• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Salmon Run Ideas

SpaltNub

Inkling
Right now Salmon Run feels a little empty and can be very frustrating. For this I have a few ideas to stop the frustration.

1. Make a Salmon Run have a total egg goal instead of lots of mini goals. Through out the rounds it still shows the minor goal but when you reach the end screen it adds the mini goals up. If your total golden eggs is the same as the big goal you will still win but you will not get XP as much.

2. Sometimes, people get really annoyed when the salmon run has bad weapons (e.g. Hydra Splatling, E-liter 4K) this can make salmon run a lot harder as one player is struggling to fight against the salmon. For this I think they should get abilities like the gear in game depending on what weapon you have to make a slight help but the higher your salmon run rank is the less power it gives you (e.g Intern and Part timer quite a lot of buff but Over Achiever and Professional get less of a boost)

I hope you like my ideas :D

thundasi

Senior Squid
1. Make a Salmon Run have a total egg goal instead of lots of mini goals. Through out the rounds it still shows the minor goal but when you reach the end screen it adds the mini goals up. If your total golden eggs is the same as the big goal you will still win but you will not get XP as much.
this sounds like everyone would flake even more and it would be a mad dash in wave 3 if you even made it that , far most team mates dont watch who is even alive or remember they have a special to use. Managing a overall egg count is not something i see happening as well.

get abilities like the gear in game
Take the galooga dueies what would you do with ink mines? a sprinkler would be marginal at best. Burst bombs would result in one person sitting around raining them down all wave to also minimal effect. the big pain would be Knowing what kits to teammates had also like the guys with the ink mines, sprinkler, Splash wall, Point Sensors couldn't kill them. so if they encountered one they would have to "this way" HOPE someone actually looks and then come to do it.
By that metric, 4/9 bomb kits being unusable,
Mines
Splashwall
Sprinkler

Splat Bomb
Suction Bomb
Maybe
Burst Bomb Low Damage
Curling Bomb Bomb will get deflected off or knocked in the water
Auto Bomb They will run off away from where you throw them
Point Sensor
You have a great chance ending up in a run with no one having bombs at all.

We all wish the tutorial was better, thats something we can agree on though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom