• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Remember When...

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
This thread is dedicated to old mechanics, mindsets, strategies, and anything else that was a "thing" and died or isn't really prominent anymore. Miiverse posts can also be included in this. Soooo...

Remember when Level 20 was the cap or when teams of all Rollers were prominent? I remember the latter quite vividly.
Or how about the whole pants thing?

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
I remember a time when people thought the bamboozler was the worst weapon in the game. I think there are people who still believes this.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I still remember when rollers used to be the best thing. Man, were we so innocent back then.

E: Oh, and anyone still remember the times when the Octarians were going to invade? That was a riot. Time sure flies, though.

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
Remember when everyone was in the low ranks? No one was really good yet, and everything was fun and memorable. I can remember my first battle...

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
remember when noone cared about abilities and rolling gear and just wore what looked good?

i kinda miss those days :c it felt so free

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
remember when noone cared about abilities and rolling gear and just wore what looked good?

i kinda miss those days :c it felt so free
I still don't care about abilities very much unless my dad makes me XD and I still manage to do okay. ^^

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I remember when aerosprays and krak-on rollers were everywhere.

I remember when krak-on rollers were even dominating high ranks but some competitive players went on rants about how bad they were.

I remember when the game was new and innocent and it was fun to just cover turf and not worry about splatting everyone...

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
Remember when a good chunk of the player base thought Chargers were useless?
I remember when aerosprays and krak-on rollers were everywhere.

I remember when krak-on rollers were even dominating high ranks but some competitive players went on rants about how bad they were.
This... so much this... I remember seeing posts about people telling other Charger users that "other players will try to disrespect you". Now look at them, it's the Chargers who are doing a lot of the disrespecting and don't even get me started on the Areospray/ Krak-On nonsense that occured at the game's launch. XD

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I remember rollers everywhere, and people thinking they were completely broken and unfair.. it was quite sad.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Why did we think the rollers were so OP? Did we just not know how to back up? Or was it because back then everyone used short range weapons, and you were still in flick range if you wanted to take out the roller?

Rollers are so hard to use now. And not very rewarding in TW anymore. You used to be able to get a ton of points with a roller. Now you're probably at the bottom, with (hopefully) a good K/D.

EDIT: except for dynamos...fking dynamos...

Goolloom

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Goolloom222
Remember when A+99 was max rank? And that max level was 20?
Getting matched with people that were much higher ranked than you... (A's matched with S's and whatnot)

I remember the time where Sloshers and Splatlings did not exist at all...
People thought the Hydra was useless when compared to the Heavy...

Oh man, I could list a whole bunch of things... but I don't want to mention them all, haha!

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
Remember when there were only SZ? Or no RM yet? And when private battles didn't even exist?

About rollers, remember they were nerfed, too. A swing scratching you was basically a 1HKO at the time. Though the main problem was still the way people played.

Remember when people used to cry about their teammates? Oops, it's still there! :D

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
Remember when they pretty much fixed Ranked's matchmaking to make it really good? And then didn't do the same for Turf and left Turf's matchmaking and team comp assignments terrible?

I love Turf but boy can it be frustrating. I'

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Remember when TW was fun and carefree and everyone tried to paint turf rather than using it as a practice room for getting splats? that was the game at its best... I didn't even touch ranked for months, it was just so fun spending all night, every night playing TW non-stop. I actually miss that part. That was Splatoon at its best.

Yellowkirbyguy

Senior Squid
Remember when the H-3 Nosslenose first came out?....No?... Oh. Okay. What about the H-3 D?...Still no?...Ohh... I remember that was the very brief period where it was seen the most....then.... Uhh....Then the Cherry came out yayy!...Vanilla H-3 Ftw

More seriously, Remember when E-litres practically won every single match up because they could half charge one shot you or use Burst bombs and only burst bombs?...How i don't miss those days.

Umbriel_Umbra

Full Squid
NNID
umbrella720
Remember when people thought that Blaster's were the only way to go in TC when that mode first came out?

Every d*mn team was 4 Luna Blasters lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom