started by nick2427, Jul 2, 2015.

1. nick2427

nick2427 Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    CM86
    In particular, I am talking about getting sub abilities with a 5x chance. I will use the neon sea slugs as an example. They have a 5x chance of getting ink recovery up as a sub ability. What is the probability of re rolling my sub abilities in the neon sea slugs and getting three ink recovery ups?

2. The Claw

The Claw Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    mariomario494949
    I'm making an estimate of a 1.7 chance, which is still pretty good.

3. ndayadn

ndayadn yeah

NNID:
    Seabass
    Whatever the chance of getting the ability is multiplied by three. I'm not sure of the exact value. It is going to be a percent/decimal, and just multiply that by 3.

4. Xeiros

Xeiros Senior Squid

kmoonforest likes this.
  5. Feryn Hyrk

Feryn Hyrk Full Squid

I saw a Firefin hat in the plza with 3 swim speed ups on the subs, so the huge amount of players into splatoon + natural selection and spread of good equipment trough the plaza and Spyke ordering will work greatly in increasing the odds.

Needles to say I ordered the hat, I reallly hope Spyke can get it with intact!

6. KnightMB

KnightMB Senior Squid

NNID:
    KnightMB
    When ordering gear with Spyke, do all the sub abilities come with the order exactly as you saw on the other player?

Edit, checked this link http://splatoon.wikia.com/wiki/Spyke and the higher your level, the more likely it will be an exact match for what you wanted. Cool.

7. Ikieri

Ikieri Pro Squid

NNID:
    Mendozaz
    So gear with 3 of it's undesired ability is basically the equivalent to a shiny, huh...
    GOTTA BUY THEM ALL!!

MuteBard likes this.
  8. KnightMB

KnightMB Senior Squid

NNID:
    KnightMB
    I just tested out a Spyke order from another player and it only came with the main ability and one of the sub-abilities. The others were left to the ? which I guess means the item would have to be leveled up. I queued up 3 orders of similar items, so if any of them come back with more than one match sub-ability I'll be sure to chime in here. Otherwise, it only looks like you can get match items with one matching sub-ability so far.

9. Phobos

Phobos Inkling Commander

How much cash did you have on hand? Since Spyke charges 100000 for a piece of gear with three unlocked subs, if you don't have at least that much in the kitty then it's possible (not confirmed) that it's more likely to arrive with blank slots.

10. SquiddiamFancyson

SquiddiamFancyson Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    DowntownMountain
    You're correct about how much he charges but perfect gear can come regardless of the amount of cash you have. It's just a random chance, there's no confirmed data at the moment.

@KnightMB it could have come perfect, you were just unlucky. If they have two perfect slots though it's worth paying 30k for the final one though since you have a 30% chance of getting what you want. Its harder to reroll gear with all 3 slots unlocked with different things as you need 30% three times in a row rather than the isolated chance of a gear with two slots already rolled.

11. KnightMB

KnightMB Senior Squid

NNID:
    KnightMB
    Don't let my wife see this :)
    squid_cash.jpg

Phobos likes this.
  12. KnightMB

KnightMB Senior Squid

NNID:
    KnightMB
    Thanks, I read that others have gotten good exact copies, so as you said bad luck, not a limitation of the order feature as I initially thought.

13. Pareto

Pareto Semi-Pro Squid

NNID:
    PlusTB
    In any given scenario, if there is a 30% chance of getting what you want based on a favorable brand, then the probability of three of those sub-abilities in a row is 2.7%. Of course, no one is just going to spin it once so:

12.79% chance of accomplishing it within 5 tries (150k or 5 snails)
    23.94% chance of accomplishing it within 10 tries (300k or 10 snails)
    33.67% chance of accomplishing it within 15 tries (450k or 15 snails)
    42.16% chance of accomplishing it within 20 tries (600k or 20 snails)
    56.00% chance of accomplishing it within 30 tries (900k or 30 snails)

44 tries will net you a 70% chance but golly...that cost...

14. Feryn Hyrk

Feryn Hyrk Full Squid

I used all my sea slugs to increase slots, all but the last one wich I tried to rerroll my rockenberg stealth jump cherry kicks... it got worse, but I had some cash left and decided to reroll a second time and I got it perfect with all 3 run speeds.

So I'd advice you to follow your dreams guys.

15. Mrwhatzitooya

Mrwhatzitooya Pro Squid

So far my rerolls have been absolutely terrible xD I'm going to have to keep going, but man is it costly!

Does anyone know where i could find a list of the favourable abilities for each brand?

16. Njok

Njok Bouncer

17. Mrwhatzitooya

Mrwhatzitooya Pro Squid

18. Njok

Njok Bouncer

And don't forget to post it in that thread to help your fellow squids out once you do get those awesome clothes :p

19. Mrwhatzitooya

Mrwhatzitooya Pro Squid

Definitely! It seems like a great way to help everyone out! Might take me a while though xD The best i've got so far is Fake Contacts with x2 Special Charge Up.

Hoping to get some better results soon! :p

20. Njok

Njok Bouncer

Yeah same here. I estimate that about 12 generations of Spyke's offspring will live comfortably from what i spend at that dude :D

Mrwhatzitooya likes this.