• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Rank Skipping Data Pool

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
A lot of players would like to know precisely which factors affect rank-skipping and to what priority each is assigned.

Is anyone interested in contributing data (with picture proof a mandatory requirement) to a large data pool? This would help us by having concrete evidence from which to draw any conclusions from.

I wanted to make this a thread for data submissions, but usually people don’t want to do any work so the thread just dies. I’d rather gauge interest before starting such a project.

Reactions: LiX

LiX

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8003-1880-5821
Late reply after liking this, heh. Didn't have the time to write.

So, I really like the idea of a "data" collection regarding rank skips and I would happily contribute to it. I even played some Splat Zones the other day and filled the S+ bar twice while writing down the results as the tries looked promising, atleast expecting to skip numbers once but it didn't happen. A story I'd tell in the respective thread with the data I collected just for this.

But before you open up anything like this, don't be fooled that all we'll ever have is speculation. The data collected could only help getting closer to the actual truths, but it still will be speculation. Not as vague, but still speculation. Because it seems Nintendo has no interest in telling us how rank skips work.

Lastly, we'd need enough people to contribute, of course. Atleast 10 people, frequently writing about their skipping/non skipping. And that will be hard to get together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom