• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

RTC Mumble Server

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I think IRC is meh and I don't use Mumble, are there any plans for a TeamSpeak or Skype group?

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
There's a Skype group. The thread for it is on the beta forum.

Edit: I wouldn't mind TeamSpeak either.

GLB

Senior Squid
I am definitely up for a skype group. IRC I dont use a whole lot anymore but I can be sure to add it to my favorite channels so I check in from time to time

itisRag

NNID
itisrag
I've submitted a request to the admins to move/tag/approve this thread as appropriate.

GLB

Senior Squid
hmmm, is there a skype group?? or should we all just start listing our usernames??

itisRag

NNID
itisrag
It was my understanding that there was a group. I'm not sure who was in charge of it or in it. Honestly everyone would be better off starting over on this new site.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
If there is any Skype group, feel free to add me to it. My Skype username is TeddyBearYoshi as always.

itisRag

NNID
itisrag
What about RaidCall?
From what I've read about RaidCall, it is a sign-up required service, and does not have any kind of dedicated server software that is configurable. In other words, it's kind of like Skype, where you are using a proprietary messaging/VoIP service and have limited control over it/cannot maintain/host/control the servers yourself. That's fine for people who are comfortable using something like that, but not exactly my thing. For my own personal solutions I prefer to stick with dedicated solutions that have personally maintainable server configuration software like Mumble/Teamspeak.

Edit: To clarify, I've talked with the admins, and we have agreed that they are not going to officially endorse/sanction the Mumble server I am hosting, and as far as I can tell they do not have plans to have any such official VoIP for Squidboards. Any solutions will be for unofficial/personal/individual use/basis, according to what I have been told. I of course can't speak for the admins, and they will end up deciding whether or not they want to change this policy.

I am planning to set up a group/try to bring my old clan back from the dead, so I will probably be trying to initiate a small community of people soon. I'm beginning to work on rebuilding a website for it and try to have it up by the end of next month.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom