• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Promotional Splatfest Video Released: New Information On Splatfests!

If you weren't excited enough for the first ever Splatfest in Japan, here's something else to keep things fresh until it begins! A pre-Splatfest video has been released featuring music from Squid Sisters; Callie and Marie. The video shows off what look to be new maps, shows how Inkopolis and stages look at night, give previews of Splatfest shirts for the three currently announced upcoming Splatfests, and more!

"We have released the PV for the upcoming Splatfest this weekend. We want the fishes and flounder...no wait, squids and jellyfish to dance lively. The song, paradise is where the heavens sing and you listen, but everyone may know it as "Salted fish (entrails) time."
- SplatoonJP (Thanks to PushDustin for the Tweet Translation!)

There is currently no information as to if what looks to be new stages will be coming to the game alongside the patches. The original Tweet announcing the video can be found here. For more information keep tuned in to Squidboards and be sure to stay fresh!

Edit: More exciting news! It seems we know the loyalties of the Squid Sisters in the Rice vs Bread debate. Callie seems to prefer Rice, and Marie looks to prefer bread. But while the sisters may have their preferences, in the end the freshest players will decide!

Last edited:

Comments

Looks interesting. I spotted both bluefin depot and kelp dome, which were featured in singleplayer, but I'm not sure we've seen the map where the inkling was walking up the ramp (It looked very urban). I like the idea of fighting at dusk, and it looks pretty cool. Can't say I'm a fan of increased focus on the squid sisters, except for that glorious song.

Reactions: Jet
NEW MAPS I SEE. NEWER THAN ONES WE KNOW OF I SEE. THE HYPE IS REAL I SEE. I CAN SEE EVERYTHING. like srsly my eyes actually hurt, i need a doctor

Honestly I'm more hyped for the nighttime maps. Even with the same layout, the atmosphere makes it seem like a new map. Will probably freshen up our current 6 maps to feel more new.

Still hoping for that day/night cycle to happen someday so we can play Splatoon @ Nite when a Splatfest isn't occurring.
although I kind of want this also, it would take away from the splatfest experience and make it seem not as amazing

edit: BTW does anyone know what that giant yellow orb is @ 56 sec in the video? Is that a custom blaster shot or a zapfish?

This looks so hype!

it looks like the entire plaza is lit up with miiverse posts. That'll be so cool, haha

Definitely looking forward to future Splat fests! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom