• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

S&F Rainmaker Only Results + Feedback

Albatross

Senior Squid
NNID
Zacrowski
It was a fun tournament. Stay based. Can't wait for the RM Rig only tournament that you promised in writing.

Silver

Speedrunning Inkling
NNID
MHFsilver
Based Scarth with the best tournament. Please do this again

I had no problems with contacting people, no issues with the rules, nothing. People were dead set on getting things done right away and get to playing the best mode. If I had to say something bad about it I'd have to say the worst part was the number of teams who entered. Too low, people need to get good and recognize a good tournament when they see it.

GGs to all

Admiral Ackbar

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ILYAdmiralAckbar
I enjoyed this unconventional tournament. I'll gladly participate in all future rainmaker only tournaments, and or anything Scarth hosts. 10/10 would yes.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
I'm ay have been completely knocked out in the first round but this is the first tournament I've participated AND had fun in oh please do this again

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
I'd prefer a different tournament format. Maybe double elimination, but overall it was run well.
Single or doubles Anys great for me because I suck at both anyway maybe try switching modes around though like one based truly on splat zones or tower

1o2

Inkling Cadet
Now do a Turf Wars only tournament. You won't.

Chewi

Full Squid
NNID
IronChefCanada
I thought it was great. Rainmaker is a lot of fun and is definitely viable. I didn't come across many gimmicky strategies, although chargers were less common than other modes, probably for good reason on many maps.

Single elim tournaments are nice and quick which makes it easier for me to participate.

Also, memes.

shudder

Senior Squid
We had some bad lag against Speed Runs Live, they are really good so I'm not sure we would've had much of a chance anyways BUT the lag pretty much ensured we didn't have a chance. Still a cool tournament and we had fun regardless.

Sendou

Full Squid
NNID
Sendou
Fun, well managed tournament. I have no complaints. Thanks for good games all teams we faced.

We had some bad lag against Speed Runs Live, they are really good so I'm not sure we would've had much of a chance anyways BUT the lag pretty much ensured we didn't have a chance. Still a cool tournament and we had fun regardless.
We had absolutely no lag when playing against them which leads me to believe the issue was on your end.

Tophermonn

Inkling
NNID
Tophermonn
Awesome tournament, Scarth! Hope to see more tournaments like this format in the future!

Krozo

Full Squid
NNID
KrozoMagnus
I thought this tournament was really fun! It actually allowed rainmaker to be balanced in some way due to the fact that if you got bull crapped in the first 30 seconds of a match you had the chance to do it right back in the next one. It also gives some good practice to RM in a tournament setting since it is way less often in normal tourneys.

shudder

Senior Squid
Fun, well managed tournament. I have no complaints. Thanks for good games all teams we faced.

We had absolutely no lag when playing against them which leads me to believe the issue was on your end.
Yeah it's definitely possible, just stinks when that happens regardless.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Based Scarth with the best tournament. Please do this again

I had no problems with contacting people, no issues with the rules, nothing. People were dead set on getting things done right away and get to playing the best mode. If I had to say something bad about it I'd have to say the worst part was the number of teams who entered. Too low, people need to get good and recognize a good tournament when they see it.

GGs to all
Definitely 10/10 agreement

Nair

Full Squid
NNID
Goldenwolfy
Great tournament, friend.

Can't wait for TC only and SZ only tournaments.

scarth

Senior Squid
Ty for kind wordks everyone
I'd prefer a different tournament format. Maybe double elimination, but overall it was run well.
Single elim tournaments are nice and quick which makes it easier for me to participate.
If there's a next one, I'll poll it. Single elimination ones are quick and more clear cut, making one-days easier, and punish harder if a team screws up. Double elim gives a safety net to teams who get an unfortunate set of map/mode combinations.

Now do a Turf Wars only tournament. You won't.
I won't run a tournament for a mode I don't enjoy and that will have a very small number of entrants.

SRL don't lag any more than anyone else in my experience

Can't wait for the RM Rig only tournament that you promised in writing.
Can't wait for TC only and SZ only tournaments.
Watch this space

thomas collins

Inkling
NNID
flatiza
thought the tournament was a cool time. even though i only got to play one round, it was easy to coordinate and it was fun watching the progress throughout the day. i say keep the single elimination because it was nice that everything was wrapped up pretty fast. Tower Control tournament would be cool, but please do another rainmaker only because it's the best mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom