• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 S+ rank is a joke now! It's watered down with so many bad players.

superlativeb

Inkster Jr.
im kinda salty AF over this . I feel like because I play charger that I get unfairly drafted to teams. They'll gladly pair double nZap , double blasters and those weapons require like a quarter of the skill to progress through rank. I'm stuck right in the **** part of S/+ where team power is 1600-1800 ( IF NOT 1200 DUE TO LOG OFFS AND RETARDS) and I'm probably well past 1900 into 2100. This is crazy , they need a better way of ranking / match making. I want K / D ratios taken into account and like shot accuracy. these blasters should be put in little kids camp for non skilled shannanagins.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
im kinda salty AF over this . I feel like because I play charger that I get unfairly drafted to teams. They'll gladly pair double nZap , double blasters and those weapons require like a quarter of the skill to progress through rank. I'm stuck right in the **** part of S/+ where team power is 1600-1800 ( IF NOT 1200 DUE TO LOG OFFS AND RETARDS) and I'm probably well past 1900 into 2100. This is crazy , they need a better way of ranking / match making. I want K / D ratios taken into account and like shot accuracy. these blasters should be put in little kids camp for non skilled shannanagins.
Yes I totally get you. It is also important to keep a balanced meta, so you can't get along being cheap all the time. Especially people who only ever use common shooters.

superlativeb

Inkster Jr.
Im really here thinking......"Ill play blaster to get up past s+10 and switch back " its not fair. I can guarantee I am pulling the other 3/4 of almost every game myself. guarantee. be it with kill/death rate , combined kills on my team doesn't exceed mine and that when I die.......there goes the game. its make or break it every single game and I'm tired of it. Take the stupid lazer off my rifle and then lets see how fair that is. i have to learn to cope with disabilities and handicaps to my stuff where everyone else is cheesin' it through with blasters that require zero aim , no charge and have practically the same range / power as my charger. my pierce shot is like the only asset the charger has these days .

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Im really here thinking......"Ill play blaster to get up past s+10 and switch back " its not fair. I can guarantee I am pulling the other 3/4 of almost every game myself. guarantee. be it with kill/death rate , combined kills on my team doesn't exceed mine and that when I die.......there goes the game. its make or break it every single game and I'm tired of it. Take the stupid lazer off my rifle and then lets see how fair that is. i have to learn to cope with disabilities and handicaps to my stuff where everyone else is cheesin' it through with blasters that require zero aim , no charge and have practically the same range / power as my charger. my pierce shot is like the only asset the charger has these days .
The blaster doesn't have nearly as much range as a Splat Charger, are you talking about different weapons? I would think that the Rapid Pro would have close to the range of a Splat Charger

superlativeb

Inkster Jr.
just generally whining a lot lol . sorry . for times like these ......Grizzco. That'd be sweet if they added additional Co-Op stuffs. Generally just love the game bunch so i do fully admit to getting overly upset lol. Thx squidboards , promise i wont pollute too many forums with my shizzpostings.

RoronoaTREY15

Full Squid
NNID
RoronoaTREY15
What's happened to S+ rank recently? I see so many talentless players in every mode and every lobby. I mean I see players who run on their own ink like they're the greenest noobs. I see players going off on their own personal turf war in almost every lobby. It wan't like this only a couple of months ago. Now it's like B ranks in the quality of players there... why!?
Because X rank was announced, all the people are gunning for it that were either s+0, lower, or justvreally inexperienced. This has made the bad lobbies even worse, and scaring away the competitive players as well. Which makes the lobbies extremely unbalanced, and not any fun if u are skilled.

RoronoaTREY15

Full Squid
NNID
RoronoaTREY15
Why is this thread a thing when Rank X has already been announced and only a month away? Only the top 1% will ever get into X, meaning the best of players will have the level of competition they need
The data is flawed due to Ninty lumping the Western World with Japan. We are in separate servers, and therefor our ranks ect aren’t equal. It is easier to rank up in the West, and I have seen plenty of players in the teens that didn’t have a clue as to what they were doing.

RoronoaTREY15

Full Squid
NNID
RoronoaTREY15
In Splatoon 1 the kiss of death in an S+ lobby was one bad teammate. In this game, In this game it is possible to carry two bad players (just look at league). It is even possible to carry 3 if the other team has no competitive players.

superlativeb

Inkster Jr.
yah and i can indeed carry but it depends on rank mode. Tower control , clam blitz.....a charger cannot possibly hold it down alone. close. but I mean I only have like 5 full shots in my tank so unless they're lined up in a row the chances of me surviving an ecounter where I have to push their zone just isn't happening. After 605 hours I'm probably just selling the Switch and all my data goes with it. dont really wanna but times are tough and with the way things are I hardly have enthusiasm to try. Been fun. later guys.

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
I had my first S+ rotation yesterday, splat zones. Granted I only played about 10 games, but I felt like the skill levels I encountered were appropriate. I had good teammates for the most part and it was tought to maintain rank. I won 5 of my first 7 games, didn't quite make it to the "ok" line, then lost 3 in a row and deranked to S. The games were really fun though, it felt like my teammates were good, they stayed alive well and used specials at the right time. It is clear though that one bad teammate or someone screwing around with a meme weapon can easily cost you a game and possibly rank. I definitely ranked down quicker than in other ranks, I probably would have fully ranked up with a 5-2 record in any lower rank.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
First of all, solo has never been void of "bad players", in splatoon 1 S+, it was possible for randoms on your team to literally feed the enemy team. And that holds true in this game. Players with underwhelming skill exist in splatoon's solo queue, they always have been, and I doubt they'll ever go away.

Pretty much any multiplayer team game with a competitive / ranked feature is going to have an underwhelming teammate or two. Is the tier too easy to get into? For splatoon 2, yes, it probably is a bit too easy to get into S+. However, you can't blame it all on the system. As every player (believe this) has had a bad game or two in a session. It could be the entire session where they're struggling at, just because they could be off their game plan, maybe they're trying out a new weapon, or maybe they just got outplayed the entire time while playing.

For a lot of top players, they probably won't struggle or have as many awful games, but that doesn't mean they can perform terribly at times. We're all human while playing this game (I assume). So we're all prone to making mistakes, especially in stressful situations like solo queue, where your rank is put on the line whether you win or you lose.

Also, it takes the while for the game to accurately register where you stand skill wise, and even then, it might be totally off. Mostly because it doesn't look at your gameplay or how you consistently win matches. It just looks at the base stats at the end screen and tries to assume something. So if someone gets a couple of really good games, to be boosted and then crushed by the next level of players, you can't really do anything there. Just because they were following in the game's footsteps.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
In Splatoon 1 the kiss of death in an S+ lobby was one bad teammate. In this game, In this game it is possible to carry two bad players (just look at league). It is even possible to carry 3 if the other team has no competitive players.
"Competitive players"

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
I’m sure rank X players will still complain about something when it comes out. Those lower S+ players are a blessing when they’re on the opposing team of someone who is S+ 50. So when rank X drops they can’t blame their loses on lower level players.

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
A common side effect of being highly competitive is externalizing problems. I'm not saying the complaining is always wrong, and no doubt I'll be the subject of such complaints when I make the crossover into higher tier play.

However, as long as they are frustrating losses, threads like this will remain. Externalized problems immediately relieve internal guilt, and provide a target that can be attacked and defeated. The cry of "gd newbs" will absolutely be in X.

Misas

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3253-9278-3610
I'm confused, are you talking about players that don't focus on the point and just ink the ground
Because I ink the ground on the way to the point so I can get my special up quicker

RoronoaTREY15

Full Squid
NNID
RoronoaTREY15
I’m sure rank X players will still complain about something when it comes out. Those lower S+ players are a blessing when they’re on the opposing team of someone who is S+ 50. So when rank X drops they can’t blame their loses on lower level players.
The thing is, people that are competitive want to play against others that also are. It’s not realistic for everyone to always be available for a pb or tourney. Also players that aren’t “amazing” but still want to have fun, should be able to play with likewise. Because if a person’s attitude is “shut up you no life, we all suck” then they are definitely part of the problem for higher end players.

RoronoaTREY15

Full Squid
NNID
RoronoaTREY15
There is nothing wrong with a player that says “I don’t care about being that good an s+, you have no life” it’s just that they shouldn’t be in lobbies with people that want to have as much fun as possible, while playing against the best of the best.

It’s like me complains “lol this ain’t smash bros”. There is nothing wrong with that, but your natural response should be “well gobplay smash bros”. The same logic applies here

superlativeb

Inkster Jr.
I mean more like the gap that occurs between say like a 30 to 200 hour player and a 600 hour player. Not so much inking the floor , that from what i gather if you see that in ranked they are what i call "special camping" and while annoying to me personally its a pretty solid technique i've seen in higher ranked. but more to the point , because there are sometimes where you'll rack up and forget what mode you're playing lol and also the ones that truly dont get ranked yet. but yeah mostly referring to the way 600 hour players run a match compared to a lower hour play in that they end up watching other players just as much as themself for what weapons are in the game , who is spawning , who has special , location on map etc. a ton of newer rank players .....and i totally get it , its easy to fall into this habit early on and having it work in your favor , but they will rush only for the objective - say the tower , the zone , the rain maker and higher up in ranks / hours you have other playings counting on that fact of people not paying attention to their surroundings and they'll pick you easy and then proceed themselves to the objective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom