• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Riskily makes a Halo Social Thread

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Hello I would like to make a thread dedicated to Halo please do not destroy me for this is not a Nintendo game.
No, I'm not talking about the multiplayer primarily. I don't mind the multiplayer but I'm talking about the story. I love the story, so I'll start this off with me talking about the story.

Basically, I am really fascinated by the Halo universe. The characters are all very interesting to me and the villain characters are, well.... hateable! I enjoy when I can't "like" the villain especially if they're not redeemed later in the series. I guess the worst thing is when 343 got their hands on the series everything started to go downhill on terms of new games- 4 and 5 were... bad. I will admit the halo 2 remaster looked amazing, but CE's remaster was trash and lagged a lot on my console. It was awful- so I always only used the old graphics.

Meta Knightmare

Full Squid
NNID
spacephage
yooo this is my kind of social~
I enjoy the first three, plus the two spinoffs that bungie made
Halo 4 took too much for reach for being a main game (and was ridiculously hard imo, well on some parts, it was just silly)
halo 5...is in the far corner of my mind honestly. I do remember it being better than halo 4, and i absolutely LOVED the Warden Eternal boss among some of the new weapons and characters (hello Locke and return of Buck a la ODST)
Speaking of ODST that was by far one of my favourites....
and I agree with you, Halo 2 anniversary was done pretty damn well if i say so myself~ (at least comparison to the laggy test run that was halo CEA)
CEA deserved better (better than silly invisible walls and lazy character/gun model swaps)

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I haven't actually played ODST yet- I really want to play it.
I need to beat Reach on the topic of spinoffs.

Halo 4 took too much for reach for being a main game (and was ridiculously hard imo, well on some parts, it was just silly)
I haven't really played 4 yet, but i'm kind of nervous to now considering.

Meta Knightmare

Full Squid
NNID
spacephage
I haven't actually played ODST yet- I really want to play it.
I need to beat Reach on the topic of spinoffs.

I haven't really played 4 yet, but i'm kind of nervous to now considering.

Reach was a fine game...for a spinoff
Thats the thing, it was a spinoff, Halo 4 should have played and felt closer to halo 3, then maybe, it would have been a fine game
also the music in ODST is superb

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I'm always down for Halo talk. I know 4 gets a lot of flak, but I think it's a great game. Has a good feel to it, the weapons have been tweaked to be better in most cases, I even like the continuation of the story. They made Master Chief much more vocal, and it worked.

Halo 5, it plays well, but they really botched the story line to me. I can go into further detail, but it would get into spoilers.

Meta Knightmare

Full Squid
NNID
spacephage
aiee... everyones got their opinions, and yeah, i dont mind chief having a bit more story to him (though he kinda has enough) but i feel his lines were rather out of character compared to the previous games and the books i have read
i guess i just wish 343 kept to the original creators' wishes in keeping 'Chief a bit more mysterious cause they wanted the player to insert themselves into the game (like most silent protags)
shrugs

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
They made Master Chief much more vocal, and it worked.
Oh please no. This is just my opinion of course.... but
Master Chief was made silent so he would be more relatable to the player. That's what bungie wanted- a relateable silent protag.
Despite not playing Halo 4 yet, this is a huge turn off for me when it comes to getting me to get the game. That, and the fact it's 343... and they suck.
Bungie probably wanted Halo's main story to end with 3 and then they'd just do remasters or work on substories. It would have been better that way.

I agree with Meta Knightmare too- despite not reading the books yet I really do want to... and if they're right about his personality being different than the books then Halo 4 is pretty inaccurate there, making it kinda... cringey for me? Like 343 doesn't care?

Hoo boy.

Halo 5, it plays well, but they really botched the story line to me. I can go into further detail, but it would get into spoilers.
Don't really know if anyone minds Halo 5 spoilers but eh whatever. Either way the story was.... ehh...
I didn't like the whole "CORTANA'S BACK AND EVIL" trash 343 pulled. :\
But I think everyone agrees on hating that...

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Oh please no. This is just my opinion of course.... but
Master Chief was made silent so he would be more relatable to the player. That's what bungie wanted- a relateable silent protag.
Despite not playing Halo 4 yet, this is a huge turn off for me when it comes to getting me to get the game.
Oh trust me, I had the exact same concerns with him being a more involved character in the story. But he retains his quiet nature, but his dialogue makes him feel more involvved in ways that feels more natural I guess. It's hard to describe I guess. lol Either way, I personally liked chatty Chief.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Oh trust me, I had the exact same concerns with him being a more involved character in the story. But he retains his quiet nature, but his dialogue makes him feel more involvved in ways that feels more natural I guess. It's hard to describe I guess. lol Either way, I personally liked chatty Chief.
That makes sense I suppose. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions. Perhaps I'm just incredibly biased because I don't really like 343 as a company too much in comparison to Bungie on terms of managing the Halo franchise.

KungFu

Inkster Jr.
I think I should've jumped into this sooner cause I love the franchise. Halo 2 was my first game and I wasn't able to finish it cause I was a scared of it at first, and the game was too dark on my TV at the time. (Got into it as a kid, and I have already finished it ages ago.) Played all the Halo's up until 4 which I thought was ok but not what I really wanted. The enemies in the 4th looked a bit weird and loony, if you ask me.

On the topic of the companies such as 343, I was enthusiastic about it at first, but; when I got my hands on Halo 4, I really wasn't impressed. When Halo 5 came out I didn't get it and instead watched a play through of the game's story cause that was the only thing I cared about and I didn't have the funds to get it. When I saw the whole thing, I thought they broke the whole universe of this franchise at this point. I was hyped by that voiced story performance that they used to advertise the game with and was pretty excited as to what it will offer, and I even tried to read the books on the forerunner sage but I got bored and, read the 1st and 2nd book of Kilo-Five, which I recommend.
Even friend of mine wanted to convince me to get the game for the multiplayer and forge, but I really wasn't interested since I was just in it for the story and it's become too confusing for me to even follow along.

I wanted to get into Halo 5, but 343 dun goofed in my eyes.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I think I should've jumped into this sooner cause I love the franchise. Halo 2 was my first game and I wasn't able to finish it cause I was a scared of it at first, and the game was too dark on my TV at the time. (Got into it as a kid, and I have already finished it ages ago.) Played all the Halo's up until 4 which I thought was ok but not what I really wanted. The enemies in the 4th looked a bit weird and loony, if you ask me.

On the topic of the companies such as 343, I was enthusiastic about it at first, but; when I got my hands on Halo 4, I really wasn't impressed. When Halo 5 came out I didn't get it and instead watched a play through of the game's story cause that was the only thing I cared about and I didn't have the funds to get it. When I saw the whole thing, I thought they broke the whole universe of this franchise at this point. I was hyped by that voiced story performance that they used to advertise the game with and was pretty excited as to what it will offer, and I even tried to read the books on the forerunner sage but I got bored and, read the 1st and 2nd book of Kilo-Five, which I recommend.
Even friend of mine wanted to convince me to get the game for the multiplayer and forge, but I really wasn't interested since I was just in it for the story and it's become too confusing for me to even follow along.

I wanted to get into Halo 5, but 343 dun goofed in my eyes.
Yeaaah... 343 was kinda a huge letdown and ruined the franchise.
Halo 5's gameplay seems fun but the story is.... pretty mediocre though.

I still prefer 1-3.

KungFu

Inkster Jr.
Yeaaah... 343 was kinda a huge letdown and ruined the franchise.
Halo 5's gameplay seems fun but the story is.... pretty mediocre though.

I still prefer 1-3.
Same, as well as ODST and Reach.

Also, I love your new profile pic.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Same, as well as ODST and Reach.

Also, I love your new profile pic.
ODST is something I really want to play. I heard a lot of nice things about it.
I have Reach but I haven't beaten it yet. Really want to though.

Thanks. (Unless I changed it recently again haha)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom