• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

RP Sub-Section Petition

Should roleplay get its own subsection?

• Yes! Roleplay deserves a place for people to meet; it would be much easier to find related content!

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Yes. Though I wouldn't really be up for roleplay itself, the idea is sound.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • No. I don't really think that the forums have a big enough RP population to merit such a section.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • No. RP threads are games and, as such, can take place in the Forum Games section, proper.

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Stop! Before you vote please read this...

Greetings!

I am ReedRGale, and I represent the first active RP in the Splatoon forums (-Missing-) currently hosted in the Forum Games subtopic of the greater Splatoon forum known as the Squidboards. But enough of the formalities. I am here to bring to light something that may not have been considered up until now.

When I come to a forum, I like to lurk about the other parts because I join forums as a part of a fandom. But the place I really shine and love to take up root and residence is the roleplay section. When I joined, I noted that roleplay doesn't seem to be squelched or stifled... simply not considered much.

On: http://squidboards.com/threads/behold-mortals-oh-wait-im-a-mortal-too.2560/#post-46688

Hello and welcome to the website!

You can start a Roleplay on the "forum games" forum. Might check down their a couple times if I see it too.

Either way welcome to the website and if you need any help, just ask me or another staff member for assistance. See ya around.
When making my roleplay, it was excessively hard to collect people, though. While roleplay is not outright stopped and even possibly supported in that back of people's minds, there is no place to actively gather willing participants without doing a bit of legwork. Following the development of my thread, it took nearly a month to find interested players. Other roleplays or RP-like games in the Forum Games Subsection's past have simply withered because they can't find people; consider:

Splatoon: Attack on Squids
Roleplaying Adventure

And another that seems to show signs of taking root:

Why Is This Happening?

So, I simply propose that we create a Roleplay Subsection: It gives people with the same interests a place to conglomerate, discuss fancharacters and inksonas and octosonas, make interesting stories and grow as a community. It's not something I see being all that actively supported, but I'm assuming that's because it's simply not something that's being considered all that widely. So I seek to promote awareness:

There is an RP Community. I would love to see it grow, but they need a clear place to meet.

I would like to commend the other group that I see gathering Roleplayers, namely Inkopolis Underground so kudos to @NeoStar for starting that.

To close, I'm not sure who is in charge of such a task and I'm not entirely sure that this is the correct section to post this thread--if so, would a mod kindly move it?--but as an avid roleplayer, I feel that this is something that should be brought to the people of the forum to gauge their interest.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
The RP, MIssing, which Reed is currently hosting has all of it's slots filled up, but I've seen other people posting characters for other RP's...which haven't' done so hot. I can see how a new section might help.

I feel like the topic of RPing crosses between Forum Games and Original Content, like fanfiction, and having a designated in between area would be a lot easier for people looking to be involved or people just looking to browse.

That's my $0.02.

Robikku Squid

Just a squid havin' some fun! :3
NNID
RobikkuScratch
I'm all for it - I personally wouldn't mind having a place away from the rest of the boards to 'be of the squid' so to speak.

Banshee

Full Squid
NNID
Laddy-Daddy
There's always an RP community somewhere, regardless of what game or show it is. I've been at this for roughly 4-5 years and trust me, roleplayers are out there

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom