1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Quality of Life Improvments

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by Gameboy224, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Gameboy224

Gameboy224 Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Gameboy224
    What kind of minor update quality of life improvement would you want to have added to Splatoon 2?

And I do mean something on the minor side, so no entirely new mechanics or systems. Something that you'd realistically see if they suddenly decided to do a QoL update to the game.

One which I propose, is the ability to craft specific Ability Chunks using other chunks at Murch. This crafting would not be 1:1, it would be 5:1. You can use 5 of any chunk and trade them in for 1 Chunk of your choosing. 5:1 seems pretty fair without having it be too easy.

Forma likes this.
  2. Forma

Forma Full Squid

NNID:
    Forma1
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3994-7331-0318
    Skip intro, please? It sounds sort of ridiculous but often times I'll wait for the nearest salmon run shift to start playing just to avoid having to see the news reel twice, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who opts to play something else because of the unskippable 41 second news reel that provides no substantial information every time I boot up the game again. Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic flavor touch, but it stops being endearing after you've read the lines multiple times and just want to start playing the game.

I agree with that. Crafting ability chunks at a 5:1 ratio seems pretty reasonable, and to add onto that: can we finally buy rerolls and slots? As it stands, I either have maxed out cash at all times or have to do very tedious time management to maximize my potential ability chunk earnings.

banyochan likes this.
  3. Sir Ngyes

Sir Ngyes Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Simple234
    In the square, you can see a map of Moray Towers on one of the tables. I think it would be cool if maps for the other stages appeared there!

4. Cephalobro

Cephalobro Inkling Fleet Admiral

What I want to see are companions to player characters in the lobby. I'm honestly surprised that kind of thing hasn't happened yet. With a game that's supposed to give you the idea of many different species living in one big place, it sure doesn't look like it.

5. ttv woomy(pepsi)

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3644-5976-0494
    something simple like being able to idk see your friends in the plaza

6. Gameboy224

Gameboy224 Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Gameboy224
    Make Rerolling have both an option for Super Sea Snails or 30000p. Give us place to sink coins since as it is, scrubbing slots is really the only coin sink.

Additionally, give us another coin sink, a vending machine, just like the one with Octo Expansion, except for coins instead of credits. Costs 20000p and gives you a singular drink ticket with a small chance for get 3 ability chunks, no chance for a jackpot or other higher rewards.

#6 Gameboy224, Nov 30, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    Forma likes this.
  7. Cephalobro

Cephalobro Inkling Fleet Admiral

I actually want to see an apartment feature, I think it would be cool to see both of your playable avatars in it at the same time.