• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Resource icon

Weapons Rapid Blasters: How to use them in Competitive Play

WalnutCena 2.0

Inkling
NNID
gladdys01
WalnutCena 2.0 submitted a new guide:

Rapid Blasters: How to use them in Competitive Play - The Underrated Powerful Gem

This is my first Guide so if this is bad I'm sorry I wasted your time.So since the last Weapon Patch (I know I'm late) the Blasters especially the Luna Blaster have been nerfed so you can only get 1-Hit-KO's with only a direct hit,But since the Patch I've seen more Rapid Blasters than before the patch so I might as well make a guide for the Squiddies who want to try this Hidden Gem.

Part One: Range and Placement

The Rapid Blaster has some pretty good range as it can be a good pressure...
Read more about this guide...

ProjectJ

Inkling
I agree that defensive play is what the Rapid Blaster excels at. Even post-nerf, the Luna is probably the go-to Blaster for more offensively oriented play, but Rapid Blasters do well in just the opposite. Rapid Blasters are based more on Spacing and keeping people out.

My input: the most important tip is to know this weapon's range and stick to it. You'll want to keep opponents just at the limit of your range, no closer IMO. Unlike other Blasters, this guy doesn't splat in one direct hit, so if an Inkling gets in too close, you're a dead man. Enemy squids are gonna try to snake around your shots to get in for the close range, where unfortunately the slowish rate of fire, and precise coverage are gonna leave it outclassed by most other weapons. Don't ever be afraid to make a retreat with this weapon to get back to your spacing.

Do you prefer the standard Rapid Blaster or the Deco? For me it's not an easy decision. Suction bombs feel like they compliment the weapon better, but the Bubbler really covers its close range weakness.

WalnutCena 2.0

Inkling
NNID
gladdys01
I agree that defensive play is what the Rapid Blaster excels at. Even post-nerf, the Luna is probably the go-to Blaster for more offensively oriented play, but Rapid Blasters do well in just the opposite. Rapid Blasters are based more on Spacing and keeping people out.

My input: the most important tip is to know this weapon's range and stick to it. You'll want to keep opponents just at the limit of your range, no closer IMO. Unlike other Blasters, this guy doesn't splat in one direct hit, so if an Inkling gets in too close, you're a dead man. Enemy squids are gonna try to snake around your shots to get in for the close range, where unfortunately the slowish rate of fire, and precise coverage are gonna leave it outclassed by most other weapons. Don't ever be afraid to make a retreat with this weapon to get back to your spacing.

Do you prefer the standard Rapid Blaster or the Deco? For me it's not an easy decision. Suction bombs feel like they compliment the weapon better, but the Bubbler really covers its close range weakness.
Tbh I don't really have a favorite, depends on Gamemode and preference

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom