• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Saltspray TC No Longer Banned From Rotation?

MrL1193

Inkling Cadet
So I was browsing GameFAQs just now when I noticed this thread:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/805617-splatoon/74662685

Hopped on SplatNet to check, and sure enough, the current Ranked rotation (scheduled to last until 10 am PST/1 PM EST) includes Saltspray Rig in Tower Control.

Makes you kind of wonder what Nintendo is up to now... Was it just an error by whoever scheduled the rotations, or is it a sign of things to come?

MrL1193

Inkling Cadet
It seems Port Mackerel TC is also due to make a return. It'll be up for the next rotation (6-10 am PST / 9 am - 1 pm EST).

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
And they indeed came! Honestly I'm happy it happened, because I always feel much less confident on the maps I can't play in ranked when I do have to play them in tournaments.

As they both came out at the same time I would say it's not a mistake. The question about the three RM banned maps is still open as I didn't see them, but they might come back too.

Does someone know from some japanese site or something why they were banned in the first place anyway? Like, I know, they can be kinda one sided, or too fast, or some weapons are too good on them, or... But honestly, fast games can still happen on other RM maps, and SZ is sometimes very one sided too, so... The reasons I saw until there were only guesses (though they made sense).

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
Nice :D

Not that I liked it, but I'm still happy being able to train it. So I guess they just made every map possible again.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
I think every map/mode previously removed from rotation will be returning. the question now is why? All 3 returning so far have returned at the same time of day. Could they be trying to find a way to improve them, or is this maybe indicating something else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom