1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

RP Square Discord Thread [Invite in Thread]

Discussion in 'RP Square' started by ReedRGale, Aug 14, 2017.

1. ReedRGale

ReedRGale Inkling Commander

Wow it's been awhile since I've made a thread here.

Hello, ReedRGale here representing an idea the Missing crew was discussing:
    a Discord Channel for the RP Square.

Right now, there seem to be a lot of writers around but no real place to meet. We have different groups that all seem to want different things in their RPs with few GMs to meet their needs. As a result, there don't seem to be many RPs to join.

Making a channel would give us a place to meet without disrupting any groups that have already been made; a place to discuss ideas for OCs in real time, craft new RPs and, ideally, threaten people into hosting nominate people willing to host those ideas.

Wouldn't it be great to see new OOC and IC threads in here? Something like this could make that easier. If you're interested,
    just make a post. If this is particularly popular, the Missing crew will eventually threaten one of our number into hosting choose among ourselves a host. If, by chance, anyone else would want to host the channel though, do speak up.

For now, though, let's gauge interest.

EDIT: Thanks to @Rustic for providing and moderating this channel:

https://discord.gg/KNXCvCx

Let's get the show on the road then!

#1 ReedRGale, Aug 14, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  2. Ikaheishi

Ikaheishi Bobble-chan
    Premium

I think it's a pretty good idea. Rustic mentioned it over in the Octo Lab server and I was discussing it with him a bit. Before he pointed me to this thread. (I'm the the middle of a talk action so I wouldn't have seen this until probably tomorrow.)
    I think having the Discord server you propose would help accomplish this so… Yeah, I'm totally for it!

Yin_ and Rustic like this.
  3. REYES

REYES Inkster Jr.

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-4119-9070-0340
    I'm interested in this as well. I am a noob at RP and would need someone to show me the ropes though.

Yin_, ReedRGale and Rustic like this.
  4. ReedRGale

ReedRGale Inkling Commander

@REYES We're all noobs on the inside. Don't worry. If there's any sort of questions you want to ask that'd make you more comfortable starting or participating in an RP, feel free to PM me. Or if this channel happens, then just ask the people there. xD

Yin_ and REYES like this.
  5. MacSmitty

MacSmitty Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Seeker624
    I too am Interested and willing to contribute to RP section of SquidBoards using Discord.

Yin_, ReedRGale and Rustic like this.
  6. Rustic

Rustic Inkling Commander

Hey, I volunteer as tribute for making that server! @ReedRGale
    I got it all done and stuff. If anyone has any suggestions to make it better, lemme know!
    https://discord.gg/KNXCvCx

Aykorn and Yin_ like this.
  7. REYES

REYES Inkster Jr.

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-4119-9070-0340
    Been a little busy lately, will check this out when I get home.

Rustic likes this.