• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Salmon Run Next Wave

Cephalobro

We have got new Salmonids to fight in Splatoon 3's Salmon Run and they are as wacky as ever. Something caught my attention though, that new unnamed big Salmonid seems like it has glowing eyes. What could it actually be?

As a side note: Two of the four player character voices are now confirmed to return: Inkling Girl and Octoling Boy, only two remain to return.

MrMoth

Flingza Enjoyer
NNID
MothBoi
Switch Friend Code
SW-6372-9131-0442
One main thing that caught my eye in the direct was the special meter. Honestly, I’m not to big a fan on it being segmented like that.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I am curious about the final salmonid as well I wonder if it is going to be a special event, like the firelights, ufo, golden salmonid, artillary, and rising tide event
I am thinking this cuz it stand out apart from the rest of the regular boss almost feeling like a raid boss with its prescence and it does seem too big to take on with just the regular splatoon weapons.

As for theories on how this boss battle will play out, there is one of 2 ways this could go Salmonzilla could either call out waves worths of salmonids at once and turn it into a survival mode
Or the artially cannon or some yet unseen new tool will be use to whittle it down, while it looms closer and closer to shore with salmonids guarding it...forcing the inklings and octolings to hold their ground in order to survive...my guess is personally this is how it will play out

Cephalobro

I think this could be a boss that appears at the end of the final wave for one last boss fight, this time fighting for survival rather than Golden Eggs. I also think it could be one of Mr. Grizz's minions, ordered to get rid of cephalopods now that a few are working against his plan.

frankus

Banned (6 points)
It would be funny of my character Egg McMan got into the basket and started throwing eggs at the Inklings and Octolings. He initially joins Salmon Run as the firth person on the job but only collects eggs with the other Inklings and Octolings to later egg them on!

Chilly_Blu

SRL Intern
Switch Friend Code
SW-0051-2661-0160
personally im really hyped for the egg throw. i can't tell you how many times i have lost because we can't get one stupid egg in when we are right at the basket. maybe it will help
100% same!!! I cannot count how many times we lost due to me or one of my teammates not getting close enough to the basket in time

gelatinoushare

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3384-2027-9131
Some tips for next wave:
Cohozuna's belly is its weak spot, you can even wail on it with weapons and do some damage there
If you can't reach the egg basket or can't make it out alive, throw it
Killer wail acts the same as string ray in that it can armour pierce
In one of the new events, long salmon faces with open mouths will pop up. You have to throw bombs into their mouths and they will eventually die.
There are often times more than one Big Shot, so don't just run away thinking it's dealt with
You can throw/give eggs to dead players
You can kill the Slammin' Lid without triggering it to slam

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom