• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2 Rank "X" is ahead: Discussion thread

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
I don’t understand your logic at all sorry. If you lose 7 games during calculation and you get 1800 power, that’s supposed to mean the game has been tracking your power from the first Splatfest? What if you were just facing very difficult teams and so didn’t deserve too low of a power to start?

Furthermore, why would Splatfest power have anything to do with the upcoming X rank power? Let’s >>suppose<< League battle stored power levels from the start (note: it actually doesn’t), why would I then jump to the conclusion that X rank is gonna be the same? They’re different modes, just cuz they do it one way with one mode doesn’t mean it’s gonna be that way with a new mode.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
I don’t understand your logic at all sorry. If you lose 7 games during calculation and you get 1800 power, that’s supposed to mean the game has been tracking your power from the first Splatfest? What if you were just facing very difficult teams and so didn’t deserve too low of a power to start?

Furthermore, why would Splatfest power have anything to do with the upcoming X rank power? Let’s >>suppose<< League battle stored power levels from the start (note: it actually doesn’t), why would I then jump to the conclusion that X rank is gonna be the same? They’re different modes, just cuz they do it one way with one mode doesn’t mean it’s gonna be that way with a new mode.
The game has been tracking your power since the first splatfest, and in the next one it will put you in lobbies based off of where you ended after the last one (roughly). The way power level works is if you beat an easy team, your power goes up only a little whereas winning against a hard team it goes up a lot. So this also applies to losing. If you lose to a bunch of teams that have a power level way higher than yours, it will not affect you that much. If you lose against teams at or below your level that's where you start to really get hit. And about Splatfest power relating to ranked and league, I was just answering MotorGamer's question about splatfest power being your "normal power" implying ranked power level. The answer of course is no, and if you were also answering his question, then why because I already did and it's just a yes or no question. No need to make anyone feel stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom