• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Remember that special gauge refill hack?

Zulehan

Inkling
I remember there being a discussion about it here, but for the life of me cannot find it.

I am only bringing up this topic again because, only a few minutes ago, I was in a Turf Wars match and it happened. I do not know if there was just one or more players involved, but I know Inkstrikes were going off much more frequently than should be possible. There was several launches every few seconds and the map was filled in no time. In fact, the team couldn't do anything because the map was just being saturated by the launches. I was spending most time cleaning up the mess.

This is the only time I have witnessed it personally, and nothing indicates to me this would become common. But now I am curious whether anyone else here has recently experienced it, and if they just experienced it in Turf Wars, or in ranked modes, too?

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I remember there being a discussion about it here, but for the life of me cannot find it.

I am only bringing up this topic again because, only a few minutes ago, I was in a Turf Wars match and it happened. I do not know if there was just one or more players involved, but I know Inkstrikes were going off much more frequently than should be possible. There was several launches every few seconds and the map was filled in no time. In fact, the team couldn't do anything because the map was just being saturated by the launches. I was spending most time cleaning up the mess.

This is the only time I have witnessed it personally, and nothing indicates to me this would become common. But now I am curious whether anyone else here has recently experienced it, and if they just experienced it in Turf Wars, or in ranked modes, too?
Do you know the other teams weapons and gear?

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
I am wondering if thus is just an exaggeration due to the other team having a lot of weapons with ink strikes, or if this is actually something that has happened.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Maybe they had 4 Aerospray RGs? These things can fill special meter really fast.

Zulehan

Inkling
I'll definitely have to pay closer attention to the weapons used by the other team next time; I know one had that silver Aero, but I do not know about the other three. Just feels odd to me I would play for so long and witness plenty of Inkstrike spamming teams, but never felt so overwhelmed as in this game. And it is not like we got curbstomped either; everyone on my team scored very well for a losing team. The Inkstrikes started much sooner than I could fill my special gauge as an Inkbrush user.

But yeah, I'll have to pay closer attention to the weapons and timing in case this happens again, as this time I was simply taken too much aback to look at what was going on with a clinical mindset.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I'll definitely have to pay closer attention to the weapons used by the other team next time; I know one had that silver Aero, but I do not know about the other three. Just feels odd to me I would play for so long and witness plenty of Inkstrike spamming teams, but never felt so overwhelmed as in this game. And it is not like we got curbstomped either; everyone on my team scored very well for a losing team. The Inkstrikes started much sooner than I could fill my special gauge as an Inkbrush user.

But yeah, I'll have to pay closer attention to the weapons and timing in case this happens again, as this time I was simply taken too much aback to look at what was going on with a clinical mindset.
Was it a full team of 4? Tenacity might have helped them if they weren't a full team or if they kept dying a lot.

Zulehan

Inkling
Was it a full team of 4? Tenacity might have helped them if they weren't a full team or if they kept dying a lot.
Yeah, we both had a full team of four for the whole game. Sadly I do not recall if they had tenacity or got a lot of deaths.

I have been curious about using Tenacity. If it makes that big of a difference I am even more intrigued.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Yeah, we both had a full team of four for the whole game. Sadly I do not recall if they had tenacity or got a lot of deaths.

I have been curious about using Tenacity. If it makes that big of a difference I am even more intrigued.
Well I think a lot of people thought it really only matters if you are missing a player in a match, but if people die on your team your special gauge will fill up (The more of your teammates that are down the faster it will move up.) Try messing around with it- It can be fun with Special fill up as well.

NikeXTC

Inkling
NNID
NikeXTC
I've been using it for a long time now. It's a nice ability, especially if paired with other special boosting abilities. If you have no Special Saver, Special Charge Up or the special isn't crucial to your play style then I'm afraid it won't make that much of a difference.

tom_r07

Inkling
NNID
tom_r07
Back onto the topic of hacking, I think it is strange that they could fill up that much Instrikes so fast.

Sqwiddles

Pro Squid
NNID
PheenieWeen
I've haven't heard of this hack before but my god it sounds annoying. I already scream when the entire team have like 3-4 inkstrikes, BUT TO HAVE THEM BE GOING OFF EVEN MORE THAN BEFORE? Y I K E S.

If it is a hack then that sucks, especially going against them. Too bad people can't play the game normally anymore.

tom_r07

Inkling
NNID
tom_r07
Yeah, its a shame why everyone has to ruin the fun for everyone else to have fun in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom