• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Proudest Splatoon moments?

bagelcubed

Inkling
NNID
bageltrademark
This sort of thread has probably been created before but I couldn't see one, so I've just gone ahead and created this one. This focuses on sharing stories and experiences, idk if there are others more based on just splat ratios.

I'd love to hear what other people have experienced; from wild S+ firefights to managing to start a squidparty with a lobby of hardcore splat-hungry squids, we've all had something we're proud of!
Honestly, I love how positive (most of) the community is on a whole, and I'd just like to celebrate our greatest moments together.
If you've got more than one thing then don't hold back- I've got a few things myself so I'm not one to judge if you wanna hold onto the spotlight a little longer ;)

So for me I think my proudest moment of all was when I was accidentally James Bond smooth using the Kelp Splatterscope on Mahi-Mahi Resort, Rainmaker.
I'd gone in just hoping for the best, and came out with around 22/11 if I remember correctly, winning the game. I stayed in the lobby since I was happy with my teammates, and the next match started up- same map, and nearly everyone stayed.
Here's where things get interesting; on my team was the charger from the previous match, the one that I kept splatting before they could snipe anyone (they were standing in some bad spots and my focus was wiping the enemy so we could push).
So I'm assuming they must've been pretty darn salty over their loss, especially over how I got them so many times, because once the match started, they immediately stood right in front of me, firing uncharged shots in my face. No jokes here, they were THAT salty that they were doing this crap in a RANKED MATCH.
I stood there for about 5 seconds, just watching them, before moving to the side and firing a charged shot to reach that raised part of base that overlooks mid. From there, I took out 3 of the other team, one shot each, getting a triple. Then, I burst the rainmaker's shield and gracefully hopped over and took it, going solo and reaching the 34 mark. Now I'm pretty sure the charger had followed me and must've witnessed this, and I just wish there was voice chat for that one match to hear the salty disbelief in their voice.

Other achievements are probably being the muscle of a match as a Kelp splat charger, even when we had a Carbon Roller and a Luna Blaster Neo on our side. I kept them all in their base while the others rode tower, and got my first quad in the process. I also ranked up from B+ 22 to A 72 in 3 days which made me happy, and 22/3 is my best score as the Kelp Splat Charger (TC obviously).​

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I don't like being that squid, but we do have two of these already xP

One for climbing Mt. Inkverest stories ~ http://squidboards.com/threads/the-bragging-thread.1567/

And another for everyday victories ~ http://squidboards.com/threads/the-bragging-thread.1567/

In an attempt to not be a complete debbie-downer, I'll throw in another tale of tom-foolery in the spirit of the thread.

My First Kraken Kill

Once upon a time there was a custom range blaster, he was pretty great! He hopped and he bopped squids until they popped with his boom boom gun. If they got close they got KRAKENTOTHEFACEMWAHHAHAH gitgoodm8.

I met this blaster one fine day on triggerfish splat zones, he was quite a fright. "He keeps wiping my team, is there nothing to help our plight?" Then it came to me, with a *ding* in my head! "Why not blast him with THIS instead?"

The blaster was stunned, as he charged from the side. It was a killer wail! Hammering him backwards through his own trail, and pushed off the edge, to be eaten by the tide.

He tried this again... same result.
What a dult.

Last edited:

bagelcubed

Inkling
NNID
bageltrademark
Haha no thanks dude, I'm still pretty new here so I don't know where all the more set threads are ^^;

lone

Inkster Jr.
NNID
loneotaku
Switch Friend Code
SW-1901-5583-6414
Maybe not my //proudest// per se, but today I had a moment that made me actually audibly say "Wow".

I was using a Splatterscope on Camp Triggerfish, which is my favorite map, but also my favorite place to snipe. I usually stay on the meshed bridge area in the middle and shoot anyone who tries to pass me.
Well, after a minute of that, I didn't realize how close I was to the edge and fell to my death.
When I respawned, two squids had already gotten into our base and were splatting my teammates.
I got down, took down one with a bomb, then had an intense close quarters battle with the other that involved a lot of hiding and half-baked shots-- eventually, that one goes down.
However, the OTHER teammates came by and were soon approaching, and, like a scene that could only happen in Metal Gear Solid, I spun, shot the one coming from behind me, then spun and shot the other one coming in front of me.

It was the most intense moment I've had in a while.

//BTW, welcome to the boards :^)

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
The now three times I managed to take down all four members of the other team within the span of about 30 seconds or so. Or getting two kills at once with an inkstrike, which I swear happens more than I get a single strike kill. >.>

But yeah, the bragging thread will have all the stories of past triumphs you will ever need.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Just when I've gotten first on winning team, that feels nice. Nothing really amazingly notable.

chrisbg99

Inkster Jr.
NNID
chrisbg99
Those times where my team is down from the beginning 3 on 4 and we win. And especially if we win decisively.

iceage99

Midna Advocate
NNID
iceage99
Switch Friend Code
SW-5433-4841-6709
For me one of my proudest moments was when I splatted the entire enemy team in less than 10 seconds with my Heavy Splatling in Ranked. It was Rainmaker on the Camp Triggerfish map. Basically the whole team was in the narrow space just before the Rainmaker goal and I just got them all in a row.

D

Deleted Member

I had one game where I did trick shots with the scatter shot scope and I somehow ended up having the most kills and winning. That's the only time I felt so proud of myself playing cause when I'm being goofy/serious, things happen.

Splatting someone using a luna blaster rolling with heaps of damage ups and a gold dynamo/carbon roller rolling with heaps of ink sub and damage ups is always a great moment, especially when you're up against it vs them from the start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom