• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2 Quick Respawn Viable?

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
I've been seeing QR on almost everyone in X Rank and I was wondering if it was even good.

Quick Respawn was tweaked in Splatoon 2 to only affect deaths that meet certain conditions.

For Quick Respawn to activate, the player must not splat an enemy during the time between the most recent enemy-caused death and the current death.

• The need for a previous death means that the first death in a match will never benefit from Quick Respawn. Every following death can benefit.
  • Being pushed into an environmental hazard by an enemy does not count as an enemy-caused death. If no enemy scores a confirmed splat, then the cause of death is indisputably not the enemy.
  • This is a complete list of death types that do not count as enemy-caused: drowning in water, falling out of bounds, touching the Rainmaker barrier repeatedly, having the Rainmaker barrier time out and explode while carrying it.
  • There can be any number of deaths between the most recent enemy-caused death and the current death. For example, a player dies once to an enemy, then five times to water, and then to an enemy. As long as the player in the example did not score any splats during the time between the first and second death to the enemy, Quick Respawn will activate.
  • Assists and suicides do not count as splats. A splat confirmation notification will show on the player's screen if they score a splat.
  • In scenarios where lives are traded, the activation of Quick Respawn depends on who died first. If the player throws a bomb that splats an opponent after the player dies, that splat prevents Quick Respawn from activating in next death, but allows it to activate for the current death.
The below diagram also outlines eligibility for Quick Respawn to activate. After activation, the player returns to an eligible or ineligible state depending on the circumstances of the death.

Last edited:

the

Inkling Commander
I’ve heard the argument that it’s a safety net for the fact that in high level play there are some dangerous plays that need to be made, and sometimes you will fail. I guess that makes sense, but my problem is that you would need to fail at making a dangerous play like twice, without killing anyone, to see an effect

So I’m personally not convinced. Of course I’m not in high ranks so take my criticisms with a grain of salt

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
How much QR are you seeing people run in X rank? I’ve heard/read that it has one of the highest rates of return on 1 sub, so it would make sense to see a lot of gear with an odd sub of QR, or are you seeing lots of people running pures?

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Mostly pures

Hiro Protagonest

Full Squid
Two subs is almost as good as one sub on the return rate, but of course everything's doubled. After that it seems to fall off more.

I don't run it because I'm confident in my ability to trade and win fights though. Also I feel like a specialized build with Stealth Jump is the best to take advantage of it, even though I run Comeback Quick Super Jump.

Reactions: the

Kyrushi

Inkling
NNID
Kyrushi
Switch Friend Code
SW-7919-9700-3881
I see why it's viable and popular, but I personally don't use it because I feel it's a waste of slots I could be using for mobility skills that make my chances at winning fights better. Instead I'll sometimes use Last Ditch Effort, as it includes Quick Respawn as part of its benefit as well as ink efficiency skills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom