• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Question about Splatoon Squads

Xon Suprimes

Senior Squid
Are we going to do that thing where people put an abbreviation of their squad in front of their IGN?
example: SQUAD | PlayerNameHere
I'm just wondering. I really like that feature of Smash crews, being able to show off that you are part of a crew.

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
What we could maybe do is have a mii name set to the clans name or its tag, and use it whenever we do a clan match. This way we could keep players organized. This might not be necessary however since a game like splatoon is based completely off team play while smash crew battles are 1v1, having every member of a team choose a side

Actilide

Inkling Cadet
Hopefully we will have in game clans like COD with their Clan Name system

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I would definitely like it, it seems to be pretty common in FPS games but I don't think it's too likely to happen in Splatoon.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I am only putting the squad name in from of my if it is something short. If it is like xXxXHardcoreSquidsXxXx... Nope, no way :p But then again, who would join such squad?

Oni

Full Squid
[QUOTE="Reila, post: 6618, member: 750"xXxXHardcoreSquidsXxXx... But then again, who would join such squad?[/QUOTE]
one of the many many young kids who will be playing this game like it's call of duty and want to be L33T'

I miss :troll: . . .

Lyn

Premium
[cough] They do this in Smash Bros, which isn't even an FPS. [/cough]
Where does this happen in Smash? Do you mean custom names? Or the tags at tourneys, because those aren't in the game..

Xon Suprimes

Senior Squid
Where does this happen in Smash? Do you mean custom names? Or the tags at tourneys, because those aren't in the game..
[COUGH] Liquid`Hungrybox, C9 | MaNg0, EG | PPMD [/COUGH]
Those are just 3 well-known Smash players who are part of a crew. There are a lot more.
EDIT: Also, people don't just use these tags at tourneys. I'm pretty sure there's players who create a new Twitter account whenever they join a new crew.

Lyn

Premium
[COUGH] Liquid`Hungrybox, C9 | MaNg0, EG | PPMD [/COUGH]
Those are just 3 well-known Smash players who are part of a crew. There are a lot more.
EDIT: Also, people don't just use these tags at tourneys. I'm pretty sure there's players who create a new Twitter account whenever they join a new crew.
I see. That's not actually implemented in the game though unfortunately if that's what you want for Splatoon.

Undr

Those aren't "Crews", they're paid sponsorships. Liquid, Cloud 9, Mortality, ect...

Xon Suprimes

Senior Squid
Those aren't "Crews", they're paid sponsorships. Liquid, Cloud 9, Mortality, ect...
ayyy
Anyways, whenever I play in online Smash Challonge tournaments, I usually see people with their crew abbreviation in front of their name.

Icedise

The Savage Squid
NNID
IceDise
Those are indeed crews. Sponsorships are an entirely different matter. All big eSports teams have their own sponsors, and in C9 case they have companies such as Logitech, BenQ, HyperX, Alienware and the list goes on.

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
Sure, assuming it's a small tag and I can actually edit it whenever I want. If I can't edit it, I suppose it doesn't matter because you'd probably be on the same team as your squad anyway, but I suppose it could be neat if you're going online with it against randoms or something. People might recognise you, or be intrigued and find their way here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom