• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Purpose of Squad Social

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Hey, squids! Just your friendly neighbor Squidboards Moderator here.

Recently, a lot of people have been showing interest in the competitive scene on this forum in particular by asking for squads that are recruiting, and that's great! However, Squad Social isn't the place to do that.

You see, Squad Social is meant for squads to create posts detailing some accomplishments of their squad, their current roster, and where else you can find them. It is not the place for finding and starting new squads!

So, if you're looking for a squad, please head over to the Squid Locator forum and make a post there, or see what other squads are currently recruiting. If you're bold enough, you can even get in contact with other free agents and make your own squad together!

If you're a squad that's looking to recruit, also take a peek over there and see free agents. You can also make a post yourself detailing what your squad is all about and wait for new members to apply to you.

Unfortunately, this forum has been overrun with these sorts of posts and it has been very tedious to move them over to Squid Locator. We'll hopefully get this cleaned up in the near future. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation!

As always, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Happy Splatting, and Stay Fresh!

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
I understand, but why does it matter?
We're just looking to streamline the forums and make sure everyone's looking at the right forums for the correct items. You've got a better chance of finding other squids in the Squid Locator than you do here. That's the way the site was designed and what that other forum was designed for.

Maave

Inkling Commander
Can you clarify where casual locating/joining should go? Right now it sounds like SL is for competitive locating and SS is for casual discussion, but there's no specific place to post casual locating. Locator sticky says:
The sub is strongly focused on recruitment and as such any general squad discussion or more casual squads should be taken to Squad Social.

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Can you clarify where casual locating/joining should go? Right now it sounds like SL is for competitive locating and SS is for casual discussion, but there's no specific place to post casual locating. Locator sticky says:
If you'd like, you can find other people to play with on this post, and maybe get a group together to squad up from time to time!

MinatoAri

Inkling
NNID
GiovanniIsReal
If you'd like, you can find other people to play with on this post, and maybe get a group together to squad up from time to time!
What if we have an already formed casual squad though? I have my own group that we like to recruit for, but we aren't competitive.

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
What if we have an already formed casual squad though? I have my own group that we like to recruit for, but we aren't competitive.
OH, my bad, I thought we were talking about in-game pickup squads. You can also make a post on the Squid Locator boards stating that you're a more casual group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom