• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Ranked Battle With Friends?

TheSpeedyMouse

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheSpeedyMouse
The Direct said that Regular Battle (Turf War) can be played with friends by joining them but what about Ranked Battle? What do you guys predict?

Infinity343018

Senior Squid
Maybe that might be in the update during August? There are going to be 2 new modes unlocked then, both in Ranked I believe

TheSpeedyMouse

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheSpeedyMouse
Maybe that might be in the update during August? There are going to be 2 new modes unlocked then, both in Ranked I believe
No those two modes will come out over the summer, the update then is the private lobbies. ;)

Inari

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlippingTables
I was under the impression that the team of 4 option in August would be for ranked. Other than that I didn't see any mention of a way to play with friends in ranked mode.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I don't know how this would work, but I definitely hope it's a feature.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
I am saying no Ranked Battles with friends so that a person with an A rank cannot join their C rank friend. And vice versa. Even if there was a system in which you could play with friends with a similar rank as yours, you still run into the risk of people throwing matches to lower their rank intentionally to play with their friends. (Even though they could just make a different Inkling, grind them to 10, and start their ranks over.)

So I am assuming it is going to be yolo solo queue until Aug. With friends is going to be for turf war, so I am curious if you could have all your friends in one turf war match.

EnderGamma

Senior Squid
NNID
EnderGamma
I honestly agree with @DAK075 with the fact that Ranked is more than likely Solo Queue. While I am a bit bummed with the lack of being able to play multiple games with a select team as most other shooters allow, this does provide the opportunity to meet new teammates you may want to eventually play with in the future when there ARE team-based playlists added. Without voice chat it's a bit hard, but I know even in silence you can make small one match friendships that may or may not carry over into future games.

TheSpeedyMouse

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheSpeedyMouse
I am saying no Ranked Battles with friends so that a person with an A rank cannot join their C rank friend. And vice versa. Even if there was a system in which you could play with friends with a similar rank as yours, you still run into the risk of people throwing matches to lower their rank intentionally to play with their friends. (Even though they could just make a different Inkling, grind them to 10, and start their ranks over.)

So I am assuming it is going to be yolo solo queue until Aug. With friends is going to be for turf war, so I am curious if you could have all your friends in one turf war match.
But in Turf War you are still paired with people by level. If it isn't in the game hopefully when the lobbies come in August it allows us to play with less than 4 friends. ;)

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
But in Turf War you are still paired with people by level. If it isn't in the game hopefully when the lobbies come in August it allows us to play with less than 4 friends. ;)
Turf War doesn't care about your level. It will try to pair you with people around your level, but it still doesn't care. And level does not matter at all, and hardly reflects your skill. It will probably matter for like the first 2-3 weeks or so, since the better you do, the faster you level up, but after a certain period of time, everyone will catch up.

Ranks actually have some way to reflect skill since it can go up or down depending on how well you perform. Every loss brings it down, so there is something more on the line. It isn't just a number that goes up, that everyone can catch up to with due time.

suavevillain

Inkling Cadet
I hope playing ranked with friends will be possible i want to get this game to play with my team wtf lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom