• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Quality of Life Improvments

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
What kind of minor update quality of life improvement would you want to have added to Splatoon 2?

And I do mean something on the minor side, so no entirely new mechanics or systems. Something that you'd realistically see if they suddenly decided to do a QoL update to the game.

One which I propose, is the ability to craft specific Ability Chunks using other chunks at Murch. This crafting would not be 1:1, it would be 5:1. You can use 5 of any chunk and trade them in for 1 Chunk of your choosing. 5:1 seems pretty fair without having it be too easy.

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
Skip intro, please? It sounds sort of ridiculous but often times I'll wait for the nearest salmon run shift to start playing just to avoid having to see the news reel twice, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who opts to play something else because of the unskippable 41 second news reel that provides no substantial information every time I boot up the game again. Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic flavor touch, but it stops being endearing after you've read the lines multiple times and just want to start playing the game.

I agree with that. Crafting ability chunks at a 5:1 ratio seems pretty reasonable, and to add onto that: can we finally buy rerolls and slots? As it stands, I either have maxed out cash at all times or have to do very tedious time management to maximize my potential ability chunk earnings.

Sir Ngyes

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Simple234
In the square, you can see a map of Moray Towers on one of the tables. I think it would be cool if maps for the other stages appeared there!

Cephalobro

What I want to see are companions to player characters in the lobby. I'm honestly surprised that kind of thing hasn't happened yet. With a game that's supposed to give you the idea of many different species living in one big place, it sure doesn't look like it.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Make Rerolling have both an option for Super Sea Snails or 30000p. Give us place to sink coins since as it is, scrubbing slots is really the only coin sink.

Additionally, give us another coin sink, a vending machine, just like the one with Octo Expansion, except for coins instead of credits. Costs 20000p and gives you a singular drink ticket with a small chance for get 3 ability chunks, no chance for a jackpot or other higher rewards.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

I actually want to see an apartment feature, I think it would be cool to see both of your playable avatars in it at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom