• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Quick Respawn effectiveness

RossoFinale

Inkling
NNID
RossoFinale
Switch Friend Code
SW-2919-1876-4477
Just a quick (hehe) question involving Quick Respawn. I dunno what compelled me to make a set involving this ability but I figured I should give this ability a try at least for one piece of clothing.

I get how this ability works but I'm unsure with how it works the first time. For the first time you get splatted (without splatting anyone), this ability doesn't activate. But after being splatted for the first time in that match, every splat after that one you receive, it activates.

Is there a reason why that happens for the first splat you receive?

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Other than, "that's how it works?" No, not really. It's a buff for getting splatted "repeatedly" without splatting any opponents. Repeatedly, in this case, meaning twice.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
So I wasn't aware this worked differently than in Splatoon 1; I was under the impression that it always shortened the kill cam's duration, so thanks you pointing this out.

As it turns out, you only get a quicker respawn if you didn't kill anyone between your deaths (and suicides/environment hazards like water don't count as a death). This is designed to help people that are getting repeatedly outplayed, but it doesn't help people that play kamikaze roles, for example QR/SJ Luna Blaster from Splatoon 1 on Tower Control. In such a situation, you could stand near the tower and splat a bunch of people, die, quickly jump back undetected, wreak a bit of havoc, die, and repeat this process until you won. It was super annoying. With the new mechanic of requiring that you not achieve any kills between your deaths, QR won't be helping people that play this style, and thus this encourages people to actually apply some skill to their plays.

As an aside: You are correct that your first death won't receive a quicker respawn. All deaths after that have the no-kill requirement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom